Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs SCU 11 15.71%
Jericho vs Kassidy 3 4.29%
Starks vs Allin 41 58.57%
Mox vs Butch 15 21.43%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Eat My Fuc posted:

Thought the show was pretty solid. I love Orange Cassidy but he has really bad delivery when he talks, something about his voice just doesn't seem TV ready.

His debate promo was great. Normally he doesn't have a projected-from-the-diaphragm theatre/promo voice, but it wouldn't make sense for his character to have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Eat My Fuc posted:

I feel ya I just think his emotionless character comes off more as untrained than playing a character some time.

It probably is in some respects. OC's never been on TV before AEW, and his character isn't one that gets or needs a lot of promo time. It wouldn't surprise me if he's still figuring out how to adjust to being a featured player on weekly TV.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Just got to the Britt Baker match and it’s great to have her back, her character is so fun now. That said, I hope Swole also shows up on Dynamite again soon, especially since she won that feud.

It might be a minute before Swole returns, since she has Crohn's and likely doesn't want to chance the currently-increased risk of the 'rona.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MassRafTer posted:

The promo on the cruise was awesome. It basically cemented her turnaround into something great character wise.

It also gave us an incredible Schiavone gif and can only be considered a blessing for this.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

iospace posted:

You can't say that and not post the gif

Yeah, you're right.

enigmahfc posted:

This was filmed last week, so I assumed it was fallout from all of that, yeah.

Which makes me wonder who the stunt-foot was when Tony got superkicked.

I'm guessing it was Cutler.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Wintermutant posted:

My favorite part of that is that I was at the show but using the restroom at the time, and even out there, the entire men's room erupted into boos at that line.

Hearing someone get heat that they actually earned was so, so great. I wonder if that was inspired by the advice she got from Jericho, because that's the kind of locally-sourced heel cheapshot he would take.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I'm pleased that the members of Point Snake are friends and that Snakem'n is genuinely happy to be on the team and wrestling Jericho on his 30th anniversary.

Aww, Elite Wholesomeness.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Really hoping Luther and Jericho have some kind of wacky brawl next week where they just beat the poo poo out of each other. That would rule.

Failing that, Luther's recent Dark match with Darby where he worked a limb and did slick suplexes was honestly really good and I'd like to see more of that from him.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

but you'd at least probably get to meet Minoru Suzuki for a second before you got murdered.

Suzuki will come for us all eventually, so why not face him with one's fangs out like a warrior?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ganso Bomb posted:

I hope everyone is ready for the WWE stans to come out in droves complaining about "The King" being a ripoff of "The Man" and attempting to completely invalidate her.

Meh, they'll find any reason to complain about AEW. At least if "the King" gets over, the company she works for won't immediately kneecap her with terrible booking and Lacey Evans matches.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I kind of enjoy how “randomly bumps into Chris Jericho” is the inciting event for so many things.

Jericho brought it on himself by getting knocked over the barricade onto Luther and shoving him out of frustration, so it wasn't totally random. It was, however, awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing Jericho sell his rear end off in that match.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Colt/Yano vs. Orange Cassidy/Naito when, coward Tony

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

shiksa posted:

oh yea its a great team name. someone somewhere else mentioned the design a bret hart homage which explains why it says "the bae'st there is, the bae'st there was, the bae'st there ever will be" on the back lmao

God forbid she ever crosses paths with Ortiz.

THE BAE'ST THE BAE'ST THE BAE'ST THE BAE'ST

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Good thing Kenny stays away from beer and rich foods or else he'd be the Best Gout Machine.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

If Kenny Omega was a teapot he'd be the Best Spout Machine.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

BDawg posted:

No Abadon on Dark? Where’s my Living Dead Push?

Maybe we’ll see her on Dynamite.

She lives in CO so it might be tricky to fly her out there due to heightened 'rona concerns. That said I love her and I want her back. She's been weight training like mad according to her instagram and I hope she's even more frightening as a result.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I'm forever amused by the face that the biggest, dumbest entrance in AEW is Cody's, aka the guy who has been undone by his own hubris on a major stage three times now.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

STAC Goat posted:

Jericho tends to have big entrances too, and I think it works because they're obviously both the most WWE in the company. For Jericho its part of who he is and his act and for Cody its a whole self aware "I'm not bothered" ego thing.

Jericho's entrances are bombastic for sure, but they're nothing like the full elevator/entourage Cody entrances of yore. That's not a complaint, either; Cody's entrances are part of his whole deal and aren't the depersonalized spectacle of a WWE superstar dance routine.

Speaking of Jericho, I hope he and Luther give us a fun stupid brawl where two old men beat the poo poo out of each other. Knowing that Jericho really does feel like his friend deserved better and wants to give him a moment in the sun lends something endearing to this match.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

AEW's tag division could book matches based on team dynamics that aren't strictly babyfaces vs. heels and be fine, I think. A lot of their matches and feuds tend to be booked around character interactions as it is.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

IcePhoenix posted:

...was that Tony Khan giving Sammy his fan mail

I think so. Sure looked like him.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Vince MechMahon posted:

50 plus for 50 plus segment is going to be This Old House but with Blade Villa instead of Bob.

Costarring the Butcher as Norm Abram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Vince MechMahon posted:

The house turns out great, but Eddie gets frustrated cause he can't get blade to understand that QT is openly dating his wife and he was speaking metaphorically.

Butcher frantically patching up the holes Eddie punches in the new drywall.