Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I wish they had a camera on the face of these wrestlers when they sat them down to reveal to them that they'll be part of yet another NWO style invasion angle and their names are Slapjack, T-Bar and Mace.

Wait, scratch that - I want their reactions once they leave McMahon's office and the boot licking thank you's are over because that must have been a hoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1320534181835751424

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Golden Bee posted:

Tucker is evil now?

yeah, he got sick of tying otis's shoes and having to give otis his promo times (actual quotes) so he bonked him with the briefcase

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

projecthalaxy posted:

yeah, he got sick of tying otis's shoes and having to give otis his promo times (actual quotes) so he bonked him with the briefcase

Reminder that Tucker was already on a different brand to Otis BEFORE he decided he'd had enough of being stuck with him.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

projecthalaxy posted:

Wouldn’t a smart time to be betray him once he’s WWE champion, guaranteeing you a title shot?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Golden Bee posted:

Wouldn’t a smart time to be betray him once he’s WWE champion, guaranteeing you a title shot?

This could even be a good segment or angle, with Tucker becoming more and more aggressive, beating down Otis’s foes, Then basically demanding he pen a unconscious true McIntyre… And then cracking orders of the skull with the briefcase once he is champ.

Why do characters on wrestling act like they‘ve never ever watched an episode of wrestling

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Golden Bee posted:

Why do characters on wrestling act like they‘ve never ever watched an episode of wrestling
Because they're written, ultimately, by a person who hates wrestling

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hell in a Cell 10/25:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • On the pre-show, R-Truth (C) defeated Drew Gulak to retain the 24/7 Championship. Akira Tozawa and Lucha House Party chased after Truth post-match.
  • Mustafa Ali challenged MVP to pick a member of Hurt Business to take on a member of Retribution.
  • Roman Reigns (C) defeated Jey Uso in an I Quit Hell in a Cell match, one of the worst matches of the year. Jey quit when Roman assaulted his twin brother Jimmy after Jimmy tried to stop Roman crushing Jey's head with the stairs.
  • Postmatch, Afa and Sika came out to meet Roman and anoint him the official head of the Anoa'i Family.
  • Elias defeated Jeff Hardy by DQ in a 7 minute match when Jeff hit Elias with a guitar (why!?!)
  • The Miz defeated Otis in a singles match to become the new holder of the Money in the Bank briefcase, after Tucker turned on Otis completely out of nowhere to gift him the win. Tucker and Otis aren't even on the same brand anymore.
  • Tucker showed up backstage seemingly holding his lines on a piece of paper, and cut a promo blaming Otis for hogging the spotlight. Otis attacked Tucker. They're not on the same brand.
  • Sasha Banks defeated Bayley (C) to become the new Smackdown Women's Champion in a Hell in a Cell match. This was excellent and should have been the main event.
  • Backstage, MVP announced it would be Bobby Lashley vs. Slapjack and the United States Championship would be on the line.
  • Bobby Lashley (C) defeated Slapjack to retain the United States Championship. Retribution ran out and got easily run off by Lashley all by himself before The Hurt Business could even rush to his aid.
  • Randy Orton defeated Drew McIntyre (C) in a Hell in a Cell match to become the new WWE Champion.
  • GDT Discussion here.

Bayley and Sasha should have main evented. This isn't a position, it's a statement of fact.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 26, 2020

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Spiderdrake posted:

Because they're written, ultimately, by a person who hates wrestling

if all you watched was WWE, wouldnt you hate wrestling too

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Miz should cash-in on Randy next month since it's going to be the 10th anniversary of him cashing in on him the first time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

kitten emergency posted:

if all you watched was WWE, wouldnt you hate wrestling too

But you just said the person wasn't watching wrestling!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Oh boy another Randy Orton title run :geno:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I can't believe WWE has fallen so far that I see Randy Orton winning the WWE Title and go 'well there's one positive at least'.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

After 4 ppv title shots he was bound to win sometime

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Another reign for Randy?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Breaking up all these tag teams are fine, just make new ones as you break them up like............ Peyton Royce and Lacey Evans?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can say with utter conviction that that was worse than Hell in a Cell last year and had two matches worse than Seth vs. Fiend from last year.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Now that they've taken everything and everyone away from Otis, where does he go after this Tucker feud

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Catering, forever

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
WCW was still in business when Randy Orton first debuted in OVW

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Blaise330 posted:

Now that they've taken everything and everyone away from Otis, where does he go after this Tucker feud

They're on different brands.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Different brands barely matters

but he's probably going straight to catering

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aren't there supposed to be tag titles in this company?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Will tucker or Otis use one of their extremely limited wildcards To continue the feud?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

When a friendship is betrayed, do brands matter?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The good character everyone loved got his title shot taken away for no reason, the scary new stable is 0-3 and has been repeatedly singlehandedly beat up by Bobby Lashley, the top guy successfully won his feud against a tag team wrestler, the hot new face lost the world title to Randy Orton in 2020 and Sasha Banks is the underdog face in a feud with Bayley.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WWE thinks anyone is interested in another Orton title run

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

CarlCX posted:

The good character everyone loved got his title shot taken away for no reason, the scary new stable is 0-3 and has been repeatedly singlehandedly beat up by Bobby Lashley, the top guy successfully won his feud against a tag team wrestler, the hot new face lost the world title to Randy Orton in 2020 and Sasha Banks is the underdog face in a feud with Bayley.

Sasha is awesome though.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Intruder posted:

WWE thinks anyone is interested in another Orton title run

Many people seem to think he's been the male MVP of wwe, consistently putting on good performances. I'm really not interested in it, but someone might be.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Slapjack

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wazzu posted:

Many people seem to think he's been the male MVP of wwe, consistently putting on good performances. I'm really not interested in it, but someone might be.

Even those people seem to have largely turned on him. He was getting a lot of praise after Wrestlemania and before Summerslam.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

fatherofmustard posted:

Sasha is awesome though.

It's not that she's not awesome, it's the heel Sami Zayn problem where of course he's going to be amazing at it, but why are you doing it that way?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah they changed Orton's character when he started going after Drew and it was for the worse. There's not anything there like there was when he was saying he was retiring Edge and Christian out of love. Just Legend Killer 2.0 now that wants the title.

Sasha and Bayley is the only thing worth watching, but man, that match was really loving good.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Hell in a Cell 10/25: = A Turd Factory

Bayley and Sasha should have main evented. This isn't a position, it's a statement of fact.

Hahahahahaha. What fresh loving poo poo is this?

Also Sasha and Bayley should main event everything, as friends, heel friends.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CarlCX posted:

It's not that she's not awesome, it's the heel Sami Zayn problem where of course he's going to be amazing at it, but why are you doing it that way?

Sasha being a righteous face right and having the title now is 100% the right call, especially since she's gonna be in the Mandalorian's second season starting this week. WWE would be smart to promote her non-stop right now to capitalize on the potential crossover appeal.

You know, like they didn't with Batista.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

TV Zombie posted:

Another reign for Randy?

I read this post in his voice.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CarlCX posted:

i know its s dumb question since i'm positive no one in these threads actually watch the protect but still love posting about it, but have you even been watching Bayley's heel turn and turning on Sasha? It's been handled incredibly well and she like a completely new character.

bartok
May 10, 2006

The star of The Chaperone had the nerve to say they didn't want to promote that Batista was in Guardians of the Galaxy because it might be a flop.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

i know its s dumb question since i'm positive no one in these threads actually watch the protect but still love posting about it, but have you even been watching Bayley's heel turn and turning on Sasha? It's been handled incredibly well and she like a completely new character.

I mean, the entire point of the post you're quoting was that the thing itself has been awesome but I can't help feeling it's a waste of a natural face, so I don't even disagree with you that it's been really well-done, it just doesn't stop me from feeling that it's still an unfortunate use of one of your best natural faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

Blaise330 posted:

Breaking up all these tag teams are fine, just make new ones as you break them up like............ Peyton Royce and Lacey Evans?

Just a reminder that Vince specifically broke the IIconics up because he wanted to push Peyton as a singles star, then promptly forgot about it