Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

"sir permission to leave the station"

"for what purpose master chief"

"to give mario back his bob omb"

smash direct gave me chills. this is the kind of thing you would see as an april fools in 2002. incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Splatoon’s character design reminds me a lot of those blinged out looney tunes t-shirts. Arbitrary, manufactured, dissonant. That is what I find ugly

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

oddium posted:

"sir permission to leave the station"

"for what purpose master chief"

"to give mario back his bob omb"

smash direct gave me chills. this is the kind of thing you would see as an april fools in 2002. incredible

I don't know what Direct you were watching, cause the one I watched had Captain N in it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Splatoon’s character design reminds me a lot of those blinged out looney tunes t-shirts. Arbitrary, manufactured, dissonant. That is what I find ugly
hm turn on your monitor methinks....

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Splatoon is the only Nintendo game with a consistent style and design which is imo why it looks really good

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Man, as jaded as I am I'm still giddy as hell about what the next smash character will be.

Please let it be a Contra/Gunstar/Metal Slug guy

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
It will be Steve, from Minecraft.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's Luso "Pizza Cutter" Clemens from FFTA2GotR

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Star Wars Squadrons reviews are starting to show up, and it's good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Eagerly awaiting Mike Jones dipping some paper into water and the paper turns out to be a Smash Bros invite.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

haveblue posted:

It's def on my ~eventual~ pickup list, once it gets a discount, purely for the VR.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

VideoGames posted:

The icon for this thread is perfect FYI.

Also user Nut in BYOB animed my avatar and it whips:

I love Nut.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

im voting 5 out of appreciation for my posting pals making this a fun place to post. but i would also like to log a strenuous objection to the lack of bowsette in the poll

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Weedle posted:

im voting 5 out of appreciation for my posting pals making this a fun place to post. but i would also like to log a strenuous objection to the lack of bowsette in the poll

If you wish hard enough...

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
A bit of the old crossposting.

Hey thread my mouse is hovering over a purchase button for a driving wheel that I will most likely not get even close to using enough to justify getting it. My country is rear end and this is suspiciously cheap, so I can just sell it for roughly the same price a year from now.

I will now hear your arguments for/against buying it. :v:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

Hey thread my mouse is hovering over a purchase button for a driving wheel that I will most likely not get even close to using enough to justify getting it. My country is rear end and this is suspiciously cheap, so I can just sell it for roughly the same price a year from now.

For: sim racing owns it's the best it's so much fun

Against: you have to play iracing and it feels like a giant scam sometimes even if it's fairly good value

For: If you buy a good wheel then you can probably use it for years and years and years

Against: It will cause me big jealousy

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

haveblue posted:

drat, I thought this was still a few weeks away.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

For: sim racing owns it's the best it's so much fun

Against: you have to play iracing and it feels like a giant scam sometimes even if it's fairly good value

For: If you buy a good wheel then you can probably use it for years and years and years

Against: It will cause me big jealousy

I will only use it for Dirt Rally 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2. :colbert:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Edmond Dantes posted:

if you have any interest at all in driving sims a good wheel is a must-have. i have a logitech driving force gt which is pretty basic (plastic construction, sequential shifter, no clutch pedal) but it's still an absolute blast to bomb down a hill in dirt rally or take a nice leisurely drive across cascadia in american truck simulator. sim stuff has gotten very hard to come by at a reasonable price since the pandemic started so if you have an opportunity to get one for cheap you should absolutely take it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I'm in a Star Wars D6 tabletop game and my character's name is Snoot Halcyon and he's a human gambler, scammer and con-artist, but also a gigantic failson of some space rich guy. He had a slight foray into fashion, where he tried to make space clothes with silly patterns on them that failed. He was double-crossed by his con partner, a Twi'lek, on the eve of The Big Score and spent months in the Kessel Spice Mines until he (and the rest of the party -- a Gand, a Dug, a Wookie and a Jawa) were "rescued" by some rebels who were actually just there to free some other political prisoners. Snoot just kind of exists to get punched in the face and talk poo poo to people. He's the best and should be in Star Wars Squadrons.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Weedle posted:

if you have any interest at all in driving sims a good wheel is a must-have. i have a logitech driving force gt which is pretty basic (plastic construction, sequential shifter, no clutch pedal) but it's still an absolute blast to bomb down a hill in dirt rally or take a nice leisurely drive across cascadia in american truck simulator. sim stuff has gotten very hard to come by at a reasonable price since the pandemic started so if you have an opportunity to get one for cheap you should absolutely take it

I have a DFGT too except half the buttons don't work right so it's pretty much only functional as a wheel and pedals and I need to have my keyboard handy. If the US gets COVIDBUCKS2.0 I'm probably buying a new wheel.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Edmond Dantes posted:

I will only use it for Dirt Rally 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2. :colbert:

if you're not planning on using it for Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast then consider donating it to a less fortunate individual who will make appropriate use of it

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Jay Rust posted:

Its a game full of the middle thing

My friends and I had a long conversation about Animorphs recently and I learned two things: Apparently there are people out there that have read that whole series and hot drat is that series weird.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

My friends and I had a long conversation about Animorphs recently and I learned two things: Apparently there are people out there that have read that whole series and hot drat is that series weird.

I have all the books somewhere.

If you ever get a chance watch the Awful Games Block of AGDQ2020. The Animorphs game is baddddddd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnZ9VWDPx5Y

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

T -30 to the direct. I'm ready for disappointment!!!

Infinitum posted:

I have all the books somewhere.

If you ever get a chance watch the Awful Games Block of AGDQ2020. The Animorphs game is baddddddd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnZ9VWDPx5Y

That game is insane. Like I guess a Pokemon clone is a decent idea for a animorphs game because how the gently caress do you do that series justice, but they cocked it up

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

The forum rename is 2spooky4me :(

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Why are we suddenly DOTA?

Help Im Alive posted:

i see people saying they hate how Splatoon looks and I truly do not understand

A lot of people find the designs to be pretty ugly and weird, and just doesn't fit in with the gameplay. And like Jay said, incredibly obviously manufactured.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

it owns and i think scholastic did her dirty by publishing it in a million tiny volumes like it's loving goosebumps or some poo poo. it's legitimately great ya sci-fi where the overall message is "war will destroy you, no matter how noble the cause." by the end of the series most of the kids are dead

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Games Chat Thread! My cousins! You never take me bowling, why?

I've been really sick this week so with nothing else to do I jammed on my 360 and played a bit of GTA4. It's very grey and bland and the driving is super weird and it doesn't seem like there's much to do but I took a lady to play darts and I think we're gonna bone later so that's nice. Anyway because I've been gone a while here is my ranking of the GTA series.

Vice City
The Ballad of Gay Tony
San Andreas
The Lost and the Damned
GTA V
GTA IV
GTA III
Vice City Stories
Liberty City Stories
GTA I
London
GTA II
Chinatown Wars
GTA Online

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The hosts of Splatoon 2 were so visually offputting they contributed to me not playing anymore just to avoid seeing them. That and the only mode I liked being time limited

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This had better not start anybody else doing series rankings :argh:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Araxxor posted:

Why are we suddenly DOTA?

A lot of people find the designs to be pretty ugly and weird, and just doesn't fit in with the gameplay. And like Jay said, incredibly obviously manufactured.

"Manufactured" as opposed to...?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

The forum rename is 2spooky4me :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghHC3JzdWK0

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

This had better not start anybody else doing series rankings :argh:

:mods: this outsider is causing a ruckus

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Checkmate :smug:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wait barudak what the gently caress did you do :negative:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Weedle posted:

it owns and i think scholastic did her dirty by publishing it in a million tiny volumes like it's loving goosebumps or some poo poo. it's legitimately great ya sci-fi where the overall message is "war will destroy you, no matter how noble the cause." by the end of the series most of the kids are dead

K A Applegate posted:

Dear Animorphs Readers:

Quite a number of people seem to be annoyed by the final chapter in the Animorphs story. There are a lot of complaints that I let Rachel die. That I let Visser Three/One live. That Cassie and Jake broke up. That Tobias seems to have been reduced to unexpressed grief. That there was no grand, final fight-to-end-all-fights. That there was no happy celebration. And everyone is mad about the cliffhanger ending.

So I thought I'd respond.

Animorphs was always a war story. Wars don't end happily. Not ever. Often relationships that were central during war, dissolve during peace. Some people who were brave and fearless in war are unable to handle peace, feel disconnected and confused. Other times people in war make the move to peace very easily. Always people die in wars. And always people are left shattered by the loss of loved ones.

That's what happens, so that's what I wrote. Jake and Cassie were in love during the war, and end up going their seperate ways afterward. Jake, who was so brave and capable during the war is adrift during the peace. Marco and Ax, on the other hand, move easily past the war and even manage to use their experience to good effect. Rachel dies, and Tobias will never get over it. That doesn't by any means cover everything that happens in a war, but it's a start.

Here's what doesn't happen in war: there are no wondrous, climactic battles that leave the good guys standing tall and the bad guys lying in the dirt. Life isn't a World Wrestling Federation Smackdown. Even the people who win a war, who survive and come out the other side with the conviction that they have done something brave and necessary, don't do a lot of celebrating. There's very little chanting of 'we're number one' among people who've personally experienced war.

I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To think about the right and wrong, not just the who-beat-who. And to tell you the truth I'm a little shocked that so many readers seemed to believe I'd wrap it all up with a lot of high-fiving and backslapping. Wars very often end, sad to say, just as ours did: with a nearly seamless transition to another war.

So, you don't like the way our little fictional war came out? You don't like Rachel dead and Tobias shattered and Jake guilt-ridden? You don't like that one war simply led to another? Fine. Pretty soon you'll all be of voting age, and of draft age. So when someone proposes a war, remember that even the most necessary wars, even the rare wars where the lines of good and evil are clear and clean, end with a lot of people dead, a lot of people crippled, and a lot of orphans, widows and grieving parents.

If you're mad at me because that's what you have to take away from Animorphs, too bad. I couldn't have written it any other way and remained true to the respect I have always felt for Animorphs readers.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Games Chat Thread! My cousins! You never take me bowling, why?

I've been really sick this week so with nothing else to do I jammed on my 360 and played a bit of GTA4. It's very grey and bland and the driving is super weird and it doesn't seem like there's much to do but I took a lady to play darts and I think we're gonna bone later so that's nice. Anyway because I've been gone a while here is my ranking of the GTA series.

Vice City
The Ballad of Gay Tony
San Andreas
The Lost and the Damned
GTA V
GTA IV
GTA III
Vice City Stories
Liberty City Stories
GTA I
London
GTA II
Chinatown Wars
GTA Online

:aaaaa:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rarity posted:

What I do best, ruining bingo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Checkmate :smug:

Rarity posted:

this is the most justified double posts and all justified double posts should strive to be this good