Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I disagree but Noblesse was pretty mediocre to begin with. It's mostly an action manhua with pretty Bleach-like action.

On the other hand it's pretty funny when Rai is trying to pretend to be a normal human high school student and there's more of that early on so it might be better than I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Talentless Nana has a very strong start and everyone should give it a shot.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I fell off the sleep princess manga fairly quickly but I really liked the first episode.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Splode posted:

Assault Lily - clearly derivative trash, but I haven't watched the stuff it's deriving, so I enjoyed it. (Should I just watch symphogear instead? I am open to recommendations)
Symphogear is incredibly good, especially the first two seasons.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I forgot there was already an one episode OVA of Noblesse's first arc years ago and got extremely confused when the series started the second arc with little attempt to remind you about what happened in the first one.

Also for some reason it's now set in Japan? I can't remember if the OVA already did that and they just want to be consistent or if it's new.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Akudama Drive is ridiculous and dumb as hell and I love it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I also found the slime mom manga pretty boring unfortunately.

i'll give it a shot though, you never know with adaptations, especially comedy ones.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I had absolutely no expectations of Gymnastics Samurai but it turned out surprisingly good. For one thing, it's a single dad anime so that's a few points right there. For another, he adopts a foreigner who claims to be a ninja and is being pursued by MIBs and has crazy gymnastics skills much the way one would a stray cat.

It seems like it's the story of a washed-up gymnast dad making one last olympics run with the help of a couple of weirdos because he wants to look cool for his extremely cute daughter and I'm down for that.

Also it shares a lot of its creative team with Zombie Land Saga, including the main writer.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's incredibly cute and I'm enjoying the heck outta it

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's like Dangan Ronpa but instead of being trapped in a murder mystery they're trapped in a cyberpunk heist.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm enjoying Iwakakeru too, it's a pretty solid sports anime.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Holy poo poo that's a lot of good sequel seasons

Winter Season 2021: GET OUT OF HERE, ANIME

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
As it is I'd still say Elaina is one of the best shows of the season mostly by merit of being so pretty. Without the writing and pacing problems it would probably be an AOTY contender.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, Akudama Drive had a great ending.

So did Adachi And Shimamura. Good season. :toot:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

With the season wrapping up what are some good shows people suggest?
I will say that after the silly DARE first episode Ikebukuro West Gate Park was pretty good. It did a lot better with all of the other issues it brings up than it did with drugs.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Nana is an (ongoing?) manga adaptation so that was inevitable.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I liked the first two Love Live series but for some reason Nijigasaki just bored me to tears and even halfway through the show I could barely recognize any of the characters. Perhaps I've just had enough Love Live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Pretty sure they took a lot of her motions and poses straight from the manga, good move.