Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Also, the beating Khabib would have doled out to Ferguson probably would have just made everyone uncomfortable after what Gaethje had already done and the best Khabib/Ferguson content was already delivered in that deranged press conference call-in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNnoXPfSOBA

I find the timing of this being the free fight to showcase Uriah Hall incredibly funny and perfectly petty

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
it's kind of funny that khabib went with the triangle because he didn't want to hurt justin because justin said he wouldn't tap, and then justin tapped several times anyway but the ref sucked too bad to see it

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

LobsterMobster posted:

it's kind of funny that khabib went with the triangle because he didn't want to hurt justin because justin said he wouldn't tap, and then justin tapped several times anyway but the ref sucked too bad to see it

I like that no matter what, Gaethje always gets a violent ending.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Veskit posted:

Turns out Mike Perry man who says friend of the family is a piece of poo poo.

Whooooooooo knewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SA Forums Poster posted:

Sorry, I'm just super stressed out with the election coming up, I haven't been able to go on a vacation in 8 months, loving Dana White always brining HIS politics into the UFC.

I'm the one who got triggered after someone got probated for typing out nword instead of typing nword, even though when you read nword the whole word is what your mind's eye translates it to.

Everything sucks.

henkman posted:

Probing a black dude for typing the n-word is a bad probe, I agree

Hi, I wanted to talk about this probe real quick. First, I hosed up. I shouldn't have given the 6er for this probe. Veskit was expressing frustration and annoyance that Mike Perry was getting some "lol silly ol' Mike Perry" kind of responses and not the outright condemnation that he deserves.

Unbeknownst to me, Veskit is a person of color and that played into them using the n-word in the post. I personally do not like nor want slurs to be posted in this thread by anyone, its just language I personally detest. I could have easily asked Brut, the other IK if you didn't know, or even Veskit privately to edit the post. I didn't do that and that was my mistake. Immediately after the probation went through, Veskit PM'd me, then realized we were both on Discord together, and we talked about the issue and he understood my point of view on the matter and I understood his. I'm gonna give myself a 6er for such a stupid mistake as a penance and ownership of my stupidity with this situation.

I'm sorry there was confusion with this all as I was probated and it seemed bad form to play telephone with people, let alone ask Veskit to speak up on my behalf.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Memento posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNnoXPfSOBA

I find the timing of this being the free fight to showcase Uriah Hall incredibly funny and perfectly petty

Hey, that's Gegard Mousasi he knocked out there. Gegard is a pretty good regional guy now.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
If anyone cares, former UFC fighter Rory Markham has a small acting career. He popped up in the incredibly lovely straight to streaming Rogue Warfare movies. He looks like a shittier, cheaper Michael Bisping, which I guess is kind of appropriate.

Mekchu posted:

Hi, I wanted to talk about this probe real quick. First, I hosed up. I shouldn't have given the 6er for this probe. Veskit was expressing frustration and annoyance that Mike Perry was getting some "lol silly ol' Mike Perry" kind of responses and not the outright condemnation that he deserves.

Unbeknownst to me, Veskit is a person of color and that played into them using the n-word in the post. I personally do not like nor want slurs to be posted in this thread by anyone, its just language I personally detest. I could have easily asked Brut, the other IK if you didn't know, or even Veskit privately to edit the post. I didn't do that and that was my mistake. Immediately after the probation went through, Veskit PM'd me, then realized we were both on Discord together, and we talked about the issue and he understood my point of view on the matter and I understood his. I'm gonna give myself a 6er for such a stupid mistake as a penance and ownership of my stupidity with this situation.

I'm sorry there was confusion with this all as I was probated and it seemed bad form to play telephone with people, let alone ask Veskit to speak up on my behalf.

A prince among men.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Sorry if this is the wrong thread, didn't see anywhere else. Good MMA podcast?

edit: well it's clearly the wrong thread, but I don't know where to ask. For content, my hot take is that Silva beats Hall via miracle.

vvv Much obliged. Forgot that DC & Helwani have a podcast; I could listen to them talk about anything. And I'm so numb to the UFC pimping their own poo poo I had no idea Unfiltered has an audio version.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 27, 2020

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Fly Ricky posted:

I enjoy listening to DC & Helwani which isn't exactly a podcast but it's an hour of them talking to each other, I keep hearing very good things about UFC Unfiltered, which has a video version on Fight Pass and an audio version everywhere, but just for transparency I don't listen to it myself...but I really should be.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Fly Ricky posted:

edit: well it's clearly the wrong thread, but I don't know where to ask. For content, my hot take is that Silva beats Hall via miracle.

It is the right thread, and welcome to it.

I don't have any answers for you besides DC & Helwani, and maybe JRE MMA episodes/guests if you can stomach it (and especially how much of brendon schaub and his brain damage you can stomach).

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
The correct answer is Grange TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gftmMAOsbv0

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

piratepilates posted:

It is the right thread, and welcome to it.

Thank you both. JRE is the only one I've ever listened to and his MMA-focused shows are few and far between enough that I can just barely manage to make it through without losing all faith in humanity.

I don't wish this to happen to anyone, but if someone on Earth has to have a stroke and lose their ability to speak, Schaub wouldn't be that big of a tragedy.

edit: big thanks everyone. I got some listenin' to do!

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Oct 27, 2020

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I enjoy the Co-Main Event podcast but that's possibly due to the fact that I'm a 40-something dad like the hosts. Jack Slack is good (Fights Gone By), as is Heavy Hands, which are both more technical discussions.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
I listen to Fights gone by and Heavy hands. Jack Slack is definitely an acquired taste but its worth it. He can be very sarcastic and it's sometimes hard to tell when he's being genuine. Almost the same with Connor and Phil. I like that they're a good blend between humour and technical talk.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My personal recommendations:

Co-Main Event Podcast, a bit goofy with its humor but entertaining. Their patreon stuff like "Affliction watch alongs" and the fictional story "The Old Man and the C" are quite good.

Fights Gone By, a very good informative breakdown podcast by Jack Slack who also freely just shits on people he dislikes.

GrangeTV, Aussies being Aussies. All you gotta say.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Jack Slack had some choice words for the dumbfuck journalists who kept asking Khabib about his father even after being told to cut it out.

gently caress MMA journalism is dreadful. "How has you camp been with your dad dead? What would your dead dad think of this? By the way did you remember your dad is dead?".

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Co - Main Event is decent if you like dad jokes along with your MMA analysis.

Bring back Mastertweet Theater, you cowards.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Forceholy posted:

Co - Main Event is decent if you like dad jokes along with your MMA analysis.

Bring back Mastertweet Theater, you cowards.

It’s a crime that I got to hear Sir Nigel Longstock’s Bisping impression only once. Also, I can’t imagine how much worse Jessica Eye’s tweeting has become after having her skull caved in.

N-thing the recommendations of Co-Main Event, Heavy Hands, and Fights Gone By (Jack Slack).

I haven’t listened to UFC Unfiltered in years, but last I checked it was just 2 UFC shills cashing a check without much preparation on their part.

Morning Kombat hasn’t been mentioned yet this time. It has a nice odd couple thing with Luke Thomas (honest and knowledgeable but sometimes too smug/serious) and Brian Campbell (enthusiastic and goofy, but with a lot of experience covering fight sports).

John McCarthy and Josh Thompson have an alright podcast, Weighing In. Thompson has some really dumb takes sometimes, though.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Is Matt Serra still podcastin?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

Is Matt Serra still podcastin?

Isn't he on UFC Unfiltered? or did he get replaced?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Jack Slack's Fights Gone By podcast is the only one I listen to. Hard to imagine irony poisoned goons having an issue with his tone.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

crepeface posted:

Jack Slack's Fights Gone By podcast is the only one I listen to. Hard to imagine irony poisoned goons having an issue with his tone.

It's the Hollywood Handbook of MMA podcasts

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
good fights, Bobby is a prince among bogans

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2i_8yFmfgE

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Miranda Maverick may be a prospect worth watching.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Mekchu posted:

Miranda Maverick may be a prospect worth watching.

I didn’t tune in early enough for that fight, was it as good as those highlights make it seem?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was sorta onesided but the stoppage was weird.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

She spent the entirety of the first round putting 1 2s through the guard, and split her opponent open with an elbow. It was a good stoppage imo, it came out of the corner really. Don't need everyone going home on their shield.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd just never seen a stoppage due to a cut on the nose. But yeah she was getting pieced up by simple combos. Maverick won an Invicta tourny too so I'm hot on her. Invicta rules imo.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
MMA Podcast:
Morning Kombat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rIaNLlC0RY

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Mekchu posted:

I'd just never seen a stoppage due to a cut on the nose. But yeah she was getting pieced up by simple combos. Maverick won an Invicta tourny too so I'm hot on her. Invicta rules imo.

I didn't see the fight but the cut looked pretty bad. Skin hanging off of it bad.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

HER NOSE WENT CLEAR INTO THE CROWD

the thing that impressed me most about Maverick in that fight was her ability to adjust. In the first 90 or so seconds of the round Jojua was actually getting the better of the exchanges and landing clean, and then Maverick made the adjustment on the fly and just loving destroyed her. That's an intangible that you can't make it to the top level without.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

If this is from 229, I remember seeing that girl at the event - my gf and I were in awe because she was wearing a papakha, had a backup papakha in her bag, and had fluffy boots that looked like mini papakhas. Truly a Khabib superfan.

Tony looks creepy as hell though.

Mekchu posted:

Hi, I wanted to talk about this probe real quick.
Truly more king than idiot.

Hollandia fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 28, 2020

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Best mma podcasts

You’re welcome
Submission radio
Ariels show pre DC

E: I also listen to comain event and even some mma fighting, but tbh they have bad opinions and are bad

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
You shouldn't make troll posts so obvious.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

apparently Dominick Reyes' next fight will be in February against Jiri Prochazka

he must have done something horrible in Prague in a past life to get matched up against two straight Czechs with absurd power

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tezcatlipoca posted:

You shouldn't make troll posts so obvious.

I’m not joking homeboy

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Troy Queef posted:

apparently Dominick Reyes' next fight will be in February against Jiri Prochazka

he must have done something horrible in Prague in a past life to get matched up against two straight Czechs with absurd power

Jan is polish. I get us Slavs are kinda an inter changeable people but we have our own internal tribalism we hold sacred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Hollandia posted:

If this is from 229, I remember seeing that girl at the event - my gf and I were in awe because she was wearing a papakha, had a backup papakha in her bag, and had fluffy boots that looked like mini papakhas. Truly a Khabib superfan.