Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Well I'm in the Artifact 2.0 beta. :agesilaus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

haveblue posted:

Star Wars Squadrons reviews are starting to show up, and it's good

drat, I thought this was still a few weeks away.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Nah I'm good thanks Nintendo.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Awesome Animals posted:

I think there was a second dude when Minecraft started taking off that was also blindsided by the Microsoft acquisition like the rest of the Mojang staff (sans Notch). But Minecraft wasn't a thing until after Zach Barth open sourced Infiniminer.

When are we going to get a Social Network-esque retelling of this tale?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I played Sniper badly.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Awesome Animals posted:

They're talking about Dota, not TF2

2fort is the moba of shoot games

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Awesome Animals posted:

Best Part of Star Wars:

Cigarettes are known as deathsticks
Dice are known as chance cubes

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Paper

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I don't know if anyone even plays Smash two years after release. I sure as gently caress don't but for some reason I devour all of the news that surfaces about it like it matters to me.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Minecraft is just cubes. The rest is marketing.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Grapplejack posted:

British people and British colonies should be banned from food talk

I've seen British sandwiches, the whole island is hosed up.

Bread > Sausages > Bread

What's hosed up about that?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Valve make TF3.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Sega owning Total War and Company of Heroes. Also Football Manager

I feel like there hasn't been a good Company of Heroes game in a very, very long time? Or has one come out recently?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'd be happy for From to make nothing but varients on the Souls genre from now on, they're loving good at it. Only one minor low point in six games (DS2) and even that was pretty great.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It's amazing we've basically still heard nothing about the GRRM game. Classic GRRM.

Afaik he's mostly just consulting. So development has probably come to a standstill multiple times waiting for him to reply to emails.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Gacha is one of those words that'll just put me off any game regardless of what it is.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

It's not even impressive looking though. Red Dead Redemption 2 still blows everything else out of the water for console games right now. Cyberpunk 2077 will probably be considered the benchmark for PS5/Series X next month.

I really don't see what's so impressive about RDR2's graphics, especially on consoles.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

FFX and XII would've been just fine on the GC. Hell XIII and XV might have ended up better if Square had some hardware constraints.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://www.inklestudios.com/ink/

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Saint Freak posted:

A remake of The Producers but it's Star Citizen instead of Springtime For Hitler

As long as the song is still in it I'm down for that.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Does the specific version of D&D really matter in a narrative driven RPG game that will be almost exclusively played single player?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

VideoGames posted:

I played a little bit of spelunky 2 before crashing out in bed again (work is v. stress! thanks work!!!) and somehow I got to area 2 on the daily run but still am unable to get to area 2 on a regular run.

Are the regular runs more difficult? I breezed through Area 1 and think I would have done well in 2 (from how I was playing) but did not know what to expect and got knocked into some lava.

Also congrats to more lovely Games mods :)

I don't know if it's actually easier but with the original Spelunky I always thought there was a psychological aspect to it. Knowing it's the only shot I had at the day's run just made me more careful and take things at a slower pace - even though it doesn't actually matter for anything other than bragging rights.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Relax Or DIE posted:

I'm really enjoying spelunky 2 but the first area could tone it down a bit. Far from being unmanageable but it often feels so loving busy. Once you make it to the second area and beyond it actually feels better imo

I think the combination of moles and the lizard things can gently caress up a run incredibly easily. I wish being hit by the lizards felt less punishing - a lot of the time they just juggle you around until you're dead, especially if there's more than one of them.

(I know the answer is don't get hit by them, but nothing else in the first area of either game feels so harsh).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If I can beat Sekiro's final boss, finish the FFXIV MSQ and make a start on Cyberpunk I'll consider it a successful year.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

VideoGames posted:

Death stranding
TLOU
TLOU2
FFVIIremake
Last guardian
Persona 5
Witcher 3
Are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I have started and enjoyed all of these (except TLOU2 which was a gift and I have not begun)

Thanks brain for making me pick up and drop games constantly.

This is like 300+ hours worth of game. :v:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

RBA Starblade posted:

I haven't noticed my PS4's fan at all in years

Turn it on, it's loud.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Help Im Alive posted:

it's shameful to have not played the entire Yakuza series by now imho

It's shameful to start porting the series to PC and stop at YK2.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Awesome Animals posted:

Apparently I'm the only one who likes Yakuza combat

I like it when it's easy and you can enjoy the special move animations and mow down goons. When you have to dodge and block every hit or fight a bulletsponge it gets old really fast. Also any enemy with guns.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Don't put electronics in small enclosed shelves.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The funny thing about the PS4 is it's only loud if you're running a physical disk - I played through 13 Sentinels digitally and my console didn't make any noise at all, but the Horizon Zero Dawn disk spins fast enough to pick the PS4 a few feet in the air

Mine got loud from running Prime Video.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Hwurmp posted:

how he gonna breathe deeper, he a skull

he already undone

Thought this was the USPOL thread for a second.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Help Im Alive posted:

Has there been any videos of like the UI or anything for the PS5

I'm interested in seeing the new store because the current PS4 one is p bad

I was wondering this too. I remember Sony doing an hour long deep dive into all the menus and features of the PS4 ages before it launched. It might seem unimportant but you're going to be looking at it a lot (and hopefully listening to some nice haunting tunes).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Barudak posted:

Brutal Legend isn't bad but its not great. Definitely needed a polish pass

I wish it did well enough to warrant a sequel. I think if they'd had another crack at it it could've been something special.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Maybe he should start Something Worse.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I think I'm going to restart Hades. I mostly played it in early access and blew through all of the dialogue (not all of which was actually in the game) so it feels like I've missed out on a lot of the experience.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Two games in a row now I've refunded on Steam. Squadrons just wasn't what I was looking for, and Mike Bithell's Solitaire was a real disappointment after his last few short stories. A bad idea, poorly executed with beautiful production values.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah having to deal with MS' launcher isn't worth the value of the games themselves (there's some good stuff, but most are things people will have gotten in sales already, or MS Studios games which no one wants).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

Sometimes PC gaming makes the argument for you why just getting a next-gen console, along with a Nintendo Switch, is the better option.

Consoles have most of the same issues though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

LawfulWaffle posted:

I kind of regret starting FFXIV on the PS4 a few years ago because my account isn’t eligible for the free version. I’d have to spend like $100 to get the game and expansions and subscription if I wanted to move to PC, and my character was just barely starting the Heavensward storyline

It's £40/$60 for the complete edition which frequently goes on sale and IIRC includes a month of game time.

Or if you didn't care about playing on PS4 (or your time) you could just start over with a fresh account for free.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What I really want from Hades (and hope gets added in DLC) is an alternate zone or two. The fact there's only three "real" areas means they start to feel repetitive after 10 or so runs.

If they added some sort of choice of pathways to mix things up from run to run I'd feel more inclined to jump out of that window. Dead Cells was really good at that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It's 6 hours stux will be fine.

That's 800 stux posts we'll never see.