Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

VideoGames posted:

Into the spider-verse has a very distinctive style and that suit mimics it exactly. They even use that frame skipping as part of character growth.

If you have not seen it then I urge you to give it a try as it is one of the best films ever. It is ridiculously inventive and everyone involved is at the top of their game. I adore it! It also looks amazing, a completely unique visual medium.

Into the Spider-verse is one of those movies that I'm mad about not seeing in theatres when I had a chance. So many of the scenes in that flick are built for a gigantic, expansive display that takes up your entire field of view. I hope some of the second-run theatres near me run it once this pandemic is behind us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'm a few hours into the cinders mod for ds3 and it seems straight up better than the base game. it also has a randomizer which is probably real fun due to all the weird poo poo they added.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jay Rust posted:

Well the magazine posted above was British

UK gaming magazines were the most lovely and toxic gaming mags out there and that's a field with stiff competition.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

I'm a few hours into the cinders mod for ds3 and it seems straight up better than the base game. it also has a randomizer which is probably real fun due to all the weird poo poo they added.

I played Cinders a few months ago and had a pretty fun time. I did cheese like 90% of it by finding a very overtuned weapon that I used to mulch most bosses in 10-20 seconds though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1322268664989700096

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Arzaac posted:

I still think OoT Randomizer is the absolute best randomizer, something about how that world is laid out and what items are required where that just turn it into a super satisfying metroidvania.

Though I haven't tried any of the FF randomizers, Free Enterprise looks pretty good

I'm still accepting general challenges in OoTR in the ring of honor thread, if you're interested. I'll use my buttons to get you an av or something if you win.

I've been meaning to try out the new test settings for the upcoming season four. Some exciting stuff in it designed to make the early game less rote (since let's face it, the first 30-45 minutes of every seed plays out the same way with the old settings). Off the top of my head, you start with Zelda's Letter and the song from Zelda, you start as a random age, your spawning location (and save+quit point I think????) are randomized for both ages, the rainbow bridge opens at 2 medallions (you still need all 6 to get ganon's boss key, which is on light arrow cutscene), king zora starts moved as adult (you still need letter to reach fountain as child), and deku tree required sword+shield to access like in vanilla so it isn't a braindead early choice.

They're also experimenting with adding in scrubsanity since for the most part scrubs are in areas that are a bit weak right now, so it mostly works to balance the world.

The one thing they tried but didn't end up sticking with was having the rainbow bridge open on 2 stones, and ganon boss key be on 5 medallions. The issue was that with you being able to skip two dungeons of your choice there weren't really enough mandatory items in most seeds for Way of the Hero hints to function properly.

e: all of this is likely to be in flux through most of November though, last I checked they were still unsure on open adult fountain.

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Andrast posted:

I played Cinders a few months ago and had a pretty fun time. I did cheese like 90% of it by finding a very overtuned weapon that I used to mulch most bosses in 10-20 seconds though.

yeah it can be really easy if you want it to be. I don't know if it was in when you played but there are explicit challenge starting classes and a table where you can add 'curses' - modifiers to make the game harder (though you get more souls for each one you apply.) I'm only at crucifixion woods so I don't want to commit to anything yet but if it continues on course expect just the most obnoxious post about how this mod 'gets' what was fun about difficulty in the souls series better than from has in at least 2 games.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Of course a mod would obnoxiously defend a mod :rolleyes:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

gently caress me i guess. My mouse is busted and double-clicks instead of single-clicks, my pc controller’s left analog stick drifts to the left and L2 triggers randomly, and my switch’s joycons are characteristically unusable.

No gaming this weekend??

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

gently caress me i guess. My mouse is busted and double-clicks instead of single-clicks, my pc controller’s left analog stick drifts to the left and L2 triggers randomly, and my switch’s joycons are characteristically unusable.

No gaming this weekend??

play genshin impact on your phone

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The wonderful world of keyboard-only gaming

Weedle
May 31, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The wonderful world of parser-based interactive fiction

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

No gaming this weekend??

Bearer of the curse, seek adversity

Seek lest

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

No gaming this weekend??
raging loop is on sale this weekend, you can probably play that with just a keyboard

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Jay Rust posted:

No gaming this weekend??

I had a busted DS4 that I thought was bin-bound, but with DS4Windows I could both adjust the deadzone and trigger sensitivity making it perfectly usable on PC

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Oh poo poo the free DLC is out. Now I can get my rear end kicked by a giant headless ape whenever I want.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

homeless snail posted:

raging loop is on sale this weekend, you can probably play that with just a keyboard

25-hour visual novel

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

25-hour visual novel
yeah its a little bit on the shorter side but its good

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

What are you even going to miss out on? It's not like games are a limited thing.

My friend, you aren’t wrong. But unboxing a new toy for the first time is fun and it’s fun to be part of the first people doing that. However, it’s not a big deal! I’m exaggerating for fun on the Internet

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

https://twitter.com/chanbanhi/status/1321986333951352834?s=19

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I finally have a mouse and can get back to the Doggone Romper :toot: I played through to the end of the first trial

- That execution was gnarly as gently caress :stonk:

- I didn't exactly see the twist with Sayaka planning a murder coming but I wasn't surprised by it either. It was more of an 'oh that makes sense' kinda deal

- Trial gameplay is cool apart from the loving rhythm game, I already know I'm gonna hate it

Updated Character Power Rankings

1. Hina - Hina is Best Girl
2. Junko - my girl got done dirty :(
3. Kyoko - girl is making some moves! Easily the only one with a clue
4. Chihiro - still just a sweetie
5. Celeste - still sketchy af but I love how she called out Leon on his 'self defence!' bullshit
6. Mondo - want to see more of you
7. Sakura - kinda just there right now
8. Naegi - the most average
9. Hiro - ehhh
10. Sayaka - thanks for not leaving me to die I guess
11. Taka - remove the stick from your butt and you'd probably be cool
12. Leon - wow way to turn out to be a fratboy douche
13. Toko - please take a shower I'm begging you it's been days
14. Togami - gently caress you rich kid
15. Hifumi - goons are the loving worst

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

For future power rankings, could you include everyone’s special talent, I’m having trouble remembering who’s who!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

For future power rankings, could you include everyone’s special talent, I’m having trouble remembering who’s who!

Rarity posted:

1. Hina (swimmer) - Hina is Best Girl
2. Junko (model) - my girl got done dirty :(
3. Kyoko (who the gently caress knows) - girl is making some moves! Easily the only one with a clue
4. Chihiro (coder) - still just a sweetie
5. Celeste (gambler) - still sketchy af but I love how she called out Leon on his 'self defence!' bullshit
6. Mondo (Hell's Angel) - want to see more of you
7. Sakura (badass) - kinda just there right now
8. Naegi (protag) - the most average
9. Hiro (fortune teller) - ehhh
10. Sayaka (pop star) - thanks for not leaving me to die I guess
11. Taka (prefect) - remove the stick from your butt and you'd probably be cool
12. Leon (baseball) - wow way to turn out to be a fratboy douche
13. Toko (writer) - please take a shower I'm begging you it's been days
14. Togami (rear end in a top hat) - gently caress you rich kid
15. Hifumi (nerd) - goons are the loving worst

Also I played a little into chapter 2 and they gave Hina a pool :unsmith:

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

No gaming this weekend??

DJMax Respect is on sale and it's my favorite rhythm game of the past few years. Can be played entirely keyboard

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

I'm absolutely glad I played through this game in its entirety.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I'm absolutely glad I played through this game in its entirety.

Best final boss I think I’ve ever seen.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
SECRETS REVEALED!

It turns out this school closed down ages ago and this whole thing is a giant scam! :aaa:

(Haha gently caress you Naegi even your so-called luck is bullshit)

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Nvm i'm dumb

lonelylikezoidberg fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 31, 2020

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Season 2 of the Mandalorian started today. It's more of the same, a dude that likes murder, and his baby yoda, go on a murder spree across the galaxy. It's a really good show.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rarity posted:

Doggone Romper

For the anecdote the first game had a demo which involved a bogus first trial, just so that the demo would reveal no early twist of the actual game (although of course it's never made evident within the demo that the trial isn't the one that's in the game).

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The dark souls item randomizer is indeed pretty fun and goofy, I got a huge dumb dragon greatsword in the first area and have been running with it since, nakedly of course, my body is too frail to equip anything else at the same time. It one-shot the black knight in the Burg and the black knight in the tower behind the dragon

Finding merchants is really fun, you’ll come across some great deals and rare finds

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/fromsoftware_pr/status/1322361159945658368?s=20

FromSoft just going "Yeah, we know, it's still happening though"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"George is almost finished with the first page of the story!"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Are there people who are really excited about George RR Martin doing fuckin backstory lore lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Only thing I'm excited for is dunking on some nerds tomorrow

And whenever the gangtag reward is approved

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Fans of Obra Dinn should try out Rivals, https://store.steampowered.com/app/1412660/Rivals/

It's a similar sort of brain teaser. Use interviews, posters, recorded music tracks, etc to piece together what happened to a late 90's rock band.

Only about a half hour in but it scratches the same itch for deduction based on a wide range of environmental clues. Probably a 2-3 hour game total?

May 8, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Are there people who are really excited about George RR Martin doing fuckin backstory lore lol

the same people still sure that patrick rothfuss will 1)ever release another book, and 2) will be or ever was any good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also the phrase "our next Dark Fantasy Action RPG" just has this air of sad resignation to it. "This is what we do now."

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I beat Steamworld Dig 2 today. It was pretty good! A lot more going on than Dig 1, which scratched an itch for me so this game scratched that itch even harder. Though I think every Metroidvania/exploratory platformer needs some way to manually annotate your map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

C-Euro posted:

I beat Steamworld Dig 2 today. It was pretty good! A lot more going on than Dig 1, which scratched an itch for me so this game scratched that itch even harder. Though I think every Metroidvania/exploratory platformer needs some way to manually annotate your map.

I keep meaning to try out the Dig games even though I dislike Metroidvanias. I loved Quest and just double-dipped on Heist on my 3DS as I think the second screen will be more useful.

I really enjoy what Image & Form has put out and I hope their new game shows up soon.