Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you rollen?
This poll is closed.
Fahrvergnügen 34 25.95%
Lederhosen 41 31.30%
Schnitzelhasen 56 42.75%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Jah, wunderbar, es ist October sans Oktoberfest, mein friendsen!

Let us sprechen about ze ongoing shitsenhausen that is dieser Monat.

Here ist ein Bilden von mein supertollen Chilis:

Mein Virus-stabben-von-die-back-of-the-Maulfotzen-Test is also negativ, so let us rejoicen in die Lederhosen!

Also: There ist ein Electionen happening in 32 Tagen.

(redacted) (redacted)-(redacted) SATAN, may his passing cleansen the earthen, ja?

Discussen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Looking forward to this extremely good and normal month when nothing terrible will happen :)

I'm right there with you, bud.

First terrible thing that happened was the thread title neither allowing Ü or ß, what the gently caress?

CainFortea posted:

I'm seeing a bunch of people ignoring covid and having huge oktoberfests this month. It'll be the wurst spike yet.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Worry about yourself, narc! Schnitzels get stitchzels.

Alright, good German humor, let's keep it rolling.

Posting-death to all that make actually-funny jokes or puns, bonus points to those that make convoluted/complicated jokes/puns that would otherwise be funny, but explain them to death in great detail, thus robbing them of all comedic effect.

Cugel the Clever posted:

Current event: opposition to affordable housing is an unambiguous manifestation of racism and classism.

https://twitter.com/_Almaqah/status/1311516809582063616?s=19

Alright, excuse me while I throw up

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Cugel the Clever posted:

Yeah, it will be interesting to see if they actually change their behavior in the next week. Until he's hospitalized and on a ventilator, I'm going to believe this is a stunt to avoid the debates.

Same. I don't believe a single word that comes out of this fucker's mouth.
Imagine his grandstanding and shittalking when you add in the supposed fact that "he beat Covid".

Good lord.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Pryor on Fire posted:

Why would you guys think it's fake?

Because I no longer believe a single loving word coming out of that despicable administration.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

This one I do not get

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So he hasn’t tweeted for 9 hours now. What’s the record for not tweeting with him? It’s like a weird variation of watching North Korean leadership photos.

He's gone like 24+ hours during international trips, so that's still quite a bar to clear for ailing-Trump

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm gonna need some coffin-dance memes

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

This has got to be the least over-the-top and most cautiously-optimistic statement I've ever heard from Trump.

I think he might genuinely be terrified

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1312233807991496704

:lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh hey minge finally made the news

Wait, what?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

gently caress all of this noise

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

All fantasy-talk aside, I think it would be absolutely terrible if it ends up being Pence instead of Trump on the ballot in 4 weeks.

The entire "strategy", communication, discourse and signaling over the last four years needs to be publicly rejected for all to see, and if that's not the case, we're all lost.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

I agree but also disagree. If he pulls through then he and his supporters will start screaming even louder about how the plague isn't actually a big deal while another 100,000 Americans without the same level of healthcare die. If he doesn't then maybe it will actually make Republicans take it seriously.

I understand where you're coming from, but I wasn't so much talking about the chances for the GOP to win the election regardless of candidate, I was more referring to the outcome of Trump kicking it or not.
I'm pretty sure that him pulling through would spawn exponentially-increased levels of stupid-talk from him that would solidify the convictions of people already voting for him, I think I've said as much a couple of days ago.

I'm more worried about the consequences of him kicking the bucket, because I'm fairly certain it wouldn't keep already-convinced GOP voters from the polls at all (hell, I can come up with a marketing strategy and rallying call to keep them entertained and focused off the top of my head), so all of the "deplorable" talking points against the GOP that were previously based on Trump would dissipate, and there would be no "global record" of the populace saying - in a democratic fashion - "no, gently caress that poo poo, we're not doing fascism".

And that scares the everloving poo poo out of me ON TOP of the chance that Trump may recover and win the election.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313664886648582144

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

This is the most I've fremdschämed of all of Trump's video content I've consumed.
There were many videos that I felt more frustrated about, and many, many more, that genuinely infuriated me.

But this is the one I can barely even get through without crumpling into a cringe-singularity.

I'd say it's the only video I've never been able to ever get through, and I've been through stileproject-tier poo poo, pain olympics, etc., but the one video I've never mastered is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnrI1l6qvO4

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Is cringe shame a good enough americanised translation for fremdschäme? Because that word really should be used more.

The correct German noun is "Fremdscham", "fremdschämen" is just the verb. (This translation brought to you by my visceral Germanity)
"Cringe shame" isn't exactly good enough. While it adequately describes the physical reaction in an individual, it doesn't quite contain the supremely-German fact that you're not just cringing in shame, but you're cringing in an involuntarily-altruistic reaction at the shame someone else brings upon them themselves.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

my kinda ape posted:

How does something like that even turn?

Multiple steering axles, pretty basic automotive engineering, to be fair

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I can now see the fourth third of November in my work calendar

:cripes:

/edit:
My bad, I mix up the third and fourth, because the fourth is marked in my calendar since I already took it off to be either drunk or talking to my mirror in a Werner Herzog voice

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 12, 2020

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Woofer posted:

The comments tell me this is just another 4d chess move to troll the media.

Ayup

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The "JFK Jr Lives" people are my favorite subspecies of QAnon lunatics.

I didn't know about this particularly-dumb QAnon talking-point until some "larger-scale" Covid-denier protests several weeks ago. I initially thought the organizers of said protests had actually just typoed the name, but sure enough, their supporters claimed JFK Jr. would show up.
I discarded the whole thing as flat-earther-tier stupidity until I read a news report that Robert Kennedy Jr. actually showed up to the protests as a speaker, and then I no longer knew what the gently caress.

I still don't know what the gently caress, so there's that

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Defenestrategy posted:

Wasn't this a couple of native fishermen getting jumped by some rear end in a top hat canadians?

Probably why.

I remember that JAG episode

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Stingwing posted:

The fact that anybody cares this much about stolen valor is incredibly depressing and hilarious at the same time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGoJbD-TzG0&t=1s

Christ, I remember exactly which video they're parodying primarily.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

How did this not leak before the movie screening?

How...

How can this be real?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh my, those poor, poor servers.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

It's more what they will have to stream so much of that has me feeling bad for them.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

not caring here posted:

Is... is that letter signed with a sharpie?

Gotta stay on-brand

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Uh...so?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

The chances of Trump winning are still remote/outside, right? I don't think I can take four more years of this poo poo.

Neither can I, but after 2016, I'm still extremely skeptical of the indications over the last couple of weeks.

I can't get my hopes up to the point where I had them back then, because that was a hell of a plunge and very unhealthy.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

IT'S TIME FOR A MICHAEL BAY CORONAVIRUS MOVIE

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1321846941634895872

there's no loving way I'm looking at this, it's apparently terrible and I feel like inflicting pain upon others

What a complete loving rear end in a top hat.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wait, which justices and what the gently caress is he talking about?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

One thing about the 2020 election - even with suppression efforts and all the bullshit, turnout is going to be loving insane.

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1322160084651266048?s=19

I really want to believe that this is a good sign, but every time I'm on the verge of getting my hopes up, I recall the last time I did so based on a voter-turnout post in here in 2016.
I think it was either Vas, Godholio or Mr. Nice, and it was about how huge of a line they had observed at their local polling place that were predominantly minorities at their local voting place.

It ended with something like "Man, minorities are pissed" or somesuch, and really pushed me from "I know 538 and all other media outlets have Trump losing this, but my inside-German-voice is telling me to stay guardedly-pessimistic until the deal is sealed" to "yeah, this poo poo is done and dusted".

I'm gonna stay optimistic, but I'm also not gonna make that mistake again. All poo poo-talking aside, the last four years have put some serious mental strain on my mental health, and outside of losing a job-offer in the US and going back home to Germany, Trump hasn't even had a direct impact on my privileged white rear end.
I cannot, for the life of me, imagine how heavy the next 5-6 days will weigh on people with more skin in the game.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Germany is currently crawling towards the 20,000 new infections mark and starting a "Lockdown-Light" (yes, this is literally what our government is calling it) on Monday.

But there is one thing that's opening after having its grand-opening delayed for almost ten loving years through repeated construction gently caress-ups that border on - and go well beyond - comical insanity:

The loving BER airport.

:psypop:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hexyflexy posted:

It's going to catch fire, burn down completely, and put everyone out of it's misery.

Yes, but the smoke is going to be vented vertically through the basement and then out the sides

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nutapii posted:

The most up to date deadline being October 2020 was the most unintentionally hilarious part of listening to the How to gently caress up an Airport podcast recorded in 2017, I can't believe they've actually done it.

Behold the opening of this absolutely horrendous piece of architecture

https://ber.berlin-airport.de/de/news/livestream-31-10-2020.html

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What loving vaccine?!?

Are they claiming they have a miracle-vaccine tested, approved, and ALREADY IN INDUSTRIALISATION, but keeping it back like a last-minute reality show reveal? What in the entire gently caress is this messaging and strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Can we not do the whole "shut up cole" meme for a bit, maybe?

poo poo sucks, and the last couple of weeks have done a number on my brain, I can't hate on folks letting some steam off