Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

What a poo poo company.

Reminds me of the story Hulk Hogan told about being in the AWA, when he began printing up Hogan shirts on his own, and selling them, and Verne Gagne demanded 50% of the profits.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

They've redesigned the Performance Center for Takeover

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1312763655948296192?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1312856100216209410?s=20

Having to watch through a chain link fence would be annoying

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1313539205113446403?s=19

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

So on the night one guy returns from an injury from doing a dive (Lumis), another guy gets injured doing a dive?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

I apologize for making light of it earlier, that's a really nasty injury and I hope Dirk Nurgles returns soon.

Get well soon, Gander Mountain

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=140307

Hahaha. Mercedes aka Retribution's Retaliation is going back to NXT

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

quote:

WWE announced during this week's episode of Talking Smack that Humberto Carrillo, Drew Gulak, and Tucker have been drafted to Raw. It was also announced that Murphy and Kalisto have been drafted to SmackDown.

Those five names were among the remaining wrestlers left in the night one draft pool after last night's SmackDown. Mickie James, the rest of The Lucha House Party (Gran Metalik & Lince Dorado), and Shorty G were also in the night one draft pool but weren't selected. WWE has noted that any undrafted wrestlers "will immediately be declared free agents and able to sign with the brand of their choosing."

So RAW could've drafted Heavy Machinery together, but instead did it separate?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Vandar posted:

NIA HAS PUT LANA THROUGH A TABLE FOUR TIMES NOW

FOUR!

For gently caress's sake!

I bet they're doing this in hopes of trying to provoke some sort of public reaction out of Miro

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/NatbyNature/status/1315874528669708288?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/OfficialPWI/status/1316740619583315968?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Fair enough. But it does get people watching the show/engaged in the matches.

Which has always been my most immediate frustration with WWE. They take natural entertainers, charismatic people with athleticism and skill. And somehow drain all that is engaging, and charismatic and engaging about them away. True, a lot of these people still have athleticism, and technical skill, and show as much of that as they are allowed to.

But the important and frustrating question I always ask is HOW do you make someone with a spark in their eye, and who is fun to watch and easy to care about so bland? And HOW do you manage to do it so systematically?

Years and years of practice

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Vandar posted:

https://cultaholic.com/posts/report-why-wwe-split-up-the-new-day-revealed

Do you like Big E? Do you like his playful, goofy character?

TOO BAD gently caress YOU IT'S SERIOUS BUSINESS TIME

Well, thank god they did this, because there's absolutely no way to convey a character taking a run at a title seriously unless you change everything.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

And it looks like WWE successfully called their bluff if they're planning on sticking around.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Remember when they had one of those and it ended with both members of one team as the legal men, one pinned the other and they were declared the winners

The New Age Outlaws. Afterwards, the WWF instigated the "Outlaws" rule to prevent that from happening again.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Why would you even try that from the apron?

Talented people can do it.

Lacey is not one of those people.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Or because a 70 year old criminal told your children would starve if you didn't

It may not have been her idea is my point here.

She does a lovely one of the top rope; she probably (mistakingly) believed that she could do one to the floor. Remember when she tried to fault over the top rope?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1318643996449677312?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

I somehow never experienced that glitch as a kid but I assume if I buy another copy I won't be as lucky. I wish I hadn't gotten rid of all of the N64 poo poo I had as a kid, what a dope.

Never had it either. Guess I was lucky. And I had gotten a day of release copy

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I can't believe we missed the one year anniversary of the greatest HitC match, Seth Rollins vs The Fiend.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

But Rey Mysterio lost an eye!

After getting hurled from the roof of Titan Towers!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Pylons posted:

I don't necessarily mean in terms of potential or starpower as much as making him actually enjoy the business again.

Nah. Listening to Punk, he was one of the "WWE is the end all, be all of wrestling." He would've considered AEW a step down, or tried to use it to leverage a better position with WWE.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Liquid Communism posted:

It's been so long since I watched NXT that I swear 90% of these are made up names from a create-a-wrestler generator.

Not going to lie, in the last WWE game I bought (2K17), I created a guy, and using the call names list, I created a guy called "Drake Maverick". Fast forward a year later when WWE debuts a guy with the same name.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think it's because he has no martial arts training, no amateur wrestling background, and got a lucrative deal based off of the fame he accrued from a business he only has spite for.

Someone post that gif of Punk trying to put an MMA armbar on a prone Jericho. Jericho's not even fighting him, and Punk can't pull it off. It boggles the mind that Punk thought he could do it for real.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

Didn't Booker T have a wrestling school? If he still does it probably makes sense for him to keep kissing Vince's butt so he can sell potential students on getting a look from WWE.

He has his own promotion (Reality of Wrestling) that he once pitched as a developmental territory, but WWE turned him down and went with Steve Keirn's FCW instead.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

oldpainless posted:

I’m sure Bayley Sasha will be good in ring action with some dumb rear end ending to make everyone dislike it

Charlotte will somehow win the match

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

So Orton vs. the Fiend then.

Yep. Again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007