Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i see people saying they hate how Splatoon looks and I truly do not understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Same but legitimately the opposite for me

What is it you like about the designs?

Cool tentacle hairstyles
Raccoon eyes
Cute fangs
Fresh outfits
Seamless squid-to-kid transformation

What's not to like

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Steve is a good addition to Smash.......for me to KO with Link :twisted:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

When he lost all his health, the usual death animation didn't happen. Mario just got mauled by the piano. He fell as his blood and guts spilled on the floor, and the camera panned to a top down view of his corpse. A distorted version of the merry-go-round music from Big Boo's Haunt played as the screen slowly transitioned from the in-game shot to a photo-realistic sketch of Mario's dead body in the same view as the shot. It was very unsettling. I was crying softly as I gazed upon the image. I lost another life.

It's 2020 these are real now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x61X5RLFw14

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What about the Bowser levels, those are some of my favs

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Also there was some talk about Mario's movement in the last thread but I'm now playing Galaxy after getting 120 shines and I think Sunshine Mario feels better

His movement in Sunshine is so snappy/I love the spin jump (it covers so much vertical and horizontal distance and you get an instant triple jump if you jump as you land!!) and playing Galaxy I miss the dive from Sunshine/64. FLUDD owns - you get neat stuff like bodysliding on a stream of water to cross flat areas quickly and the hover nozzle gives kids some leeway if they're bad at platforming but lets better players combine it with the spin jump/flip jump/wall jumps for little shortcuts all over the place (it's cool that you can do stuff like reach the pianta village pipe without the rocket nozzle)

i guess it's not that Galaxy feels worse - just slower or weightier or something and missing a couple moves I liked (but with some fun new stuff like the long jump returning/ice skating/tossing star bits/all the gravity gimmicks - the spin slows Mario's momentum in a way I never really found satisfying though)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think a long jump would've helped the FLUDD-less Mario sections feel a lot more natural but dive - jump or spin jump cover just as much distance!!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

No matter what you do, skellies always look like they’re having a great time

what about this one, huh

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I have heard of an extremely realistic space sim called "Star Citizen"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought Godfall was a destiny type thing but i know very little about destiny so maybe not

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

I think making a F2P CoD MP competitor would be really hard. You've got to go up against a long-standing, popular, well-funded franchise and make a better game. It can't actually be for-real better, because ADS-addled snipelords don't want to play Quake or Unreal, so it has to be a better version of the same thing. But it also has to give them reason to switch off the thing they already like, and I'm not actually sure 'free' would be enough of a draw for the yearly COD buying crowd.

What if it had anime babes

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

These videos make it clear that next gen controllers need a lot more dials and levers

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Where are you supposed to start if you want to try to learn to make a very simple game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think it might be a joke

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

speaking of BotW being good the new Hyrule Warriors has young purah and impa

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I would be genuinely surprised if they didn't. In Dota2 a few years ago there was an SEA player who did a Chinese Racism and the loving mayor of the city where an upcoming tournament was happening called Valve to tell them to ban this guy from the tournament otherwise they were going to shut down the tournament. The party micromanages EVERYTHING

Did Valve do it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The first area is fine once you get the hang of the two new enemies tbh. I actually wish there were a few more level variations for the first area

The only things I'm really not a fan of are poison/curse/the instant kill bear trap things (they've only caught me out a few times but it's kind of annoying especially in a dark level)

The game is amazing though, it's pretty much all I've been playing. I've beaten it a few times but I've been trying to reach the secret areas

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

stev posted:

This is like 300+ hours worth of game. :v:

I think my Persona 5 file alone was like 110-120 hours

I sometimes see Royal on sale and feel like I should go for it but it's so long

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I just want the new consoles to be quiet

it's been so bad with the PS3/4

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

With my old PS4 it probably was just age/not cleaning it enough but I got a pro not that long ago and it sounds like it's going to explode with certain games (like Dreams which I was trying the demo of last night)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

it's shameful to have not played the entire Yakuza series by now imho

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

MK's roster is definitely for someone but it is not me

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has there been any videos of like the UI or anything for the PS5

I'm interested in seeing the new store because the current PS4 one is p bad

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That one pointy e is loving people up

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Heather is good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do we know how much it cost

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The fight is more fun on master mode with the regenerating health (that doesn't change anything with the final phase on the horse though)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why comic sans

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Waiting for the hololive vtubers to get into among us before I learn what it actually is

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

does holostars count

Yes but the only one I know is roberu so no

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Whenever I have a deeply positive encounter with an Internet rando and they friend me, I accept, wait a few days, wait for them to be offline, and unfriend them

I just leave it pending forever

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I got burned out in the snowy mountain area after doing I guess the exact same thing everyone else does where you create an elaborate network of zip lines

idk how far that is

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

big pekora and okayu fan here

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Speaking of sick crossovers

:chloe:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sometimes I almost buy a kindle because I should read more but then I don't because idk if reading books on a screen would feel weird + who needs books when I can immerse myself in the incredible world of video games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Codeacious posted:

I want all collectors editions to come with actual useful tools instead of overpriced shaped plastic lumps.

Give me videogame themed cookware!

Is this useful

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Chonky...yeetus...big chungus xD

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's Rockstar making now anyways

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

blizzard leaving gamers out in the cold...how appropriate........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i'm no jony ives but when you set up the PS5 a small knife should unfold from the disk drive and force you to choose "friends" or "games" and base the UI around that