Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

main event star jey uso

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Smackdown Results 10/30:
  • Jey Uso defeated Daniel Bryan in a singles match to earn a spot on the Smackdown Men's Survivor Series team.

Daniel Bryan is jobbing to Jey Uso? WWE sucks.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I know I've asked this several times in the past, but house is beautiful woman a gimmick?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

JT Smiley posted:

I know I've asked this several times in the past, but how is beautiful woman a gimmick?

Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn are pathetic losers.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it worked with Sable and Deborah in 1998 so it must be a good idea

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

"Jey Uso defeated Daniel Bryan in a singles match" is one of the funniest results I've ever read from a wrestling show

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So is this Roman garbage still phenomenal storytelling or what?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

It sounds like Vince forgot what he was writing halfway through writing it. Give this man another half billion dollars.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's so sad looking through the WWE roster and seeing how many talent is absolutely wasted in bad booking and slowed-down, generic wrestling styles, so I thought I'd cheer myself up by watching ECW One Night Stand 2005. It was the first wrestling show I legitimately paid for (Although a family member had been illegally recording PPVs for me since 1996)

Out of curiosity, I decided to look up ECW's evolution between 1995 - 2005. That decade is pretty much the entire Rise and Fall of ECW, and before ONS, the brand had been physically dead for two and a half years and probably on life support for about 4. It's crazy to think that ECW ONS was such a HUGE deal at the time despite the general small amount of time it'd been since it went away.

Ten years ago in NJPW, Tanahashi hadn't become Ace yet and they were still using TNA guys. In a decade NJPW went from Nakamura, TNA guys, and guys past their prime as their biggest draws, went into the Tanahashi Ace era, transitioned into the Okada era, went into the Bullet Club era, and now we're in this "Anybody can be Ace because everyone's really loving good" kind of era. Ten years ago, NJPW was basically unrecognizable.

So then I looked at WCW between 1990 and 2000. At the start of 1990, it was very much still a Dusty Rhodes/NWA style southern promotion. It remained somewhat the same until The Outsiders show up, and the NWO forms in mid 1996, and in that couple years between 1996 and 2000 there were TONS of different things going on. The Luchadores and Cruiserweights are coming in, DDP is getting over, Sting becomes The Crow, Goldberg debuts and steam-rolls the company, and by 2000, it was a totally different era of WCW than when they were dominating TV

So I came full circle and decided to look at the state of the WWE since Survivor Series 2010. The Nexus had just debuted but despite being one of the most talked about moments in wrestling at the time they were already starting to peter off. In 2011 CM Punk would cut his Pipebomb promo, but that wasn't so much an era defining moment as it was just a short streak of good storytelling. It wasn't long before the "Summer of Punk" was completely derailed by Triple H and Kevin Nash. Then we've got the rise of Daniel Bryan in 2013. It had been years in the making, but the fans finally catapulted him into forcing the WWE into making him their top guy. Again, it didn't last long because Daniel Bryan had to basically retire soon after. After Daniel Bryan's fall, the next moments I feel are significant were The SHIELD's debut and NXT's Takeover. Both absolutely wild and great moments that did manage to last a while, but both eventually tapered off too. Those were just moments though, not company-wide eras. Outside of those top moments, the WWE writing, style, and booking as been largely the same on the rest of the card and occasionally just much worse. It's no surprise WWE has been bleeding fans, they treat them like morons and the whole product has been stale for almost a decade.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hey guys and gals I wanted to post this. Yes. It’s real. Yes, I didn’t finish the entire quote. I hope you understand.

quote:

Jeff Hardy and Elias to meet in Guitar on a Pole Match

Jeff Hardy and Elias to meet in Guitar on a Pole Match

Jeff Hardy and Elias are ready for their encore.

The Charismatic Enigma and the “Universal Truth” recording artist are set to meet in a Guitar on a Pole Match this Monday on Raw. Hardy and Elias have exchanged vicious guitar strikes in recent week, but none have hit the right chord just yet. The showdown between the two competitors at WWE Hell in a Cell ended in a disqualification to Hardy after the high-flying Superstar struck Elias with his instrument. Last week in Survivor Series Qualifying action, Hardy and Eli

T! N! A! TNA! TNA! T!

Momentary
Oct 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

[*] Universal Champion Roman Reigns opened the show to hear Jey Uso acknowledge him as Tribal Chief. Jey refused, and told Roman he hated him. Roman assured Jey that he loved him and Jey would fall in line by the end of the night.
[*] Jey told Roman he was with him and accepted him as Head of the Family. Roman said nothing but looked at Bryan, so Jey assaulted Daniel and told Roman he understands now and loves him too.

He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Dog.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Alaois posted:

it worked with Sable and Deborah in 1998 so it must be a good idea

I don't think Debra wrestled. She was sort of Steve Austin's manager and was involved in some storyline, but that's it. She was total cheesecake tho.

And yeah, Vince and Dunn are old horny perverts who think a lady's looks are enough to get her over. Remember Eva Marie?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Being really beautiful is a perfectly okay gimmick, just like being really handsome like Rick Martel can be.

It's just usually done in really distasteful ways.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Forceholy posted:

I don't think Debra wrestled. She was sort of Steve Austin's manager and was involved in some storyline, but that's it. She was total cheesecake tho.

And yeah, Vince and Dunn are old horny perverts who think a lady's looks are enough to get her over. Remember Eva Marie?

Watch a random Kelly Kelly match.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Momentary posted:

give the big dog the big moustache

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Momentary posted:

Lol

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

RealFoxy posted:

So I came full circle and decided to look at the state of the WWE since Survivor Series 2010. The Nexus had just debuted but despite being one of the most talked about moments in wrestling at the time they were already starting to peter off. In 2011 CM Punk would cut his Pipebomb promo, but that wasn't so much an era defining moment as it was just a short streak of good storytelling. It wasn't long before the "Summer of Punk" was completely derailed by Triple H and Kevin Nash. Then we've got the rise of Daniel Bryan in 2013. It had been years in the making, but the fans finally catapulted him into forcing the WWE into making him their top guy. Again, it didn't last long because Daniel Bryan had to basically retire soon after. After Daniel Bryan's fall, the next moments I feel are significant were The SHIELD's debut and NXT's Takeover. Both absolutely wild and great moments that did manage to last a while, but both eventually tapered off too. Those were just moments though, not company-wide eras. Outside of those top moments, the WWE writing, style, and booking as been largely the same on the rest of the card and occasionally just much worse. It's no surprise WWE has been bleeding fans, they treat them like morons and the whole product has been stale for almost a decade.
I felt like SmackDown was gold after the brand split in 2016 up until Ryan Ward got replaced

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
He had to help his brother Pendleton finish adventure time.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Being really beautiful is a perfectly okay gimmick, just like being really handsome like Rick Martel can be.

It's just usually done in really distasteful ways.

This is the third time a woman on the roster has been repackaged with a beautiful gimmick in the last few years. It never goes anywhere, because where on Earth could it go? Especially when being very attractive is a prerequisite for being a woman in WWE.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Momentary posted:

Perfection.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

JT Smiley posted:

This is the third time a woman on the roster has been repackaged with a beautiful gimmick in the last few years. It never goes anywhere, because where on Earth could it go? Especially when being very attractive is a prerequisite for being a woman in WWE.

They’re just hoping a resurgence of Playboy magazine to get them on centerfolds again.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Who is the top babyface in WWE right now?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

now that people aren't going to be googling his full name it has to be riddle

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Seams posted:

Drew McIntyre

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Invalid Validation posted:

They’re just hoping a resurgence of Playboy magazine to get them on centerfolds again.

I am always heartened by the story Trish Stratus tells about how during the heyday of WWE women wrestlers being in Playboy, (I even remember a storyline or two about it on WWE TV), she would be asked at least once or twice a year if she wanted a Playboy spread and she always turned them down.

Seams posted:

Slapjack.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Seams posted:

No one really, it’s a loving weird time. Smackdown is the top show and it’s mostly heels and tweeners.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
It's been a while, but I think there were a couple years where the main Divas feud was over who would get the cover of Playboy.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

probably, i'd say, edgar. for now

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Seams posted:

Drew. No idea who the top face on SD is. I suspect it doesn't matter since Roman is the top star of that show and any babyfaces are just gonna get fed to him.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Momentary posted:

Woof woof.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Jerusalem posted:

Codependent Poster noted in the Smackdown thread that it would have actually made sense if Bryan had beaten Jey and that was what caused Jey to snap. Instead Jey won, then just seemed to decide his main event victory meant he now needed to be subservient to Roman in order to succeed?

In a "normal" story (I guess...) the concept might be that accepting his subservience to Roman (secretly, without the audience's knowledge) gets him the win. Like, just drawing from other media, that would be my first inclination. But the way to sell that story in wrestling seems to me to be Roman actually helping Jey win in some way. Instead Jey just wins and proves that he is very good, and also now Roman's friend again. :shrug:

ICR posted:

Hey guys and gals I wanted to post this. Yes. It’s real. Yes, I didn’t finish the entire quote. I hope you understand.

This is at least his second Guitar On A Pole match. https://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2017-11-06/gallery/jason-jordan-vs-elias-guitar-on-a-pole-match-photos

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

MJeff posted:

No idea who the top face on SD is. I suspect it doesn't matter since Roman is the top star of that show and any babyfaces are just gonna get fed to him.

Speaking of which...two weeks after breaking them up for no reason, Big E is just not on the show anymore, huh?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Top face on SD is Sami Zayn after that promo last night

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DeepDickPizza posted:

Speaking of which...two weeks after breaking them up for no reason, Big E is just not on the show anymore, huh?

We are now on month 4 of Big E's singles push

Quantum of Phallus posted:

:hai:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

can i get an update on peyton royce's singles push

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nuh Uh. Sami is foreign, has an accent, and I hear he *whisper* gives money to charity*whisper*.

Does any of that seem like the actions of a babyface?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ItohRespectArmy posted:

can i get an update on peyton royce's singles push

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

imagine if kota and zsj signed back in 2016. lmao. just jesus christ ha ha

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Zack (just Zack, no last name) would be in skits where Otis kept trying to get him to eat more.

Ibushi would be WWE Champion and nobody including Vince or Kota himself would have any idea how it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/zacksabrejr/status/1119752914199703552