Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

haveblue posted:

No bowsette option, no vote

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

No bowsette, voted 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

homeless snail posted:

bowsette is dead. get over it.

What is dead may never die

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Very spooky do not look

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I don't mean to make you all extremely jealous, but I just got into the Shadowlands beta.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

P.S/Edit: Did you get your crokinole board yet? Got mine. It looks great, playing my first game shortly.

I have a board game day on Sunday.... Tracker has not updated yet... so I'm hoping it hits the depot late tonight.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

AceOfFlames posted:

It already has feet though? :confused:

(He wants to see Kirby's Bowsette shaped feet [Cause that's his fetish])

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

they're inviting people to a beta for an expansion that comes out in like 3 weeks?

Real talk: They usually do this towards the end of beta/lead in to the new expansion, basically gets the hype train happening via word of mouth.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

the ugliest game

:mods:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

oddium posted:

"sir permission to leave the station"

"for what purpose master chief"

"to give mario back his bob omb"

smash direct gave me chills. this is the kind of thing you would see as an april fools in 2002. incredible

I don't know what Direct you were watching, cause the one I watched had Captain N in it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

haveblue posted:

Star Wars Squadrons reviews are starting to show up, and it's good

It's def on my ~eventual~ pickup list, once it gets a discount, purely for the VR.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

My friends and I had a long conversation about Animorphs recently and I learned two things: Apparently there are people out there that have read that whole series and hot drat is that series weird.

I have all the books somewhere.

If you ever get a chance watch the Awful Games Block of AGDQ2020. The Animorphs game is baddddddd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnZ9VWDPx5Y

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

The forum rename is 2spooky4me :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghHC3JzdWK0

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: KAZUMA KIRYU SMASHES THEM ALL! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaDhtEcX1TM

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It's always kind of funny when Sakurai has no affinity for the thing but still has to spend 30 minutes talking about it.

Everybody likes Minecraft.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I don't, altho I think the announcement's fine.

It's OK, I know you secretly play it and enjoy it.
Minecraft is very zen and chill

Waffleman_ posted:

The only reason a lot of people hate Minecraft so much is because it's popular with children, thanks.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gonna main Steve as the Dan comedy character of Smash and annoy the gently caress out of people.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Well to make up for Steve, there's a new Gorillaz song feaaturing Elton John premiering in like an hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ68kQLS250

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Harrow posted:

Why is this the dota forum, is there like a thing going on

Dota sinko into destruction

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JordanKai posted:

Who cares about DotA when the new Crash Bandicoot is coming out tomorrow! :stoked:

The trailer got me back into a Chemical Brothers groove, and it's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCp_3zw-CxA

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxquGvJN3bQ

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

hmmmmm Crokinole

Will take better pictures once I've had a chance to wax it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It is incredibly fun. I know I walk out the SUSD video on Crokinole whenever someone asks, but they do a super good job of explaining it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMKzeg78peg

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Crosspostin' from the boardgame thread

Infinitum posted:

My Crokinole board arrived today, which is faaaaaantastic as I'm hosting a board game day tomorrow and the lads don't know it's arrived.

I'll take some better action shots tomorrow, but I figured I'd post some before and after waxing photos.

Here's how the board arrived fresh out of the box. It felt like there was a very very thin layer of wax on it already, if at all, but after a few test flicks I wasn't happy with it. The lack of wax is best seen in the gutter, but there was a weird finish all over the Rosewood veneer. Having to wax the board myself was fine as I was expecting that I would need to do it before play anyway.

I applied a layer of Mother's California Gold Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax, and allowed it to dry for a few hours while I did some other things.

Final result post-buffing.

Played a couple of rounds with Mum who seemed to really like it, this shot gives a better idea of how well it came up after buffing.

Overall I'm excited to finally have my board arrive. It's obviously an entry level board from Kickstarter, but I knew what I was getting and this 100% meets expectations.
It arrived undamaged, other than some very very very minor scuffing, and is rock solid.

Very pleased with it

I'll probably post some more thoughts after taking it for a more thorough spin tomorrow. I may apply another layer of wax to reaaaaally get it slippery, but I'll see how it plays first.
Now I just need to find somewhere to loving hang it...

So yeah I'll post some more thoughts tomorrow, otherwise very happy with it for the moment.

Mode 7 posted:

I should have gone with the rosewood over maple, that looks gorgeous.

Yeah I was going back and forth if I wanted the maple finish, but I feel this is more 'unique' and looks a lot better in person than what the photos showed.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

hundreds of dollars... what fraction of a new console did this cost

It cost $200AUD, including shipping, which was how much I paid as a deposit on my PS5.
This is a regularly run Kickstater, and this was the first time they offered international shipping.

Relax Or DIE posted:

this is the loving fairy bread of board games

What have you got against fairy bread? :toughguy:

Acerbatus posted:

I haven't thought about that since my great aunt died. I half thought it was something she just made up.

Crokinole has been around since 1867! It's meant to be quite popular in Canada from what I've heard.
It's also the 5th best Family Game, and the 67th Best Game Overall on BGG

tl;dr Try Crokinole if you can, cause then you'll want to buy a board yourself :hmmyes:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It’s sprinkles on toast mate.

If you're toasting fairy bread, you're doing it wrong.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dunno what you're thinking of mate, but this is fairy bread. And if you're a kid, this is pure gold.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's 100s & 1000s on buttered bread.
It's an institution.

Anything else is an abomination. :colbert:

Fuckin toast? Give yourself an uppercut.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Go eat some freakin’ vegemite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcBNpbZjmPw

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Please October be kind, I can't pickup Star Wars Squadrons and play it for infinite hours in VR :negative:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

weird side projects like pachinko

(Konami's Pokermachine/Gaming Division earnt nearly half a billion last financial year)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like I get the Mario Game and Watch. It's the original size just with modern upgrades under the hood.

I have adult sized hands, how the gently caress is the Micro going to be comfortable to play after long stretches.
It's a gimmick, and I probably would have bought one if it was like 25-50% larger.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

When the mood is tense, I say "Manholes are usually on public roads"

Same energy for the first column
https://i.imgur.com/1b1bXUU.mp4
(Right click -> Sound)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I think it might be a joke

Maybe, but there's enough crazy people in the world that it might be real

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My lawyer says I don't need to answer these questions.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anomalous Blowout posted:

:zaurg: :zaurg: :zaurg:

What up gamers, are so many threads and it's on so many platforms so I'm just gonna zip in here to say we're dropping two new maps into Mini Metro on the 26th.

Wait your the dev?

Thank you for making one of the handful of games I keep installed on my phone that I can zen out to.

Good iob

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

oh look it's mr sprinkles on toast raw white bread to bring joy to this thread again

Sprinkles bring joy to everyone :colbert:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Apparently you're a mod now, so sass levels shall be increasing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

What's everyone got on their rest-of-the-year list?

Finish Yakuza Kiwami before trade-in

Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Yakuza 7
Star Wars Squadrons if the PSVR adapter for the PS5 is available
Cyberpunk (if reviews are decent)
Hades