Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I just realized that my avatar is both seasonally appropriate and conversationally appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
DFO witch is also good

https://i.imgur.com/MiEHnVO.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/nVcFwAn.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/4jadmDz.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/NYbhSSr.mp4

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
just learned that james randi died :[

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

FirstAidKite posted:

DFO witch is also good

God, I still love DFO, what a stylish game.

Though Battlemage was always my mage of choice.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hmm sounds like a good deal

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hanzo steelseries

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

homeless snail posted:

hanzo steelseries

lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh hey it's Shelob right

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rinkles posted:

just learned that james randi died :[

When I was an edgy atheist back in college we went to a "critical thinking" convention where Bill Nye was the featured speaker. He ignored the poo poo out of me and my friends, but James Randi sat at our table and showed us magic tricks. He was really cool. :unsmith:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Is ARK... good? Is it jank? I see it's on gamepass and like 130GB, and I tried a bit and felt it was not really worth the single player investment. Like a Minecraft with dinosaurs? I'm more of a Factorio kind of person, is there something here that maybe I would dig if I kept at it?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone think there will be Mass Effect news next Saturday?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
rear end Effect

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Rarity posted:

rear end Effect

That's mostly Miranda, to be fair.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Waltzing Along posted:

Hope not.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Foodchat, I know, but I still have about two cups of the chicken broth I made yesterday and it is so rich that it has become a blob of gelatin in the fridge. I don't know if I want to make ramen again so soon so maybe I should consider another recipe to use it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Meanwhile in Dang Gran Rope Na

Mondo and Taka, two bros just bro'ing out being bros. Taking saunas together like bros, getting all hot and sweaty in a mega bro way

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Hey buds, did I ever post in here to tell you when I beat 13 Sentinels two weekends ago and Hades a little before that? Because I did beat those games, and I want you (my buds) to know that. They were very good; in fact, I would go so far as to recommend them. Okay.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Waltzing Along posted:

EA man: "We've heard your desire for more Mass Effect and are proud to announce that Mass Effect Andromeda is coming to PS5 and Xbox series X!"

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Can you believe they were going to make two more Andromedas

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Erfsom posted:

EA man: "We've heard your desire for more Mass Effect and are proud to announce that Mass Effect Andromeda is coming to PS5 and Xbox series X!"

The most cursed of posts.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What was bad about andromeda again?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh my god and Toko's into being told she stinks. What the gently caress is wrong with everyone in this game? :gonk:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

You池e going to get a cascade of reasons very shortly but aside from being buggy at release it痴 mostly just an okay game that isn稚 as good as the trilogy that came before it.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

wuggles posted:

Hey buds, did I ever post in here to tell you when I beat 13 Sentinels two weekends ago and Hades a little before that? Because I did beat those games, and I want you (my buds) to know that. They were very good; in fact, I would go so far as to recommend them. Okay.

I'll also recommend Hades, although I haven't beaten it (not even once).

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Anyway what are ya値l doing for Halloween? I知 going to play video games all day and not much else.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Can you believe they were going to make two more Andromedas

In the sense that some coked up executive announced they were doing a trilogy and got their quarterly bonus, yes.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Alright I was going to post this anyway before I saw that if I did this and "post about completing a game," I'd get a line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx_HlkWDEoA

Thinking about Death Stranding in the context of COVID really made me want to go back and finish it. (I got to the Mads chapter and then got distracted.) I really like the way this video frames Eva and DS as being "hopeful while accepting nihilism" (which has been my poo poo for years) and am very surprised that the person who made it was on GameStop TV while I worked there

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

man nurse posted:

Anyway what are ya値l doing for Halloween? I知 going to play video games all day and not much else.

I'm gonna put on a funny hat and eat an entire bag of Sour Air Heads Gummies

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

:siren: Bingo Is Almost Over! :siren:

Accordingly, I will start handing out gangtags now. Quote this post with a picture of your bingo sheet and I will tag you up! If you don't quote me.

For completing one line:

For completing the entire square, your choice of:

Current forums policy is a max of three gangtags, so be sure to let me know what to do if this would put you over. You have the option to use [marquee] tags to have multiple tags on the same row, though there's still a character limit in the bbcode for custome titles.

I'll probably rerun bingo around January or so.

And...ta-da! That's a bingo. Didn't think I'd get one.

https://bingobaker.com/#aeabeed1d1aca872

e: while you're loving around with my tags can I get my Knack one changed to the Bugsnax one?

man nurse posted:

Gf spent all month making a costume like the May Queen from Midsommar (a hundred dollars worth of small flowers later...) so I bought a bear hoodie and splattered some fake blood on it. Then we're gonna order pizza and I'm probably going to play some Dusk.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hina asked me to be her boyfriend. I died.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKLmZNnMT0A

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Foodchat, I know, but I still have about two cups of the chicken broth I made yesterday and it is so rich that it has become a blob of gelatin in the fridge. I don't know if I want to make ramen again so soon so maybe I should consider another recipe to use it

Just freeze it. It'll be fine for the next batch.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

man nurse posted:

I'm currently taking my wife out to dinner for a belated birthday present. The kid is with her grandmother so it's going to be a quiet night. Maybe I'll finish the first disc of The Legend of Dragoon tonight.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
more good witches

fun fact as a kid i always thought the link's awakening witch was a dog, with her hair being the floppy ears

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Man I'd totally forgotten about Riviera

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Based on my vague recollection of several years-old news reports - same thing as Dragon Age Inquisition, they tried to make an rpg on the Frostbyte engine that is in no way suited for rpgs, combined with the same thing as Anthem, they tried to spend 4 years in preproduction wildly changing the course of the game over and over before they tossed out a buggy unfinished mess.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

xedo posted:

Based on my vague recollection of several years-old news reports - same thing as Dragon Age Inquisition, they tried to make an rpg on the Frostbyte engine that is in no way suited for rpgs, combined with the same thing as Anthem, they tried to spend 4 years in preproduction wildly changing the course of the game over and over before they tossed out a buggy unfinished mess.

Also (in both MEA and DAI) they focused on spreading the game across big world maps full of collectables and the most generic open world content imaginable when both series' are known for tight, densely packed quest hubs (other than the Mako bits).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I seem to remember earlier development was made on another engine, but the devteam was forced to port the thing to frostbyte at the last minute, which led to some of the more hilarious bugs during release. There's some pretty wacky footage on youtube on how the game functioned early on.

All in all, it seemed to be a standard case of EA making GBS threads on a project that wasn't projected to pull FIFA microtransaction levels of profit.

I've heard the tech side is mostly fixed now, but the game is still uninspired compared to the original trilogy.