Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

gronk retired, found cbd, got a grip of money from wwe to do almost nothing, and then got a grip of money from the bucs to do almost nothing

i live in pats country and thought he was a meathead but he might be a loving genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

taking control of the channels is bad enough, counting it against their downside is outright monstrous

blunt posted:

I can't imagine Paige's downside guarantee is much more than the money she makes streaming anyway.

she probably makes less on her downside, which is the point

once she hits that downside they have no obligation to pay her for her duties per the contract. which means she wouldn't get a cent of any further streaming money for the year.

doubleedit: I think it was ftr that said they weren't paid for the last three months of their contract because they hit the downside early

Critical fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 2, 2020

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Huh? That's not how it works. She would only get streaming money she makes ABOVE her downside. She would be working for free until that point.

i thought the downside was the minimum they would make for the year with caveat "we may pay you bonuses for ppvs and other etherial factors but thats not a guarantee"

if they take complete control of her twitch income, whats to stop them from saying "Well you made you $XXXk you were contracted for, we'll just keep the rest?"

im prob wrong it's been a long day

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

The downside is the minimum they are required to pay you.

Your "pay" is made up of what they pay you for live events, PPVs, merchandising, etc. If the total you "earn" from that equals $499,000 and your downside for the year is 500K, you make 500K, that's it.

If all of that money comes out to $700,000, you make $700,000.

Paige might not even be on a talent deal anymore, but assuming she is, she just makes her downside from the company. So she gets X money no matter what. She shows up to do Backstage or promo work or whatever, but she's basically just making that downside.

So let's say she's making 40K per month on Twitch and her downside is 250K.

She'd make almost 500K a year on Twitch, but if that counts against her downside she's now working for WWE for no reason. That downside money is worthless because she'll make more on Twitch, so she's working for WWE for nothing. Just so they can take her money and give her scraps.

If her downside is 600K, then she has no reason to work on Twitch because she won't see a dime over 600K.

so basically the opposite of what i said with the same result of talent getting hosed

i'm doing the math here and it says wwe sucks poo poo

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Sean Morley's position has gone unfilled for too long, it's time for a new Chief of Staff.

They got one, his name is Dr Amann

cause he's the chief of staph

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Considering where he is, either Raskolnikov is right or Punk hosed up saving his money really really badly.

Dude is well known to be cheap as gently caress and banked almost everything he made from WWE. Not even sure what you're referencing here. His last gig was the fox deal where he worked every third week so he could poo poo on his former employer which sounds like a net win to me no matter how few viewers it got.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

ICR posted:

drat pour one out for a fallen homie named Raw Underground.

Creative gonna have to let go of all the talent they signed to Raw Underground too.

How tragic. drat. drat!

shane was directing the help to set up the warehouse ring when a storage box blew open with a loud CLANG! a head clad in a leopard skin pimp hat popped out and shane flinched; it was the ultimate hustler

"raw underground, more like ratings underground. tyler durden ran a tighter ship than this. who you all got fighting down here? kimbo slice and dada 5000?"

shane winced as the hustler flew through the air and landed behind him. the hustler's breath tickled his ear as he whispered

"your dad wished prichard was his son instead of you. happy birthday shane"

shane let out the breath he held, thinking the verbal salvo over. but as the hustler floated out the door, he shouted "and tell drake I ain't signing poo poo for his dumbass charity. motherfucker looks like a circus peanut anyway"

shane studied his brand new jordans and had only one thought: "drat"

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Braun Strowman is a giant loving idiot with dumb toddler face.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

Imagine being a jobber in 80's and early 90's cartoon era WWF

How do you explain to your kids that you are a professional wrestler for the biggest wrestling company in the US but no one will ever know your name, you never win and you are still making poverty level money

Most of em were local guys and trainees. Foley says in his book most guys would only take the gig a couple times so they weren't recognized on tv as a jobber. Foley only did it once I think and got his jaw broken by Dynamite Kid for his trouble.

Then you had Horowitz and Brooklyn Brawler who made decent careers out of it. I remember a local feed from the Boston Garden where Horowtiz had a banger ten minute match with someone I can't recall.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

I appreciate the context

I listened to the song and I don't understand what portion they even used for an intro, none of it really lends itself well for a theme song and I dont want to watch the show to find out

i actually like nf and have no idea why that song was chosen. nothing he's done really has the hype you need

bring back tonight is the night

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

squareknot

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

you cannot tell me with so many hands in the pot that no one, not one person, could come up with something better than haunted house of terror match. 1950s horror movie rear end name. they are completely bereft of creativity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I was over McAfee a while ago where his podcast peanut gallery was telling a story involving him where he wasn't in the room. All of a sudden he swoops in with his hair hosed up wearing a barber's smock to interject, explaining he was getting his hair cut by the brand barber or whatever. It felt like the whole thing was planned so he could flex their podcast bunker has their own personal hairstylist now.