Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/FallGuysGame/status/1316309987770224640

Oh no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Chonky...yeetus...big chungus xD

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Is the separate top and bottom a new thing? Are we about to get a bunch of grisly combinations of fall guy avatars? They look like matryoshka dolls.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Read the "oh no" in Knuckles voice

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

My favorite video game artificial barrier is Pokemon Sun/Moon where they have adults standing next to literal road blocks placed in the road and they don't even bother to give an in-world reason, the person just says "Hey, you can't go this way yet, come back once you've finished doing what the game just told you to do!"

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

ymgve posted:

0. Relatively small planets so the only thing stopping you from going anywhere is the vastness of space (Hi, Outer Wilds!)

I'm also a big fan of:

-actual full giant planet (even though the gameplay may only be taking place on a smaller subset of it) so the only thing stopping you is gravity
-infinite world
-oh god the world is flat and has an edge, I can see space. Bonus points for village built on the edge, second world on the other side, the world is carried by a giant turtle
-a built wall around the world/the world is inside a container, the sky is painted on

Extra bonus points if the standard path never leads you to the world borders and you have to actively go look to find out the true nature of the world, extra extra points if it seems like one type but is another (like, say, you find a seemingly impassable wall but should you find how to go through it anyway you'll find another walled world on the other side, and so on)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How is the new World of Warcraft update now that is out?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

My favorite video game artificial barrier is Pokemon Sun/Moon where they have adults standing next to literal road blocks placed in the road and they don't even bother to give an in-world reason, the person just says "Hey, you can't go this way yet, come back once you've finished doing what the game just told you to do!"

a game being linear is not a failure of design.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

The absolute best invisible roadblock is still the line of ants from Mother 3. You wouldn't want to accidentally step on an ant, would you?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Stux posted:

a game being linear is not a failure of design.
i think they were just saying it was funny not good/bad

obviously if i could make every game linear i would. it would probably cut game budgets down and maybe keep some studios from going belly up

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The 7th Guest posted:

i think they were just saying it was funny not good/bad

obviously if i could make every game linear i would. it would probably cut game budgets down and maybe keep some studios from going belly up

It feels like a lot of people would like to make their games linear but they're still held down by the baggage of the PS2 and 360 eras where GTA was the hot poo poo and "linear" became a dirty word.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the only open games that should exist are 'one city block' games

i just think it's more fun to explore within constraints than YOU CAN GO ANYWHERE

this theoretically means i should love Yakuza games except every game is the same exact block over and over. also you can't jump onto rooftops and find a jiggy or a shine or whatever. maybe yakuza should consider adding stars and more jumping???

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
For me the only time I really get bugged about linearity is when it feels like you're just running down a series of hallways.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The 7th Guest posted:

Nah, there's room for both.

That said, Elder Scrolls should DEFINITELY do this, because cities full of twenty people are pretty stale.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

i just think it's more fun to explore within constraints than YOU CAN GO ANYWHERE

this theoretically means i should love Yakuza games except every game is the same exact block over and over. also you can't jump onto rooftops and find a jiggy or a shine or whatever. maybe yakuza should consider adding stars and more jumping???

There are hidden shinies to collect in each one.

Yakuza 7 is also a new section of town.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

open worlds can be good they just have to be justified and also they have to not be the cookie cutter version of open world content

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

I said come in! posted:

You can finally be a black person, so there that.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

mango sentinel posted:

You can finally be a black person, so there that.

can you be asian

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Whoa, that's really only just now? I'd have thought it'd have been in their first character creation overhaul there from the beginning.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Oh hey that Partisans 1941 game is out.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Of course! the panda race is coded as Chinese, and the dark elf race uses vaguely Japanese architecture

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
After many years after buying and mostly ignoring it I’m finally bothering to play Pokemon Y, and drat it’s fun being able to play this on a modded system with overclocking. The battles run so smooth now!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m 90% sure you were always able to make black humans in WoW, it’s just curly hair that didn’t exist

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dewgy posted:

After many years after buying and mostly ignoring it I’m finally bothering to play Pokemon Y, and drat it’s fun being able to play this on a modded system with overclocking. The battles run so smooth now!

Please enjoy the villain of this game, the source of some excellent comedy

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

if anyone gets amazing cultivation sim pls be aware that despite all the settings for immortal mode being like "200%" this is the normal real mode where u can get chevies etc

the default normal mode is comically easy time to play "for real"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Thinking bout them cheevos

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

can you be asian

I am like 99% sure there are Asian specific skin tons and faces now.

Humans have a super diverse range of options now. They've also expanded skin tones out to a bunch of other races as well.

They knocked it out if the park with all the new customisation options.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I said come in! posted:

you'll have to ask picket-line crossers about that

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Get up on the hydra's back

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

can you be asian

Probably gotta wait another 16 years for that

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Khanstant posted:

you'll have to ask picket-line crossers about that

Is there some sort of ongoing labor action with Blizzard?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

https://twitter.com/TaliesinEvitel/status/1316140939006672897

I mean, plus, you were supposed to already be abstaining from Blizz after that China poo poo. Gamers got no commitment unless it's a f2p hellscape they've tricked themselves into falling for.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I assume they mean over the Hong Kong stuff but the labor stuff is bad too. Workers aren't asking for a boycott afaik but they've been publishing wages and attempting to organize internally as of a few months ago.

Edit: oh I guess there's an actual strike now

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khanstant posted:

https://twitter.com/TaliesinEvitel/status/1316140939006672897

I mean, plus, you were supposed to already be abstaining from Blizz after that China poo poo. Gamers got no commitment unless it's a f2p hellscape they've tricked themselves into falling for.

Well Final Fantasy XIV got an even better update yesterday.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

It is prepatch day, this hurts but I have never broken a picket line and I never will.

So I will not be playing or streaming WoW tomorrow

I know what they're saying but it doesn't make this sound less ridiculous.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

gently caress Blizzard, delete Battle.net, get money.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mango sentinel posted:

I assume they mean over the Hong Kong stuff but the labor stuff is bad too. Workers aren't asking for a boycott afaik but they've been publishing wages and attempting to organize internally as of a few months ago.

Edit: oh I guess there's an actual strike now

Just in France because they are actually a worker friendly country, but it would be nice if the entirety of Blizzard offices in the U.S. walked off the job.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

stev posted:

gently caress Blizzard, delete Battle.net, get money.

how do I get money for deleting battle.net

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I know what they're saying but it doesn't make this sound less ridiculous.

It's an odd gesture, but when your livelihood is based around the devil you make some weird symbolic sacrifices I guess? WoW is a strong drug, if not for this news last night I would've fallen prey to the pre-patch email they sent me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Unions are so, so good