Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I didn't even know John Cena was engaged to someone new which is good I think because that means he's either living a more private life or I am blind and it could be either or both

Still happy for him though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NXT Results 10/14:
  • Detailed Results here
  • Undisputed Era opened the show, with Adam Cole still out of action and Kyle O'Reilly taking the leadership role.
  • Undisputed Era (Bobby Fish and Roderick Strong) defeated Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan in a tag match to become number one contenders to the tag titles.
  • NXT Champion Finn Balor has had surgery on his jaw. GM William Regal said they would wait and see how he recovered before making a decision about the title's status.
  • A vignette aired about Ember Moon's return to NXT.
  • Jake Atlas defeated Ashante "Thee" Adonis. Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde attached Adonis postmatch but was saved by Atlas. Santos Escobar and Isaiah "Swerve" Scott both got involved, with Escobar and his goons backing down.
  • Johnny Gargano defeated accused child groomer Austin Theory in a singles match.
  • Rhea Ripley and Raquel Gonzalez were prevented from brawling backstage by officials.
  • Candice LeRae defeated Shotzi Blackheart in a singles match to become number one contender for the NXT Women's Championship. Indi Hartwell gave LeRae brass knuckles to KO Shotzi to get the pinfall.
  • Killian Dain still doesn't want to be in a tag team with Drake Maverick, but he is.
  • Toni Storm defeated Aliyah in a singles match.
  • William Regal announced Rhea Ripley vs. Raquel Gonzalez at the Halloween Havoc NXT show, and told Xia Li he would also consider granting her a grudge match.
  • Imperium defeated Killian Dain and Drake Maverick in a tag match. Ever-Rise mocked Maverick postmatch and Dain attacked them both, telling Drake that "nobody hits you but me".
  • Damian Priest (C) defeated Dexter Lumis to retain the NXT North American Championship, after Cameron Grimes hit a sneak attack on Lumis.
  • Johnny Gargano attacked Priest with a chair post-match. William Regal announced that both Gargano and LeRae would get title matches, but Shotzi Blackheart - "host" of the Halloween Havoc show - said the match types would be determined by "Spin the Wheel, Make a Deal".
  • No link to GDT Discussion because there wasn't a single NXT related post on the subforum at all on the 1 year anniversary of AEW.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what if he's being blackmailed into marriage? Never be happy for a stranger until you've walked a mile in their shoes. nxt is loving dog dungo

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Im happy for you

What size shoe do you wear I will try to walk in them

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

john has married a nudist so that he might love with an open heart and a mind unclouded by hamper concerns

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

We are all nudists at points in our lives

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Rerunning Gargano-Priest and LaRae-Shirai on TV less than a month after a Takeover, NXT is a main brand baby

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

10.5 or 41 or 8.5. i don't know what number to say. i have to go to sleep

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also it was mentioned on I think Observer Live, The Street Profits are now considered "triple crown" winners in the sense that they've been NXT, Raw and now Smackdown Tag Champions... because they literally just switched the Raw and Smackdown titles with a shrug due to a draft.
Gee I wonder why titles don't seem to mean anything in WWE.... :thunk:

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

If the NXT title is vacated twice in a row, it will be very 2000 WCW.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This is the company where winning a belt is a curse

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
If the last thing John Cena does in WWE is be the punching bag in Bray Wyatt's WrestleMania fever dream, I will love him forever.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Maigius posted:

If the NXT title is vacated twice in a row, it will be very 2000 WCW.
Yeah but see it was really important the guy with his arm falling off win so Keith Lee could be called up to be

uhm

something

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I caught a little of the Shotzi Blackheart vs Candice Le Rae match in passing.

I have 2 questions. 1) What was the point of the Thunderdome, when they can clearly use the multiple people on computers technology to make it look like a crowd in the performance centre? and 2) When did referring to fans as the NXT Universe start? It's even worse, cringier, and lamer than WWE Universe.

The match was OK from what I saw though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BrigadierSensible posted:

I have 2 questions. 1) What was the point of the Thunderdome, when they can clearly use the multiple people on computers technology to make it look like a crowd in the performance centre? and 2) When did referring to fans as the NXT Universe start? It's even worse, cringier, and lamer than WWE Universe.

They do have real people in the NXT crowd. But the setup with the flat screens and them being higher up look a lot better.

Dunno about the second part, probably for a long time but nobody's brain registers it because it's so bad.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

its always been the NXT Universe

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Jerusalem posted:

NXT Results 10/14:
  • Killian Dain still doesn't want to be in a tag team with Drake Maverick, but he is.
  • Imperium defeated Killian Dain and Drake Maverick in a tag match. Ever-Rise mocked Maverick postmatch and Dain attacked them both, telling Drake that "nobody hits you but me".

These are the 2 bullets your randomly making up these days right?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Its been like the most constant thing on nxt where people were saying of course loser drake is getting beat up

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I think I've posted some variant of "drake maverick wept on television begging for his job back for this" like four times now

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Finn is definitely extremely cursed, everytime he becomes the top champ his body gets wrecked.

I can't think of a single thing he's done in WWE that eclipsed any of his work in NJPW.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
what about the time he almost dressed up like a pumpkin

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

KungFu Grip posted:

Its been like the most constant thing on nxt where people were saying of course loser drake is getting beat up

I like that it is a foregone conclusion that he is going to get beaten up, all he can do is chose between Dain beating him up and someone else beating him up.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Johnny Gargano attacked Priest with a chair post-match. William Regal announced that both Gargano and LeRae would get title matches, but Shotzi Blackheart - "host" of the Halloween Havoc show - said the match types would be determined by "Spin the Wheel, Make a Deal".

Ok I know I, nor anyone else, watched WWE but I gotta admit this made me cackle with glee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgT5ta5oWCc

THIS is the right kind of campy nostalgia that AEW does so well but that WWE tends to miss the mark on horribly or pretend never happened. This might be a good sign.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Lid posted:

Johnny Gargano attacked Priest with a chair post-match. William Regal announced that both Gargano and LeRae would get title matches, but Shotzi Blackheart - "host" of the Halloween Havoc show - said the match types would be determined by "Spin the Wheel, Make a Deal".

Ok I know I, nor anyone else, watched WWE but I gotta admit this made me cackle with glee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgT5ta5oWCc

THIS is the right kind of campy nostalgia that AEW does so well but that WWE tends to miss the mark on horribly or pretend never happened. This might be a good sign.

Deep down you know it will be just as cringey and unfunny as everything else WWE does these days

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Benne posted:

Deep down you know it will be just as cringey and unfunny as everything else WWE does these days

I know... I really know... but at least the hope exists for just a moment. But yes. They don't know WHY it works so they'll not lean into it at all like they should.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
so... they cant even sellout the thunderdome anymore...

https://twitter.com/jessithebuckeye/status/1316540759240323073

https://twitter.com/jessithebuckeye/status/1316546294773620738

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
of course this was going to happen. why else would they want to own your thunderdome appearance in perpetuity. they'll categorize peoples' reactions and play what they want to play.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

They spend so much loving time and money and resources on making a fake crowd so they can "cheer correctly" and it'd take so much less of all three to just write better goddamn wrestling angles

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Johnny Gargano hates Wheels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhgdwdozyak

at least wwe is smart enough to gimmick a wheel

right?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

Finn is definitely extremely cursed, everytime he becomes the top champ his body gets wrecked.

I can't think of a single thing he's done in WWE that eclipsed any of his work in NJPW.

There was the time that everything fell apart with the planned Sister Abigail match and so they threw together AJ Styles and Finn on almost no notice. As a result, WWE didn't have time to "help" them with their booking or making sure Finn knew where the hardcam was, and so AJ and Finn just cut a couple of cool promos on each other then had a really good match.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

xbilkis posted:

Rerunning Gargano-Priest and LaRae-Shirai on TV less than a month after a Takeover, NXT is a main brand baby

Things were already going that way but when they added WWE writers to the show last month it really accelerated things. Throw in there's no Keith Lee who was able to make lemonade out of a lot of lemons.

The WWE thought was that it was the venue itself that made people stop watching. Honestly maybe they were right? Ratings have been a bit higher since moving. This caused them to make the PC more like the Thunderdome. They don't want NXT at the Thunderdome for some reason (they have cited COVID).

Rick fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Oct 15, 2020

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I wonder if Cheatum the evil midget is still alive. Don’t tell me if he’s not

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Out of nowhere, I remembered one of the first online videos I ever loved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1LcJ6N9vwo

* stares at upload date
* stares at description saying it's a reupload

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haha, youtube itself was only made in like 2005 wasn't it?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Well, Finn's current nxt title run is better than his Universal title run at least

Still going with sympathetic babyface Dexter Lumis eh?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

Still going with sympathetic babyface Dexter Lumis eh?

How timely that they are.
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeed/status/1316517618350804993

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Golden Bee posted:

I wonder if Cheatum the evil midget is still alive. Don’t tell me if he’s not

There is someone that we were like ninety percent certain was Cheatum on an episode of Dynamite once. I don't think we ever got it confirmed but we were all pretty sure it was him.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/OfficialPWI/status/1316740619583315968?s=20

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

is the top 100 just all WWE women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
They only really count American wrestling so I wouldn't be surprised if at the very least the top 40 are.