Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Fashion yourself a cape from a leaf, emulating the kind woman and her pocketed coat that saved you once before.

Sig by Heather Papps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Realize these woods are just another maze, and you only have to envision the reward at the end to make it through. You've been training for this your whole life!

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Agreed, leap for safety little mouse! Tuck and roll with your new cape and tumble into the warren.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

I wonder if any of the bunnies are the brave and adventurous type. Perhaps we can find a companion/steed here...

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Gotta keep our eyes peeled for a good helmet next. If 1015 is going all NIMH on us, we'll need to Redwall it up to stay competitive.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Is there anything on the forest floor that might serve as better reins or tack for our steed? At this point it's mostly for us holding onto, some kind of toadstool saddlehorn or something.

Craft tack if possible, then Wrap 1015 in the cape and ride for life.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Keep eyes peeled for a weapon. The right bend on an iron nail is a short-sword sunk in a log at this scale.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

owlhawk911 posted:

see what's up with bramble, tuck 1015 in, explore the hole

This plus consult maze-sense.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Klaus mouse.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Scramble up to get that key, use the spear to get it or climb on the "ornate woodwork" or both if necessary.

Then back downstairs to see what broke in, with javelin readied and key-blade at the hip (I assume it has a little ribbon it dangled from that can be our sash).

The lock isn't going anywhere, I want to see this mouse swashbuckle a ghost

Edit- oh hell yes it's a silver weapon...

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 7, 2020

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity, we can go unlock it now.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

If we do take the model sword and cloak, be sure to keep the silver key around anyway. While sharper and better balanced for sure, the model sword may not be made of actual silver, which is gonna matter if/when we come across a for-reals undead.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Sweeeeet. TY ghost of Galahad. Tennyson would approve.

My good blade carves the casques of men,
My tough lance thrusteth sure,
My strength is as the strength of ten
Because my heart is pure.

After hearing of a kind human having adventures with her mice, I think we should muse about the Kind Woman for a moment (while we equip our new gear). Was there anything else she said to us? Did she ever call us by any name other than our test subject number?

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Things to be especially on the lookout for in the attic that has minatures-

-tiny helmet
-tiny boots
-tiny saddle and tack for Bramble (I know I keep harping on this but the difference between saddled and unsaddled mounts in terms of ride success is giant)
-food (being foraged for is nice and all, but one of these days we're gonna wind up hungry in a dark dungeon and this will make the difference)

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Dang it, those spoons are silver too!? If we only had a few minutes to bend the head of one back and forth on the desk edge until it breaks off, we could have silver shield to go with our silver blade.

Rescue mission first of course, definitely use Bramble for speed, but remember the spoon village's location. It should be a safe area against the supernatural, and I want a shiny Perseus shield we can use to distract cats with.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

We have no guarantee that anywhere away from here is any safer. But if we're going to check out the lab, the big raccoon is scared, eh? Nothing better for a dungeon than a rogue.

Just go right up to him, brass out. Cape on straight, eyes forward, ride Bramble up to that raccoon and explain directly that it's an emergency and you need his help in the lab. We know labs. You need hands to open things in them, and sometimes there's medicine, medicine our friend needs. Any food is the raccoon's, minus enough for your friend. Deal?

If he needs persuading have Bramble rear back in a napoleon pose, thus cementing our appearance of confident leadership.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

owlhawk911 posted:

i really feel like this house is a powerful center of Goodness, kinda the opposite of the spooky lab we escaped and worth checking out more before we bail. also can we try to feel out what's up w/ our old friends with our new spooky spirit sense?

Seconding. Escaping the woods means abandoning our friends to save ourselves, and a cloaked mouse that rides a rabbit and wields a blade would be a mere knave if they were not noble in action as well. Spoon village should be safe from ghosts and ghoulies, the trick is if we leave 1015 there will they be okay until we can find one of the other mice to keep watch while we're gone with Bramble rescuing the rest of the labmice? We need a stopgap home guard.

All I can think of is leaving the silver key with 1015 for self defense but that's a poor solution, it'd be way better if we could hire that bird as a mercenary or something. Regardless of where we go next we should speak to them.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Is the bird still there? I read back over the last two pages and I didn't see him fly away.

If he's still there, hire him to follow us and sing warnings from the air. A windmill will have more than enough spilled grain around to pay him with.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Hi ho songbird! 1031 is quite the rider, I wasn't expecting that.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

starbucks hermit posted:

be safe, raccoon stranger :ohdear:

They'll be back, I hope. I strongly believe we should return to Spoonville eventually, there's too much there we haven't explored, raccoon included.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Nuthatch distract them with dives and swoops while rabbit-back warrior jousts their ankles.

Hopefully enough damage to the protective suits will force them to retreat, but a good shot to the ankle can totally down a full-grown man, so we might get lucky and take one prisoner, Gulliver style.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Voted 5, top-notch CYOA OP.

I have to thank you even beyond that though, because I am presently trying to get back into the CYOA hosting mood and this was the perfect counterpart to Zippy the Bummer's LOTR threads to remind me just what can be accomplished in this format. A+ would play again.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Oh well, good then. I doubt my vote will change.

Sig by Heather Papps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Sniffling, I approach old 1031, a well-loved doll made from a few beads and a bit of thread held tight in my paws. It is dressed in a cloak of leaf and carries a thorn sword, like my hero.

"Peeze?" I whisper as I look him in his wise old eyes. "Just one more story?"

Sig by Heather Papps