Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm working my way through my RPG backlog and The Legend of Dragoon is more engaging than I remember. The story is pretty good so far, even with the hanky translation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The music is great. The graphics are pretty drat good too. The sprite work sucks but that's true for most PS1 games and I always preferred 16 bit sprite work over early 3D anyway.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FirstAidKite posted:

Kelsey Grammer is an action star?

He was in X-Men 20 years ago.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't remember Beast doing all that much though, but I also don't remember much of the x-men films except how bad 3 is

I think all he did was appear on a newscast, but since X-Men is an action movie that makes Kelsey Grammar an action star. 20 years ago.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Only good thing at Arby's is a plain roast beef.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

homeless snail posted:

where the curly fries at

In the trash. Curly fries suck.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Paul is the only good Beatles.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Still slowly plugging along at The Legend of Dragoon because drat is the combat slow but I unironically love this game. First we're attacked by a dragon, then we take revenge for our destroyed hometown and rescue our childhood crush from prison, next we defend a fortress from a giant and kill a firebird for being in our way and now we're powerful enough to kill that dragon and steal it's powers. It's making the opening of FF8 feel slow in comparison.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Wasn't the opening of FF8...actually fairly slow?

Probably. I'm going off a 20 year old memory and the LP on the archive.

I just can't remember the last FF I played that had a fast-paced opening, and many people compare this game to that series.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I stayed up way too late last night seeing if I can get a PS2 emulator working on my Surface Pro 4. I can, and now I can play Dynasty Tactics in bed. 😀

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rinkles posted:

Neat. I'm guessing the Ratchet games are too demanding?

No clue since I never played those games.

Technically I haven't played Dynasty Tactics yet, but it loaded with no issues and there was no stuttering during the opening FMV so I'm hopeful.

I forgot how good that game looks. I'd play it on native hardware if I trusted eBay sellers with 20 year old discs.

Also the Surface is a beast. I've had no issues emulating anything but the PS2 is the most demanding I've tried.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 28, 2020

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

PS2 emulation is working great on a Surface Pro 4. Dynasty Tactics and Way of the Samurai both load quickly and seem to run well in the brief tests I gave them. I didn't notice any lag or frameskips and both looked beautiful in fullscreen. Playing these on a tablet is the closest I'll ever get to the ideal handheld experience.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've only been posting for like 5 days. I don't think I've said enough stupid poo poo to fill a line.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So how does one make a bingo card? I want to be a cool kid too.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hey thanks!

I feel like I could just call The Legend of Dragoon anime and bingo, but I feel like that would go against the spirit of the game. Then again, every game I like is anime because every JRPG is anime by default. Even that one you think is cool.

Oh, and by now I've made like 3 effort posts about LoD which is both a little known game and a bad game, so I guess I lied and bingo.

https://bingobaker.com/#0b424fc77c118714

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The Legend of Dragoon is one of my favorite games now that I've played it. It's still bad with the 15 QTEs per combat and the jank translation. I would pay an exorbitant amount for a remake with a better translation and a revamped battle system. It doesn't even have to be open world.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kerrzhe posted:

i hope that everyone is having a good day and week, this week has been very tough on me with various things and now i am falling behind at work but i cannot manifest the motivation to actually do the things to get caught up

i'm going to lay down in my bed for a while

I hope you get some rest and have a better evening.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

CubeTheory posted:

I am now convinced you're an assassin sent to kill me via posting

I'm sorry we disagree?

Like, I could even see keeping the Addition system but instead of being a series of epileptic inducing squares maybe make it some kind of timed combo system or something.

It's a pipe dream anyway since it will probably never be remade and I doubt it would come out on a system I would own.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Oh I know. I am playing it because it's on my backlog and now I can play it on a PSP.

It's still good and fun. You should maybe play it again.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Don't hate on the bingo tag.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

jankiness is part of the charm, imo

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm trying to find an avatar of Dart from The Legend of Dragoon that will work on the forums but I keep coming up empty.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It needs to be pointed out that Nazi Sonic was fanart.

gently caress Nazis.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

yeah it's fake news, here's the real deal

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rinkles posted:

even ignoring the swastika, that mario-violence spread is pretty hosed up.

The animosity was real. Kind of like Crash 5 years later.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm thinking of getting a Vita, mostly to have a better handheld emulator than the PSP, but what are some good turn-based S/RPGs and Visual Novels for it? Not sure if a $100+ used system is worth it otherwise.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I just bought one yesterday I'll let you know how it goes. I know Flower Rhythm REMIX has been messing around with one lately too.
Let me know.

Looper posted:

yggdra union, riviera the promised land, final fantasy x and x-2 hd, tactics ogre, final fantasy tactics, jeanne d'arc, trails in the sky, trails of cold steel, persona 3 and 4 i suppose, i haven't played them but i think the atelier dusk games are well regarded?, a whole bunch of ps1 games

i realize most of those are psp games but idk what you've already played. most of the vita rpgs i'm aware of are action rather than turn-based (or are on the skeevier side)
The PSP games on my PSP are Persona 3 and Valkyria Chronicles 3 translated. It mostly exists as a SNES and GBA emulator, but a Vita gives me a better SNES emulator. I'm also thinking of modding my 3DS which will give me a better SNES emulator as well as letting me play some 3/DS games I otherwise can't but I'm wary of modding it without a backup. The Trails of games interest me, are they Vita only? I already have the Final Fantasies on the Switch.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I really need to stop looking at more emulators since my backlog is already pretty long.

The Legend of Dragoon
3 Fire Emblems
3 Final Fantasies
2 Valkyria Chronicles
Bravely Second
Radiant Historia
DQXI

And that's not counting the emulated only games. I love RPGs but I only get an hour or two every evening if I even play that day.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hwurmp posted:

They're on PC too.

If I don't play handheld I don't play. Though I could put them on my Surface but that's only used if I have no other option.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Need more bingo.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

C-Euro posted:

I beat Steamworld Dig 2 today. It was pretty good! A lot more going on than Dig 1, which scratched an itch for me so this game scratched that itch even harder. Though I think every Metroidvania/exploratory platformer needs some way to manually annotate your map.

I keep meaning to try out the Dig games even though I dislike Metroidvanias. I loved Quest and just double-dipped on Heist on my 3DS as I think the second screen will be more useful.

I really enjoy what Image & Form has put out and I hope their new game shows up soon.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rarity posted:

I just checked and they put an Arms character in Smash, is that franchise even real?

They put a Minecraft in too.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Foodchat, I know, but I still have about two cups of the chicken broth I made yesterday and it is so rich that it has become a blob of gelatin in the fridge. I don't know if I want to make ramen again so soon so maybe I should consider another recipe to use it

Just freeze it. It'll be fine for the next batch.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

man nurse posted:

Anyway what are ya’ll doing for Halloween? I’m going to play video games all day and not much else.

I'm currently taking my wife out to dinner for a belated birthday present. The kid is with her grandmother so it's going to be a quiet night. Maybe I'll finish the first disc of The Legend of Dragoon tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I got married today, happy halloween!

Congrats!