Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Blinx is getting a remaster isn't it

Microsoft let the trademark die, though the copyright is still active, and since the original developer Artoon went out of business before they fully resolved ownership issues, they're not entirely comfortable revisiting it without going the extra lengths to fully clear the rights, which they don't see much point in doing because it's Blinx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There was one of those second-tier mascots getting a remaster that surprised everyone, if it's not Blinx...?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Blinx can't show up in any other games because he requires a hard-drive to function. Like how his moves in his own games were literally using save-states to solve puzzles, that's how he'd work in Smash.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Honestly it's time for Bubsy to step out of the shadows

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
King Parsley
https://i.imgur.com/RKeCJK1.mp4

Stinkweed
https://i.imgur.com/JtEhcgr.mp4

The 7th Guest posted:

ya sly 2 & 3 are sweet

i came in late to that series and was like, woah. good???

1 is cute but a little too easy unless you go for 100% including the speedrun stuff, but it's a solid and short game.

Sly 2 is amazing and wonderful and the worst part of it is that you can't do a mission select thing. There's a code for accessing levels again but they stay finished so you can't just redo any mission you want. The way the story was told and how it all pieced together by the end as well as how you got to really know the villains over the course of its many episodes was just overall a great time.

Sly 3's pros imo are that it does let you replay missions and that you get to know your own gang a little better, but unfortunately the individual episodes and their villains are largely forgettable until like the second to last episode where everything feels like it is starting to come together but then the game ends and it just feels pretty bleh, definitely my least favorite of the series. The villains being so underwhelming and having no connection to one another really didn't help.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
getting a real 'conker's bad fur day' energy from these vegetables

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

getting a real 'conker's bad fur day' energy from these vegetables

At no point does this game become a platformer.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh maybe I was thinking of MediEvil

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The 7th Guest posted:

ya sly 2 & 3 are sweet

i came in late to that series and was like, woah. good???

Sly 2 loving RULES that game is so good. Three is great too but it's kind of just the same game as 2. I thought Sly 1 was fine but then this one totally blew me away

For reference, the first game is like, a platformer with some barely-noticable stealth elements, the whole thieving thing is mostly just a set dressing. Sly2/3 have small self-contained open-world elements where you go around and do missions to try and set up for each stages big Oceans 11 heist

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Sly 2 loving RULES that game is so good. Three is great too but it's kind of just the same game as 2. I thought Sly 1 was fine but then this one totally blew me away

For reference, the first game is like, a platformer with some barely-noticable stealth elements, the whole thieving thing is mostly just a set dressing. Sly2/3 have small self-contained open-world elements where you go around and do missions to try and set up for each stages big Oceans 11 heist

I just played Sly 3. While enjoyable, the turtle's voice was really annoying.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Awesome Animals posted:

Alright, I need to see the stack ranks of cart racers from everyone.

S-Tier : Diddy Kong Racing

That's it. that's the list.

1) Slicks'n'Slide
2) Whichever one it was where you could press a button to have a wiggly-arsed flying demon disturb the other player, Skynny Kart or Wacky Wheels

e: Or, as we called it, Skunny Skart

e: That's not at all what parsley looks like :psyduck:

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Oct 20, 2020

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

e: That's not at all what parsley looks like :psyduck:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Well there's like 40 000 plants that look like that if you literally tie the stalks together :rolleyes:

T: regards Persilja Äiä

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Well there's like 40 000 plants that look like that if you literally tie the stalks together :rolleyes:

What was Elvis's coat doing short of tying the king of rock together?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

What was Elvis's coat doing short of tying the king of rock together?

Listen I'm not an elvologist, I don't know about Elvis's coat. I just know parlsey. Also, what does this all have to do with Crazy Cavan?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Dude should've really laid off the fool's gold loaves

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Hey Games chat thread. How's things?

Last night I decided to mess around following this tutorial to make a roguelike in python and I think I'll keep playing with it. Might as well not just do programming as my day job and create something silly/fun.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

roguelikes are fun to program because theyre among the few genres where programming constructs themselves are first order game mechanics. talking about "procs" on items is literally evaluating things based on what function pointers are in the structs for each item, with zero abstraction between player and programmer

intrinsically a hacker genre

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

homeless snail posted:

roguelikes are fun to program because theyre among the few genres where programming constructs themselves are first order game mechanics. talking about "procs" on items is literally evaluating things based on what function pointers are in the structs for each item, with zero abstraction between player and programmer

intrinsically a hacker genre

Hack was one of the first computer video games I legitimately beat. Good memories. (I've never beaten Nethack :negative:)

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

There's a band I really like called Elvis Depressedly and it's very hard to convince people that it's actual music and not just a meme

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

There's a band I really like called Elvis Depressedly and it's very hard to convince people that it's actual music and not just a meme

I'm listening to Depressedelica on the You Tube and it seems very "oh, I guess it's music :shrug:"

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I've had a chance to play like 8 hours of Phasmophobia with friends (it's jank and fun) but one thing that I find kind of fun is when I get to act as the 'truck guy' and monitor camera, watch the meters, give directions, etc. I was thinking that, as far as I can recall, there really aren't any co-op games that let one player be the 'command' player and act as support for everyone in that way. It's too bad, I think it's neat!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Good catte :3:

She woke up when I tried to take a photo of her sleeping on my Pro Controller :3:

Glitch, best catte :3:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That catte has fine taste in LCGs.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

she's beautiful. I love her colouring.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just found out several of the Magnetic Scrolls games are available to buy on-line :eyepop: I have Jinxter for the Amiga but the diskette has long since died and I've never beaten the game.

https://strandgames.itch.io/jinxter

e: Not a bad price, either.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jay Rust posted:

Crash bandicoot on ps1 can be beaten without ever pressing the A button

It can also be beaten without ever pressing the B, X, or Y buttons

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

fridge corn posted:

It can also be beaten without ever pressing the B, X, or Y buttons

You definitely have to press the X button at least once.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I just found out several of the Magnetic Scrolls games are available to buy on-line :eyepop: I have Jinxter for the Amiga but the diskette has long since died and I've never beaten the game.

https://strandgames.itch.io/jinxter

e: Not a bad price, either.
That's actually awesome, The Pawn on the Atari ST was the first game I ever really remember playing

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Volte posted:

That's actually awesome, The Pawn on the Atari ST was the first game I ever really remember playing

I don't really like what they've done with the "remastered" graphics but then you don't look at the pictures for most of the time while playing them. Text adventure games are my weak point since I really like to play them but they take me ages because I'm dumb as poo poo.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I don't really like what they've done with the "remastered" graphics but then you don't look at the pictures for most of the time while playing them. Text adventure games are my weak point since I really like to play them but they take me ages because I'm dumb as poo poo.
I turned off Pixel Scaling and Colour Adjustments (not sure what that does) in the settings and I think the graphics look the same as the originals

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Volte posted:

I turned off Pixel Scaling and Colour Adjustments (not sure what that does) in the settings and I think the graphics look the same as the originals

Ah, well.

I told you I'm dumb as poo poo.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

uh oh i'm downloading fate/grand order! nooo!! nooooooooo!!!!!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So me and my friend are doing a Halloween jackbox night over discord, and we're all gonna have some form of costume for it. I didn't go all out, just got thing to wear on my head (It's a Bowsette crown, with horns, on a plastic headband thing. It was a 3D printed thing I got off Etsy and it's shockingly well made). The issue is, I have big bulky headphones. I'm considering buying a seperate mic and a pair of earbuds instead but are there any headphone suggestions you guys might have that I can wear instead that have a good mic that won't go over the top of my head where the headband will be?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I want to buy the first game in the spyro trilogy remake on its own. Don't care about the rest

yeah. i played the trilogy a couple months ago and loved the first one. second one was kind of awful and the third one was okay, but it's criminal that the final friend wasn't the bunny wizard who just had a change of heart but instead some hyperactive space monkey with a laser gun that just felt like a clumsy draft of ratchet and clank than anything to do with spyro

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

How do I find goons to play Rocket League with on PC?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I am the crash defender and crash 1-3 are still very good

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

blue squares posted:

How do I find goons to play Rocket League with on PC?

I think, unfortunately, you may be out of luck. The RL thread seems very inactive. You could at least give posting in that thread a shot and see if anyone responds.

It's here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941545

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sid Meier wrote a memoir, I'll read it and let you all know if it's good or if it says I played Civ wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I think, unfortunately, you may be out of luck. The RL thread seems very inactive. You could at least give posting in that thread a shot and see if anyone responds.

It's here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941545

thanks