Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the 900 korok seeds are good because it means you don't have to get them all to get the upgrades associated and spend time hunting and pecking for a needle in a haystack

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bob's Game

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I noticed my base model PS4's fan, and then I cleaned it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Some diehards really seem convinced that once you beat the new Astrobot that's pre-loaded onto every PS5 that backwards compatibility will automatically unlock for all the previous systems on your console which seems really...it seems like a long reach.

Like there's cool Easter Eggs, and then there's hiding entire functions for a machine behind an unlock. Functions that would otherwise be a selling point on the back of the console box.

why would it be locked behind that and not just available

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

have we seen actual gameplay of Bugsnax yet? it feels like a bait and switch

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I watched this and I'm still not sure it isn't a Frog Fractions-style thing. the game and character design are so simple as to be a game made up by Law and Order or CSI

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Awesome Animals posted:

I'm at the battle in Dorter City, and it may as well be the final battle. Like, I'm blocked real early on. I'm going to do it though!

that flight's hard. give your two NPC buddies bows so they aren't completely useless, charging up the one tower after a guy they can't get for turns and turns. nuke that guy with black magic

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Their last game was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJKtJG7bDME

Octodad is a good game, btw

oh, I know, I remember when that first came out a decade ago. is Bugsnax the only they've come out with since rereleasing Octodad?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think I'm basically in a holding pattern until I get a PS5 or Cyberpunk comes out, whichever comes first

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Outer Worlds is still installed on my PC after I quit the subscription and uninstalled the launcher months and months ago. I don't know how to get rid of it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Cracktro music is cool

SMACK MY BITCH UP

Stux posted:

linux live cd not a joke

what, how. if you actually know how to get rid of it, please let me know. it takes up a lot of space

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Stux posted:

windows file permissions dont mean anything to linux u can just go delete whatever

oh my god. alright I'll figure out how to do that on my iMac running boot camp

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

no more vtuber stuff. society has progressed past the need for more vtuber stuff

grieving for Gandalf fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 12, 2020

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think I was delivered a package that was meant for an esports dude who got MeToo'd

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

What's in it

it's from Poshmark, pretty sure his wife ordered a piece of clothing and the person she ordered it from sent it to the wrong side of the country

the city I live in has four quadrants so there's at least one other home here that has exactly my address but in another part of the city, so I figured I'd just try to figure out whose it is and tell them I have it instead of giving it back to the post office to lose but instead I have gone on a journey where I found his medium post where he apologized for unwanted sexual advances. cool mystery

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Looper posted:

grats on your free shirt

thank you

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the follow-up to my story yesterday about getting a package from Poshmark that was apparently meant for a disgraced esports guy is that the account deleted the thing I'd commented on asking if they were looking for a package last night and then commented on my account this morning with "You can have it. It's not mine."

which is very wild because the label has that account name on it

the happy ending is that I opened it and it's a $200 dress in my girlfriend's size so it's hers now

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Find his gf and let her know he's cheating

that's my thought too but when I found his Instagram, he just got married like four days ago

what's weirder is that the reason I know it's him is because the profile pic on the Poshmark account is a cropped photo of the wife which was easily reverse image searched for, but the name associated is like a joke on the esports guy's name that relates it to Borat

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

haveblue posted:

It turns you into a gamer, next thing you know your girlfriend will be staying up until 3AM screaming gamer words at the TV

this guy's wife might be having some gamer words with him now if it turns out I tipped her off to him buying another woman a gift

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I didn't even try Pyre because I didn't understand what it was. every time I looked at a stream for it they were just talking to someone that looked like a dude from Monster Rancher but a knight, with no actual gameplay

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

.........would I want Imperial Japan to have that power

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

13 Mentinels and it's just for the fellas

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Hey let’s list every console we’ve ever owned, I have a theory I need proving

Me:
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
PlayStation 2
GameCube
Switch

Super Nintendo
Game Boy Pocket
PlayStation
Game Boy Color
PlayStation 2
Nintendo GameCube
Game Boy Advance
Nintendo DS
Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo Wii U
Playstation 4
Nintendo Switch Lite

grieving for Gandalf fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 16, 2020

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I somehow forgot that I'd owned a GameCube, Wii, and Wii U and had to edit them in

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

What's the theory?

I bet it's about what generations of what brand people skip

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

gameboy switch

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I wish PS5 would access the things I own on PS3 so I could play Front Mission 3 on my TV

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Awesome Animals posted:

You already reheated, but I’d suggest oven with foil over the top so the sauce doesn’t burn.

My FFT play continues, and Ramza is now a ninja :ninja:

give him barehanded, the monk ability, and turn him into a punch ninja

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

when people were giving you tips, did anyone tell you about what Bravery and Faith actually do? it's worth looking up

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

In just under two hours, the first Games Ring of Honor match will begin. I will be racing Man with Hat in Ocarina of Time Randomizer. We will be streaming our perspectives at:

twitch.tv/cheetah7071
twitch.tv/mickrov

if you wanna watch

someone should host a side-by-side with commentary

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Awesome Animals posted:

I've been using a gamefaq, so I have some idea. Brave increases physical attack damage while faith improves magic. I think high faith is also more susceptible to magic as well?

super late but yeah, so a low Faith guy just straight up does not care about getting blasted with magic. doesn't believe in the stuff

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Khanstant posted:

you voting for the good guys or the bad guys this year?

I voted for the good guys down-ballot but unfortunately there weren't any of consequence for the office of the President

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

every new piece of news i hear about cyberpunk seems to be some horseshit celeb gimmick with vanishingly little about how it actually plays

that's wild that the advertising has been to engage people who aren't already part of the "hardcore" who will buy it no matter what based on CDPR's credentials

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Dark Souls lore mainly washes over me

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

that doesn't seem reasonable for Miyazaki to do because he really only made two Dark Souls games (1 and 3), and 2 was while he was working on Bloodborne, right? he could have been making Bloodbornes and Sekiros the whole time and I would have been plenty happy.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I never played any of the From games DLCs what was so bad about DS3

I can only speak for myself, but I could play through the Darks Souls the whole way through once and any attempt to replay DS3 since then I get bored partway through. Bloodborne and Sekiro, I can play forever. I don't know what factor is missing

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

that spoiler dump about DS3's story makes me realize I'm just roleplaying a guy in the game that has no idea what's going on. just wandering around and fighting whoever wants a scrap

if you'd asked me if the Pontiff was plot critical, I'd have said, "no, probably not"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm normally the kind of guy who loves that kind of poo poo. I love Bloodborne's lore and I feel like I have a great handle on it

I might watch some lore videos actually if VaatiVidya's stuff has gotten more substantial. I tried those years ago and I remember striking me as like 60% fancruft he thought sounded neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

or go "wow. for some reason a lot of dudes are cold in this game" and hit them with the biggest stick your guy can carry