Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Take this with a grain of salt since I know nothing about MMA or wrestling, but one of the things I love most about Khabib is he how he's so unbelievably good at grappling and wrestling that he makes American wrestling champs like Abel Trujillo look like children. I think the average young person you pull off the street in Dagestan is probably at least NCAA div II calibre. Very excited for Khabib to beat the brakes off of Gaethje.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Me: People's names are tied up in culture, race and religion. Laughing at them is not okay
Also me: Court McGee hahaha what the gently caress

awesomeolion fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Oct 4, 2020

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

i'm ready to wager some big boy probations on kabob smashing garth how does this work i want to bet that kabob wins by submission who wants to play

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

SA Forums Poster posted:

Sure, I'll take if he wins by submission you have have a 24 hour, but anything else and you get 7 days.

Looking at odds atm and Kabob is roughly a 3-1 favorite to win. Let's take submission out of it and I'll do a 7 day probe if khabib loses and whoever is interested can do a 24h probe if khabib wins.

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

SquirrelGrip posted:

sure but let’s double down on co-main, I’ll take 7 days on top if Whittaker loses

I'm not really invested in the comain but sounds like we're all set so let the record show SquirrelGrip should get a 24h probe if Khabib wins and i should get a 7 day probe if Khabib loses. Good luck!

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Loving Cannonier's dumb rocks I hope he links up with Diego Sanchez at stupid university

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

• Somehow McGregor had better defence on the ground than Gaethje against Khabib
  • NCAA wrestling stock continues to fall
  • A guy from Dagestan crushing the best fighters from America makes me strangely happy
  • If Aldo or GSP were the goat they wouldn't have lost so much

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Trying to wrap my head around how this fits together. Is it fair to say that the ground game in MMA typically goes from wrestling (shooting a takedown) to grappling (converting a takedown to hugging on the ground) to jiu jitsu (trying to submit) with a little striking sprinkled in throughout?

Edit: I guess I'm thinking maybe Justin was alright at stopping the takedown but after that was pretty much toast

awesomeolion fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Oct 26, 2020

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Cool cool, I think that makes some sense. Cheers. I need them to make a good UFC game so I can learn more about MMA :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

i think silva should have a go at dana white's contender series