Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

Another Jey vs Roman match? Didn't they already milk Jey's grossly one sided sympathetic beatdown? Like that card is dealt, it's been played, you can't shuffle it back in.

Counterpoint: HEEEEAAAAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ChrisBTY posted:

As is wont to happen when you have a story's climax like 3 weeks into it.
Speaking of tribal chief and Samoans; Vince's relationship with them is so weird. Like, still racist ('a generation ago you'd have a bone in your nose pal') but seemingly favored in terms of professional advancement.

Similar to college football - still racist but they can make you a lot of money and that rules all.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CobiWann posted:

I guess AJ told Vince he's not handing over his Twitch.

"Well dog-gonnit I'm 'nna go to the edge of the earth before y'all take my Twitch!"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Vince is gonna flip

Vince: "I never said that"
Everyone: "You said that you son of a bitch"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lol there's plexiglass behind the chain link

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Everyone join me in prayer that Velveteen Dream losing tonight means he is drafted to Raw tomorrow.

Newest member of the Hurt Business

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I am taking it that Takeover was super exciting based on a 3 page thread and absolutely no discussion of it in the general thread...how the mighty have fallen.

KOR/Balor was a legitimately great match at least.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

To me it's just funny they saw AEW re-brand their weekly show "Bash at the Beach" and are doing the exact same thing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Benne posted:

If Renee was a wrestler you know drat well Vince would've done the exact same thing to her

I think Renee is also a Brock case in that Vince knew she could've gone any number of other places in a heartbeat.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Is this what we're talking about?

https://streamable.com/cr0z6k

Oh my God you can hear the snap :stonk:

And then of course his blood-curdling screams in pain.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

https://streamable.com/v4zka2

The amount of loving camera cuts in a scene of three guys looking sad is beyond parody.

Big E is either the greatest actor or he was legit processing that as it happened and fighting back a lot of frustration.

Also, I'd like to think New Day are immune to WWE's lies. Especially Xavier now that WWE's undone literally all the work he's done for friends getting them set up on Twitch, YouTube, etc.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Has Austin been on Twitch this weekend and has there been any commentary on the draft?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

I thought you meant Stone Cold and honestly I would watch the poo poo out of that

Dammit I even had this post as Xavier, then Woods, then Austin Creed.

But Stone Cold on Twitch *would* be amazing. "This guy's the imposter and that's the bottom line because Stone Cold said so!" Who's gonna argue with that?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

"Hell in a Cell Match with No Finish" is a pretty good indictment of modern day WWE, ain't it

They did at least a few more watch-alongs after X-Pac poo poo all over the DQ finish, right? Or did that kill it right there?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Everything you need to know about WWE is the culture that gets talked about where everyone tries to tear you down or put down how your gimmick won't work (referring to the conversation on this week's New Day Podcast). To the point where, on the flip side, former WWE guys speak glowingly of AEW and how everyone is building each other up and trying to make money.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

I appreciate the context

I listened to the song and I don't understand what portion they even used for an intro, none of it really lends itself well for a theme song and I dont want to watch the show to find out

I closed the thread right before your post to watch the video and came to post this exact same question.

Although a song about mental illness is fitting for a Raw theme.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Adding to the Konnor, Mox, and Viking Experience/Raiders examples is a common theme of antagonism and setting people up to fail called out on both New Day and Talk N Shop podcasts. WWE culture is completely hosed and it's 100% Vince's fault.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Petition to change the thread title to "remember to keep registering your balls".

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DeepDickPizza posted:

Completely unrelated to the very bad looking episode of Raw...

So Seth is still doing the Monday Night Messiah gimmick on Smackdown, right? Despite not being on Monday Night and and no longer having any disciples? Does he still use the lovely music?

Friday Night Father?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh poo poo an actual mainstream report on Mel Phillips?! Good.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

check the byline

Oh good call. I was trying to see if it was actually about Phillips before the ad blocker warning came up so I didn't see it :v:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

lol I'm glad Riddle is getting WWE'd. I want the sex pest to be made into an absolute joke if they won't fire him.

I also like that the Trump campaign doesn't know wrestling is fake.

I see what you did there.

First thing I thought of too. Proving you don't have to be smart to get rich in America. You're either born into it, you're a massive rear end in a top hat, or both.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

oh but seriously I posted:

It was an insignificant ricochet.

Here's hoping they shorten Ricochet's name to Chet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

WWE has to be taking a cut from UUDD and they still shut him down

Isn't UUDD already set up like the ideal WWE model though? They're getting their cut and have at least some stretch of creative control since they cut released names out of the Battle of the Brands series.