Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
 
  • Post
  • Reply
Luvcow




you're whole life has been spent inside a laboratory. your tiny cage, your mouse friends in their own tiny cages around you. every day is another experiment, another trip outside your cage to run a maze, complete a task, feel the touch of human hands. the kind woman has been your friend, the cruel man has not. one day to the next, trying to make it back to your bed to reach sleep where you can finally dream once again. the dreams of the outside, a world beyond you. until today.

the kind woman took you, and many of your friends, and placed you within her lab coat. she walked, the blaring sirens echoed through the pocket that she placed you in until you smelled the air, fresh and clean. she placed you in the grass alone and terrified. she whispered into your ear as you she let you down, "the world is yours now, don't let him find you, arkham is no more my child... the world is yours."

in the distance an enormous explosion deafens and stuns you. you come to and see a massive plume of smoke and fire in the distance. the heat of the sun warms your fur as you take in your surroundings. behind you fire bellows from the ruins of a large complex of ominous buildings, to your left lies an expanse of field and then water, ahead of you lies a forest and to your right lies what seem to be mountains. all of it seems familiar, from your dreams while you slept in your tiny cage. your heart is torn between the elation of freedom and the terror of being dropped into the outside world.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVD1HRV8NqA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut



go back behind you

https://i.imgur.com/nKtUXWf.mp4


god bless the dca, manu, loov, blaiser, and chooby

Manifisto





head towards the forest!

I can't tell you how excited I am for a luvcow cyoa

City of Glompton



Manifisto posted:

head towards the forest!

I can't tell you how excited I am for a luvcow cyoa




thank you vanisher and sk for the sigs!

Macnult



OH H*CK ITS ONE OF THESE THREADS


sig by prof. crocodile

Macnult



Manifisto posted:

head towards the forest!

I can't tell you how excited I am for a luvcow cyoa


sig by prof. crocodile

Evil Bob

"He is BOB, eager for fun. He wears a smile, everybody run!"



I vote forest if you are looking for suggestions. FIeld and water SOUNDS great for a mouse, but birds are very very good at seeing movement in fields and open spaces.


Something strange is happening in Spoonville...(click the Sig by Luvcow to find out)

Epic and Spooky Fall sig courtesy of nut

Jinh



First thing to do is get high! Mountains!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."



Jinh posted:

First thing to do is get high! Mountains!

Chewbecca

Just thrillin' : )


Go right to the mountains little mouse





sigs by Professor Crocodile, luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise!

Jaguars!





forest forest forest

Luvcow




you turn towards the flames and destruction of the ominous buildings, a flood of memories running through you as you watch your former home crumble into ash. a dark shadow rises above the chaos and seems to peer deep within your soul. feelings of familiarity, a former friend now twisted and wrong, a feeling of something trying to lure you back into a fate worse than death. your heart stops for a moment and when it starts again it's pounding. you run, faster than you ever thought you could run, twisting through the grass in no particular direction other than "away" from the seething shadow above the ruins.

the mountains? you dart away. the water? you scuff the dirt and change direction again. the forest. your tiny feet pound into the ground as you make your way towards the trees. behind you a horrifying shriek echoes across the field, taunting you for fleeing. your heart nears giving out when far ahead by the line of trees you see a mouse, a friend, darting into the cover of the canopy. 1015! you'd run mazes and solved puzzles together, she had always been a faithful companion in your trials.



as she disappears into the woods your heart sinks again, a fox appears from behind an oak and chases close behind her, both fade from view between the roots and trunks and brambles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZcFMwga1A4

starbucks hermit




Evil Bob

"He is BOB, eager for fun. He wears a smile, everybody run!"




Something strange is happening in Spoonville...(click the Sig by Luvcow to find out)

Epic and Spooky Fall sig courtesy of nut

City of Glompton



go towards the woods, carefully. she is clever, hopefully she's been able to escape the fox.




thank you vanisher and sk for the sigs!

Jaguars!





Luvcow




you slow your frenzied pace as you come to the edge of the woods, following 1015 and the fox. the air cools beneath the canopy and the smells of the forest fill your little nose with more memories of the dreams that took you outside your tiny cage. far ahead you hear a muffled "whelp!" and a sickening sound of something liquid, sizzling, melting and then the sound of something hollow falling to the forest floor. very carefully you approach, doing your best to keep quiet and unseen. you come upon a skeleton, a fox, it's bones picked clean. all around you the woods have gone quiet, not a single bird or insect. no sign of 1015.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLbB9S_iwtQ

Manifisto





Luvcow posted:

you slow your frenzied pace as you come to the edge of the woods, following 1015 and the fox. the air cools beneath the canopy and the smells of the forest fill your little nose with more memories of the dreams that took you outside your tiny cage. far ahead you hear a muffled "whelp!" and a sickening sound of something liquid, sizzling, melting and then the sound of something hollow falling to the forest floor. very carefully you approach, doing your best to keep quiet and unseen. you come upon a skeleton, a fox, it's bones picked clean. all around you the woods have gone quiet, not a single bird or insect. no sign of 1015.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLbB9S_iwtQ

sounds like it's 1015 that's eating the foxes!

when the woods are quiet, sounds like a good time to find a hiding place where we can observe, not scamper around and make noise




amazing sigs courtesy of cda, vanisher, and luvcow

Jinh



Diorama

i remember when all this was fields

tread carefully please!

ChubbyChecker



Manifisto posted:

sounds like it's 1015 that's eating the foxes!

when the woods are quiet, sounds like a good time to find a hiding place where we can observe, not scamper around and make noise



Luvcow




you nestle yourself between the roots of an enormous beech tree, taking care to to do so without making a sound. your heart begins to slow and your breathing settles as the strange darkness in the forest slowly recedes, the light filtering once again through the autumn leaves. you catch yourself about to fall into a gentle slumber when the songbirds begin to sing of the setting sun as a far off blue jay signals that it's safe in the woods now. a chickadee alights on a branch above your head and sings to you "little mouse come out and play, eat and drink. dusk is coming and you'd better find your way home before the night falls in the forest."



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRDAkgOF_0U

Manifisto





I am really enjoying the music accompaniments to the updates

ask the chickadee what happens at night in the forest




amazing sigs courtesy of cda, vanisher, and luvcow

ChubbyChecker



Manifisto posted:

I am really enjoying the music accompaniments to the updates

ask the chickadee what happens at night in the forest



Luvcow




you cautiously rise from your hiding place and address the chickadee, asking what happens at night in the forest. she sings to you of the old ones who wake when the sun sets, wandering amongst the trees to feed, their terrible forms an abomination to mother nature. she sings of the tiny creatures who hide themselves away until the sun rises, safe from the wrath and terror of those who walk at night. she tells of several safe havens that you may still be able to reach before nightfall, old frog's den to the southwest, the red squirrels oak village to the south and mother rabbit's warren to the southeast. she offers to tell you the way if you choose from the three and if not then she wishes you luck on your way. as she ends her song you catch the scent of 1015 still lingering amongst the forest floor, her trail appears to lead to the east.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doy3-A4Vric

owlhawk911


get directions to mother rabbits, just in case. and then follow 1015



sig by my fave teacher, Prof. Crocodile. seasons greeting from that blaise rascal

Manifisto






I'm not saying enough about how good the artwork is, I love this and the skull one was amazing

owlhawk911 posted:

get directions to mother rabbits, just in case. and then follow 1015

I'm down with this

ChubbyChecker



frog first



BoldFrankensteinMir

Darn! Darn! Darn!


Fashion yourself a cape from a leaf, emulating the kind woman and her pocketed coat that saved you once before.


Sig by Heather Papps

Ass-penny



This is fuckin intense. I vote we go after 1015.

Luvcow




you ask for directions to old frog's den and mother rabbit's warren and as the chickadee sings you scan the ground for a suitable leaf. twisting the fibers of it's stem into a tiny strap to tie under you neck, you drape the leaf over you back. a comforting memory of the kind woman washes over you and gives you a brief moment of peace. you say your goodbyes and scramble further into the forest following 1015's scent, her trail twisting back and forth amongst the roots and moss. after about an hour you pause to rest, the light in the woods now signaling that the sun has set. you're unsure of how far off mother rabbit's warren would be to the south and 1015's trail now leads to the northeast. far off through the trees you hear a bluejay call, alerting the woodland creatures that the old ones are about to awaken to stalk the forest.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cJ_Yh1bNuM

Manifisto







I hope the "old ones" are more like the nice elderly couple down the street who genuinely love werthers original candies and are constantly handing them out to people, especially kids, rather than some lovecraftian nightmares

I do want to find 1015 but I think that will be difficult if our flesh is slurped off our body rendering us a skellington, so I vote rabbit warren and an early start tomorrow. keeping an eye out for hollow trees or crevices as we go, in case we hear an old one or it gets too dark to keep looking for the warren.

I also suggest we make some kind of mark, maybe a small pile of stones, which might help us recognize the area if/when we come back this way




amazing sigs courtesy of cda, vanisher, and luvcow

BoldFrankensteinMir

Darn! Darn! Darn!


Realize these woods are just another maze, and you only have to envision the reward at the end to make it through. You've been training for this your whole life!


Sig by Heather Papps

Luvcow




you make your mind up to find mother rabbit's warren while you still have a chance, but before you do you gather small pebbles and make a marker where you leave 1015's trail. you scan the trees around you and remember your time in the mazes, drawing strength from your days running them. as you set out the chickadee's song echoes in your head, guiding you as you dart through the forest from one landmark to another. within an hour you see a faint glow ahead, the bioluminescent moss of the interior of warren shining through the black of the night. as you draw near a terrifying shriek cuts through the silence, stopping in you in your tacks, your tiny heart beating furiously inside your chest. a rabbit head pokes it's way into the glow, looking out into the forest, it's ears twitching as it tries to survey the woods. the last 100 feet to the entrance seem like miles to you as you can sense something oppressive and malevolent drawing nearer.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHToIiNBMdI

Manifisto





imo it is time to commit, head to the rabbit silhouette in as expeditious while surreptitious manner as we can. I've had fuckin mice in places I lived, when they want to scamper quietly they can do so real well.




amazing sigs courtesy of cda, vanisher, and luvcow

BoldFrankensteinMir

Darn! Darn! Darn!


Agreed, leap for safety little mouse! Tuck and roll with your new cape and tumble into the warren.


Sig by Heather Papps

owlhawk911


it's too late for shriekers, get in!



sig by my fave teacher, Prof. Crocodile. seasons greeting from that blaise rascal

Luvcow




you gather all of your courage and the little strength left after this harrowing day and sprint towards the entrance to the warren. the rabbit's ears twitch again, hearing your tiny feet skim the leaves of the forest floor and the monstrosity that pursues close behind. for a moment you think you won't make it, an unfathomable darkness seemingly only millimeters away from you. and then you're inside. the warm glow of the bioluminescent moss soothing your soul. a large rabbit looks down to you and assures you you're safe inside. she introduces herself as mother rabbit, and after briefly investigating you she says you smell of arkham, reassuring you that she too escaped from the labs many years ago. deeper within the warren you hear more rabbits, eating and drinking, preparing to wait out the night together. she beckons you to join them, to enjoy the safe haven you've found.



that night as you sleep amongst the rabbits you dream of the nighttime forest, running throughout in terror, the old ones stalking you. hiding beneath a log, scurrying beneath the leaves. you come upon the small pile of pebbles and sniff at them, your tiny paw touches them and a faint glow emanates from the stones and then fades. you bend down to drink some water gathered in a leaf and the face reflected back is not yours but that of 1015.

you awake to the distant sound of birdsong, the rabbits are beginning to stir around you. it's morning now, the woods are "safe" again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_11CVfRLbA

Twenty Four

HAIKOOLIGAN



Definitely need to get some intel from mother rabbit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker



Twenty Four posted:

Definitely need to get some intel from mother rabbit!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply