Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would like a third game but I guess DICE has to make Battlefield 6 or w/e instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The trash encounters I don't mind yet, except for the fight with like 15 guys because dodges can't be used to get out of enemy combos so if one guy hits you everyone gets a free hit. The really weird decision is the boss, where he's got the character action dodge thing where he slow-motion zips around you, but...this game is way too clunky for poo poo like that, where everything is so imprecise and slow. Like, why isn't that what the player character does, instead of getting a really underwhelming dodge or the equally-boring defensive option of "guard and wait for enemy to be done attacking so you can take your turn." Even then I've waited for him to be done and he still manages to hit me in between the time it takes to stop blocking and start hitting

do you have the charismatic photo equipped or something

I love the combat in the Yakuza games and I wish I could see videos of people playing it so I could confirm they are doing it wrong

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kiryu would fit really well in Smash probably so hopefully Kirbyu becomes a reality some day

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I always found it kind of funny there's a "Just for you" section on the PS store I guess supposedly based on your purchases but even though I've bought probably a couple hundred games all it ever suggests is call of duty and FIFA

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess I would buy a PS5 if they were in stock anywhere though I don't really know what games I would get

Maybe Demons Souls and the Sackboy 3D World thing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Only psychos don’t start a new game on Normal.

What are you going to do now

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why isn't DarkSephiroth playing FFXIV

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It would need to be like Daark Sephirothh probably though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

big fan of whatever this is

https://twitter.com/Axk_000/status/1317043594608353281

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why is a video game knife worth $950

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Spelunky??

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What is the verdict on the new Crash Bandicoot

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

oh no

https://twitter.com/Hideki_Naganuma/status/1318263511642820608

https://twitter.com/Hideki_Naganuma/status/1318280363030896641

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

Heather in the silent Hill remastered collection sounds like a 38 year old woman

The voice acting is so loving bad lol

I've heard that collection in general is just very bad

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's finally Mixer's time to shine

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I scammed people in MMOs a few times but immediately felt extremely guilty every time and gave them their stuff back 5 seconds later

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Oh I was like 13 so I was a little dipshit with no moral compass.

So was I so I'm definitely judging you rn

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Octopath has good music and a cool battle system but the middle of the game kind of drags (i know because that's where I stopped lmao) I think I heard it picks up again after that though

The mechanic in battles where you pump up your attacks and they say something cool feels very good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's October and I still haven't played a horror game :stonklol:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

I'm level 206 on the playstation if anyone's wondering :)

511 :c00l:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

What was an early video game meme, other than All Your Base :thunk:

Strange people getting extremely mad at Navi

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My nephews + nieces have gotten extremely into nintendo and they keep accidentally deleting my switch save files and almost spending money on the eshop

rip my mario odyssey file with all the moons

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I didn't even know the Switch had cloud saves - perhaps there is hope

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Why does it matter that you lost your 100% save, if you ever replay the game won’t you start from the beginning anyway?

geeze check out Mr Nier Automata over here

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

The DMCA shouldn't be a thing.

What about when it's the acronym for like Devil May Cry Avengeance

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The ending of the third game is incredible but I'm googling it and did not know people were mad about it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's been out of stock everywhere in the UK since the preorders went up idk how you're supposed to get one

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I never played any of the From games DLCs what was so bad about DS3

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Flapjack Monty posted:

Hi, rat man here, ready to greet another contestant who thinks they'll be the one to successfully assault Takeshi's Castle

Winning Fall Guys is pretty easy so I could defeat Takeshi probably

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

very satisfying in 30% of Crash 4 levels missing out on the gem because of a single crate

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm having a good time with it, it feels just like the originals and I'm sure most people don't really care about getting the gems/relics

but yeah idk what the were thinking with some of the crate placements. I feel like I'm being pretty thorough but there's a lot of tricky ones hidden off camera or you'll sometimes get missable ones where you need to die and try again if you miss them. You reach the end of the level missing 1 out of 300 crates (the levels are long!) and it's like, well good job you got me I guess

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If I remember right the FF2 guys got a lot of screentime in the Dissidia games for some reason

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

drat it's true

https://twitter.com/VGAdvisor/status/1320495440672903168

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Can you carry the chest out of the water first idk I haven't played it but it sounds like a cool game I'll probably buy if it comes to console ever

it looks like that weird java falling sand game from like 20 years ago

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There were a couple of fun fire fighting games on SNES that I played a lot but forget the names of. In one of the ones I'm thinking of it would show you a map of the building/the type of fire etc before you went in and you'd have to choose which equipment to bring with you - it was cool. The other one was more anime and played better

it seems like an underused video game setting but maybe people burning alive bums people out

idk if you do anything like that in Firewatch I think I heard it's a walking sim type of deal

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I started listening to all the beatles albums on spotify at the same time Nuclear Throne came out on consoles so the two are forever linked in my mind

St Vincent and Max Payne 3/Perfume and Super Meat Boy/Sleepy Dogs PS4 and Roisin Murphy/Monster Hunter 4 and Tegan and Sara/Spelunky 1 + every podcast/Slay the Spire and kpop are some more links that exist

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Would it look better if the white parts were just straight instead of the weird V thing they're doing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why don't they make a show from something good like Yakuza

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wonder how much has changed in 8 years

I haven't played it but it'd be interesting to see what the breakdown was in that greek assassin's creed, Kassandra seemed popular

Real hurthling! posted:

I beat ghostrunner. I think it comes out for real tomorrow. Its crazy good.

Its a die, instant reload, try again type game so you have to like overcoming hard poo poo by trial and error for the perfect run like a meatboy or n+ kind of vibe but its fully 3d, has a well done cyberpunk theme with some good thumping electronic music, and the gameplay is combat/traversal puzzles with titanfall style wallrunning/grappling and like bullet time dodge boosts so you can close the gap and katana your enemies or use a super power on them or whatever.

Its like a dark mirrors edge if it was about killing and more puzzley i guess.

It constantly introduces new challenges and enemies until you are like wtf ill never beat this but then you do and the game adds even more new concepts.

Makes you feel like hot poo poo when you are really in da zone.

I very much enjoyed it.

I bought this today and it is p sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i am usually disappointed by the short hair options for female characters in character creators