Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Haikyuu and Golden Kamuy are the big standouts to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sounds like I should try and make some time for Talentless Nana.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Man, Adachi To Shimamura really is Disaster Gay: The Anime.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

drat, that latest battle in Akudama Drive might be one of the best animated fight scenes this year.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hmm, latest Elaina sure was... something.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Malsangoroth posted:

Re: Elaina -- Why didn't the Lavender Witch just resolve to go back in time even further next attempt and steal the girl away as a baby before her Dad abused her and drove her insane? You even have the tools and know-how to do it! Sure, it'd take another decade of pooling your own blood but what's that when it comes to saving your best friend's life? Or you could, I dunno, just lose your temper because the story you thought was true was slightly wrong so you erase your own memories and kill your best friend out of spite. There was a sociopath this episode, and it wasn't Elaina. Oh well. At least this episode wasn't obnoxiously trite like episode 7 or episode 6. It's also morbidly funny reading reddit comments on the episode and seeing people pop up who are enthusiastically into the whole "never help people, it's a ton of work for nothing!" message this show seems intent on hammering home.

I thought she had died of her wounds when they got back or something. It was all very unclear.

I feel like the best way to describe this episode is "gratuitously grimdark". I wonder how the original LN handled it all.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpZpPaEmLI8

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Shuumatsu no Valkyrie anime!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGiAcQL-yKw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Okay, Akudama pretty much had the perfect ending. Another good original series to recommend next time anyone asks.