Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm curious. When was the last year the WWE operated at a loss and wasn't making a profit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/1312052439021809665?s=20

Apparently Kairi is going to still be working with the WWE in some capacity. :negative:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

NXT Japan was always what she was going back to Japan to do

Didn't Meltzer report earlier this year that NXT Japan was dead and they weren't going through with it?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

So I heard Lana ate another squash pin tonight and then got put through a table by Nia? For like, the third week in a row?

Someone's mad her husband went to AEW, ain't they?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Here's a question, and I apologize for tangentially bringing AEW into the WWE thread:

Given how Vince is punishing Lana for the crime of marrying Miro. And how he punished Miro for the same crime whilst he was still there.

Why isn't he punishing Adam Cole? Coz Britt Baker is very pretty, AND a doctor! So she is clearly out of the league of Adam Cole who is short, and therefore an unperson.

So using Vince's logic he should be angry at Cole for being able to 'score' a hot chick whilst not being tall, or overly muscly.

Britt Baker isn't blonde so she barely registers on Vince's radar.

Also Adam Cole is American and not a dirty stinkin' foreigner like Miro. Only us red-blooded Americans should be allowed to have sexy blonde women, pal! Stinkin' communists like Rusev need to stay the hell away from 'em, dammit! [/vince]

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't see how anyone can say Lana is being buried when she's never been presented as anything but a heel who can't wrestle. She's getting memorable spots every week and probably isn't capable of having good matches so what is a better use for her?
It's not being buried so much as it is being punished / being humiliated.

Her husband shows up in AEW and on the next episode of Raw she eats a pin in a tag match and gets put through a table by the most unsafe worker in the company immediately after. You could call that a coincidence, but then it happens again, and then again, and the person putting her through the table isn't even involved with the matches!

We know that Vince is petty as gently caress, and we know that he's always hated Lana and Rusev being together. He's definitely got it out for her, and it's pretty obvious given Vince's history.

jesus WEP posted:

Being a heel manager, y’know the thing that got her hugely over in the first place?
^This. She was incredibly good at the heel manager role, so of course they had to try and take that away from her.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

See also: Zelina Vega

The dissolution of Zelina Vega and Her Squad of Hunky Dudes was an absolutely boneheaded decision. :colbert:

TheKingslayer posted:

And people act like Lana being treated as a jobber previously wasn't also because of some kind of grudge. Vince is being given too much credit.

There's a difference between 'being treated as a jobber' and 'having the most unsafe worker in the company put you through a table, multiple times even, while totally ignoring the team they're actually feuding with'.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1315396796135477249?s=20

I'm probably looking at it too hard but randomly promoting a match between someone who can't wrestle anymore that you're not using and someone you actually dislike and tried to screw over seems a little distasteful to me.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.bodyslam.net/2020/10/11/exclusive-wwes-lars-sullivan-caught-harassing-woman-on-instagram/

Lars Sullivan? Being a giant creep? Say it ain’t so!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

NIA HAS PUT LANA THROUGH A TABLE FOUR TIMES NOW

FOUR!

For gently caress's sake!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Asuka vs. Lana is going to end with Nia showing up to put Lana through a table, mark my words.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I miss The Bar.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The problem is, Vince is never going to die. His mom is still alive! One hundred years old!

Vince is going to outlive all of us.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

I wonder if Cheatum the evil midget is still alive. Don’t tell me if he’s not

There is someone that we were like ninety percent certain was Cheatum on an episode of Dynamite once. I don't think we ever got it confirmed but we were all pretty sure it was him.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

She was champion for half of the period the list covers. Arguably should be #1. (Maybe more? I think the men's list goes June to June, so I'd imagine this goes a month or two later since it comes out an issue later.)

The women's list is August to August, I think?

Hard disagree with Becky being number one. Bayley's been the Smackdown champion for the full year, a tag champion for three months out of it, and has been one of the few highlights of the WWE (if not the best part overall) over the past year, especially during the COVID era of things.

Charlotte absolutely shouldn't be that high, though.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://cultaholic.com/posts/report-why-wwe-split-up-the-new-day-revealed

Do you like Big E? Do you like his playful, goofy character?

TOO BAD gently caress YOU IT'S SERIOUS BUSINESS TIME

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Andrast posted:

how long until Big E was always bad

If anyone tries to always bad Big E, I am going to be very upset and complain about it very loudly on the internet!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

If the stuff with Sonya stalker IRL didn't happen, Otis was most likely going to use his briefcase as a bargaining chip so that Mandy didn't have to shave her hair or leave the company or whatever, right?

I can't imagine a world where Otis has a cash-in against either of the current champions, but I can totally see him giving it to Sonya as a way of protecting his peach.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Table number five for Lana, for those of you keeping track at home.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

There's people still saying that this Lana thing isn't retaliation or a burial because she won a battle royal, but on Moxley's way out he tried to have him job to Nia Jax, the same woman who's just putting Lana through tables over and over

Those people are dumb. She won the battle royal by sneaky methods and then lost to Asuka in like sub-five minutes...and then went through table number five!

She is absolutely being punished and only the worst Vincels can argue otherwise at this point.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

OctoberCountry posted:

The Iconics aren't good promos

You're right. They were a great promo. :colbert:

Benne posted:

Weren't the Beautiful People a legit ratings draw at one point

The TNA women's division as a whole was a draw, and I'm pretty sure for a while they were the highest rated part of the show.

AND THEN ALONG CAME HOGAN! :bahgawd:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Vince always hated Miro. The gorgeous blonde dares to like the foreign man she bonded with over going to church together?

Three separate cucking angles. Three! It's absolutely ridiculous!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

kitten emergency posted:

nothing matters

NXT call-ups after Vince gives them a bad gimmick and an awful costume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX-YfuVQmX8

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

If Randy actually put more effort into his matches he'd be a lot more respected and liked, but he figured out a long time ago that he doesn't have to put in much work, the WWE is going to keep him around and push the heck out of him no matter what.

He doesn't care because he doesn't have to care.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I know it'll never happen in a million years but I'd honestly like to see what Orton could do in another company where he actually has a reason to give a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

...Styles has his own discord server?