Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://m.facebook.com/DirtSheetRadio/posts/370159347683853

Tessa training with Sasha?

Just posted today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Friend and friends, I am so excited to have this announced shortly whenever AEW announces their second show and the day and time for it each week.

This will be quality programming I have no doubts. None whatsoever!

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1311704802091577347?s=21

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I saw that! Yeah, didn’t have a choice I’m guessing. Such is life with the E.

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1311795487251591168?s=21

drat, can’t believe this ethical place really is doing this I am shocked.

A company ruled by its politics I love it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The only way anything changes is if people stop spending any money on them and stop watching.

You gotta send a message by hitting them in their pocket books and in the areas they care about.

Because this might as well be slavery when no other wrestling organizations are doing this poo poo.

It’s gross.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1311833995655753729

I want this company to burn. I swear, we need other companies to flourish so badly.

We need better owners in wrestling. And the promotions to thrive. Thank god for AEW but we desperately need others to take off too.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

Gronk is a secret genius. He also got to train during the pandemic by signing with the WWE, then immediately left after Wrestlemania. Basically, got to get paid to train, then bolted.

I can’t believe how genius Gronk really is...for real.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

Here's the thing; right now it seems like the only people who have to send WWE money are FOX and USA on their TV deals. Until those expire WWE is going to pile bank. Once those expire? Well we'll see where a 1.5-1.8 with a .nothing in the demo gets them. Probably more than we'd like.

WWE benefits from being the corporate megalith of their field, being able to coast on their brand and legacy to both a diehard contingent of diehard fans and a generation of wrestlers who grew up on it with stars in their eyes, and a combination of powerful political allies and cultural apathy towards anything they do. Vince made his own universe and he makes his rules in his universe. He won't stop, he has to be stopped. But who will?

No doubt. You’re right on all this.

I think the independent contractors would need to band together here I guess. That’s all I can think of.

I would say “well Vince has to die” but we are just getting another version of him no matter who takes over.

“The talent needs to bet on themselves more and demand change” but they don’t really have a voice.

“But WWE is the dream for wrestlers and the only way and the viewers are indoctrinated to what was the only game in town for 21 years” but until other companies bring their action and sustainability (one company is in AEW and I think they have the best shot to stick around in a healthy fashion) then this will be tough.

It’s gonna be a long road. :(

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah. They have no voice.

https://twitter.com/roderickstrong/status/1311800371149451266?s=20

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah the only pushback this is going to get is that trips is going to find it harder to sign indie darlings since WWE isn't the place you go for a paycheck anymore

And this is when I’ll really be a judgmental dick is for indie talent AFTER THIS that still signs with them.

They clearly have enough talent to run their show forever. Hell, 60 year Undertaker would come back and get a main event spot. They don’t need to sign anybody at all.

But yeah, if you sign there now, you’re either just in their ideology like Braun Strowman or you really are a goddamn moron and the last thing I want to do is cheer on is that combo in 2020 and on.

oldpainless posted:

No one is gonna push back against Vince. No one else can be the tribal chief. No one is gonna take his place at the head of the table.

But yeah, just do anything to say this isn’t right. They’re not going to release you. They own you so you won’t go to the competition now. That’s the entire plan in this cog.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Akileese posted:

WWE have a roster that's a mix of complacent, bootlickers, and just happy to be there. They'll grumble, they'll be quoted anonymously as being very unhappy with this change, and maybe they'll even make a tweet of mild disgust!

They're doing this because they know the roster will eat poo poo and like it.

Bingo. Sucks, but it’s fact.

There is a very very very small minority that I feel don’t align with this at all. Daniel Bryan comes to mind and that’s all I can think of.

And even then, I may be wrong. I speculate a lot. I just feel he’s one of those “would love to leave OR SPEAK UP but can’t or just won’t and whatever let it ride.”

More so, just to speak up and be a voice for the other side. That’s I think what I mean. Somebody needs to do it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Seth: This is such a great day. No more social media. Thank god.
Prospect: Yeah, I feel like this is wrong...
Seth: Trust me, this is great. You want it to be like this. Trust me...
Prospect: Yeah...no...
Seth: You need to understand this is a good thing.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Do Seth and Braun and Ricochet have cameos?

I ask only because I can see them bootlicking this move and saying it’s great even though they don’t have their own...but maybe they do have ones they use to connect with fans?

If not, then lol, of course they don’t.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

loving love Effy.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

I'm sorry but I can't think of the majority of the wrestlers of WWE in any kind of negative light about this. Sure there are some bootlicking assholes at the top of the card like Braun, but as someone whose industry was eradicated by COVID, I will never fault anyone for doing whatever it takes to keep a job right now. This is survival, and it isn't their fault. I'd love if they organized a walk out, a strike, or anything like it but bills keep coming and wrestling is such a niche thing it's not likely the populace will come out to support them. They are for the majority the victims here, in my mind it's not fair to judge the wrestlers for the most part.

Good post. Can’t fault anything you said.

Let me just add my piece and peace to this a la resigned to re-sign a point I must make.

I don’t care this happened during COVID so you gotta do what you gotta do. I understand that point, but I’m talking about everything else not pandemic related.

The upper management players have always silenced their performers and acted like they own them. This particular instance just so happened in a vulnerable position with a pandemic going on. There has been negative press after negative press after negative press with this company. It only lives because of its name value, its political roots and its die hard fans who simply don’t know how to quit. Addiction is tough. I understand that and my condolences go out to those who struggle.

There was a time I sided with the talent. A very, very select few I still do. Basically, the ones who signed eons ago when there was no other company to work for. This industry was a monopoly and only last year finally saw an OPTION to perform their craft on TV. If you’re a talent who is a TV performer and you do this craft because you want to entertain millions, you only have two options. Two. You used to only have one. Impact and other promotions exist because well, you either aren’t ready for that or simply don’t want that. That’s extreme pressure and judgment and you gotta be ready and wanting it.

Every. Single. Performer. Knows. Exactly. What. They. Are. Getting. Into. When. They. Sign. With. The. WWE. In. Its. Current. State.

I can fault performers for years ago. I understand why they probably signed.

But my point I have is that this isn’t some new issue either. This has been ongoing forever at this point and it got especially bad a few years ago as Vince really showed he isn’t mentally fit to run a company anymore. He’s out of touch with the times. We have a 70+ year old calling the shots for 20-40 year olds like he knows them. He promises a dream just based on the name “WWE” alone.

This industry is desperate for change. It craves it and it needs it. It was destined to die off if no other company formed and thank god one did that has a chance to survive and even that isn’t guaranteed.

There’s a chance this twitch and cameo ban doesn’t last and then people say, “See! Vince came to his senses it’s ok now!”

It’s not OK because then it’ll be something else. The world has passed Vince by and he is going to kill his company when he dies too.

And I say bring it on because maybe it’ll spawn a new company, lead by real leaders who want talent to thrive, employees to be happy and fair and just treatment to those who want to love their craft, show that love and be loved by not just their fans, but by all people who can classify this and appreciate this as a SPORT.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sometimes it feels like a hostage situation where you can see out the window and you’re flagging for help or maybe you want to flag for help but you can’t. What if you’re seen?

I just want somebody to stick up for this and say this ain’t right instead of “guess I gotta close this cameo now see ya!” Or “guess I gotta change my name here ok see ya!”

They don’t need to quit, they can’t. They should, but they can’t.

But they should be allowed to have a voice here and say this isn’t fair.

It happens in other sports constantly. CONSTANTLY.

I just want to know that my wrestlers I used to follow are not hostages. Among many, many other things but I gotta wrap this message up because I got a call for work now! And I must post.

Edit: like the NFL, enough bitching about certain rules or things and then they have a chance for change.

This stuff happening for WWE doesn’t even allow that discourse.

ICR fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 2, 2020

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

WON: Regarding the recent news of WWE taking over Twitch accounts, One talent said, “This is amazing because it’s really going to open up the independent contractor issue. All these smart attorneys surrounding Vince and this is the battle he wants?”

[From Today's Wrestling Observer Newsletter](https://www.f4wonline.com/october-5-2020-observer-newsletter-njpw-shakeup-wwe-talent-and-3rd-party-deals-more-321566)

>One talent said, “This is amazing because it’s really going to open up the independent contractor issue. All these smart attorneys surrounding Vince and this is the battle he wants?”

>They also noted a lot of talent is livid, but as is usually the case in these situations, nobody would speak up about it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

It is OK to get mad at wrestlers who let the company walk all over them.

Sports fans do it all the time. The NFLPA is routinely criticized for being weak. The MLBPA has been mocked in recent years as the owners have gotten everything they wanted while the players got screwed.

And sometimes these players even say no! UFC fighters sometimes say no to Dana and make demands. They hold out of fights for more money, demand to renegotiate, etc. They'll talk poo poo about Dana and the company when they are mad. (Most won't, but some do!) The baseball owners tried to completely screw over the players for a COVID season and the players actually held the line and got something kind of reasonable from the owners.

WWE Superstars (tm) never stand up for themselves. They didn't this spring when their pay went down from the lack of shows, they went outside WWE to make money from social media. They didn't stand up for themselves when WWE wasn't even taking basic safety precautions. Now when the thing they did to make up lost wages is taken away from them they probably won't speak up.

What a phenomenal post.

GLORIOUS, I would say.

Yeah, this is it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://411mania.com/wrestling/alleged-email-sent-to-wwe-talent-about-third-party-platforms-leaks-online/

quote:

It was reported last night that WWE is planning to take over the Twitch accounts of various WWE stars within four weeks. The wrestlers will get a percentage of the profits while WWE has control, but that percentage will also go against their downside guarantees. This comes after WWE asked talent to no longer participate in any authorized business relationships with third party platforms.

Fightful Select claims to have obtained a copy of the email that was sent to talent regarding third party business relationships, from Vince McMahon himself.

It reads: “Just a friendly reminder that this Friday, October 2 is the deadline for severing any unauthorized business relationships with 3rd parties. As was mentioned in my September 3 message, continued violations beyond this deadline will results in fines and may result in suspension of termination. If you need further details, please contact our EVP of Operations, Brad Blum. Thank you. Vince.”

It’s notable that the email doesn’t mention specifically that WWE is taking over Twitch accounts, but that could be in a different email. WWE has yet to comment on the matter either way.

It was noted that a message was also sent to Performance Center trainees this week asking them to shut down or make their Cameo pages unbookable. It was noted that more details would come soon, and they eventually did. WWE had finalized an agreement to keep wrestlers on Cameo and told them how to “opt in.” Payments for the service will now go through WWE.

ICR fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 2, 2020

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Guessing because it’s $5 better than an AEW PPV maybe?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I wish I was this soulless

https://mobile.twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1312835969683464192?s=19

loving minors is just a show of immaturity. You know; doing illegal criminal poo poo. Just immaturity. Grooming and having an inappropriate relationship with a minor. Yeah, I remember when I was an immature. Oh wait, yeah, I didn’t do this poo poo. That’s not what immature means.

loving gently caress...

quote:

Triple H says that Velveteen Dream is still finding his way and that the immaturity that he's presented in his personal life sometimes negatively impacts his professional life.

Velveteen Dream, at one point, was the future of NXT. 2020 has changed that trajectory greatly. This year would see Velveteen Dream face several accusations of sexual misconduct with minors. The first accusation even surfaced prior to the #SpeakingOut movement that impacted all of the wrestling world this summer.

Shortly after the second set of accusations was made public through the movement, Dream, whose real name is Patrick Clark, was involved in a car accident and taken off of NXT television right after facing Adam Cole for the NXT title at TakeOver: In Your House in a Backlot Brawl.

Dream would resurface in August and Triple H would say on multiple occasions that the company looked into the accusations and found it appropriate to continue moving forward with Velveteen on NXT.

Today, in a Q&A session prior to NXT TakeOver 31, Triple H spoke about the personal immaturity of Velveteen Dream when discussing his upcoming match against Kushida on tonight’s event.

”Coming off of what was a bit of a rough year for Velveteen Dream. reorganizing himself, you know? Dream is one of those young guys that still hasn't quite found his way yet of who he wants to be. I think sometimes that weighs on him. His immaturity in his life presents itself in his professional life and makes it difficult for him sometimes.”

Triple H would say that if Dream thought he was going to derail Kushida’s “rub,” he's got another thing coming, saying that Kushida is a talent that knows he belongs in a bigger spot on the brand.

Fightful will have live coverage of tonight's event beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET.

ICR fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 4, 2020

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Actually impressed that he made himself look even worse here, because now he's admitting something happened.

That’s what the comments are saying too. Even from pro-WWE people.

They really do just expect this to blow over or just to accept it happened and live with it.

It’s so abusive to viewers, victims and to their own independent contractors who actually do care. I’m assuming most of them don’t, and welp, that should be different.

Please for once in this company, let there be actual repercussions.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

If HHH actually believes the screenshots (video!) were faked then he's admitting that Dream's disappearances were drug related as was rumored at the time.

Oh!!! Ok got it! I’m tracking with you.

Well poo poo!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Being a pedophile is sooooo immature. Grow up

Dream: Mr. 3 H’s, I diddled. And beat the poo poo out of a car. And I do horrible things involving minors.

H3: lol you’re so immature just lol. You gotta stop that pal lol. You got a match tonight with Kushida and you’re going over.

Dream: Wait, so I’m good? I was literally preparing for the worst. I said I did horrible things to minors. I have a drug problem.

H3: Well, thats fake news to me. Just try to stop doing that stuff if you can. If possible.

Dream: I need therapy and help.

H3: Well, just try to stop. It’s no big deal. You’re young. We are all immature when we are young. Have a good match tonight.

How I imagine the convo went at this point.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Absolutely groundbreaking. Absolutely gotta pay the $55 to see this revolution LIVE.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Barstool Sports CEO just joined the WWE Board of Directors. Pretty much perfect alignment with WWE line of thinking so it’s loving hilarious.

And of course this.

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/barstool-sports-threatens-to-fire-employees-union-organization-1203300790/

The founder has an extreme hatred toward unions. And many, many other things.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Vince just posted along with that that he is eager to see a young kid like HHH run the company in 45 years when he passes on to the nether realm.

Very excited to see what this young pup can do with as Chairman.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

"I learned it's really bad, thank you Vince"

This is probably what she means sadly. Hopefully not though!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

WWE is the equivalent of a nursing home. One that pays you to be there.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Isn’t there an old WWE ad they ran that went, “I’m not a wrestling fan, I’m a WWE fan.”

Which basically seems spot on for these guys where I guess it’s illegal and against the law to talk about the world around it except for WWE.

If it doesn’t exist in WWE’s universe, it isn’t real, which just blows my mind. Like, where is the country of WWE located and what kinds of jobs and hobbies exist to do there?

Is there hiking? Please tell me there’s hiking. The population of 1.5 million has to do something besides WWEing right?!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

Riddick Moss has been working with a torn ACL for 2 months

Riddick Moss has been working hurt.

Over the past two months, Riddick Moss has been featured on Raw Underground and WWE Main Event. Things have seemed normal for the former 24/7 Champion, but Moss revealed in a new Instagram post that he's been working with a torn ACL this whole time. Moss tore his Achilles in May 2018, but was able to return in November 2018

WWE Files Trademarks On NXT UK Ring Names And 'Austin 3:16'
RELATED ARTICLE
WWE Files Trademarks On NXT UK Ring Names And 'Austin 3:16'
Over the past 2 months, Riddick Moss has gone undefeated in both #RawUnderground and the #WWEThunderdome, showing elite power, speed, agility, and explosion. While training, I’ve squatted 500, deadlifted 600, and broad jumped over 10’.

I have done all of this with a torn ACL.

When you have such high expectations for yourself, it’s hard to exceed them. But drat... even I was impressed with Riddy Mo on this one. 100% real talk, I don’t know of anyone else who could’ve done all of this. I am everything I’ve said I am - best athlete in the industry, Baddest MoFo on the Show, and a true Outlier. It speaks to my unmatched training, world-class athleticism, and extraordinary toughness. In other words, it’s a testament to the Riddick Regimen. And if you didn’t already believe in the Regimen, just wait til you see THIS comeback.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/...dlvr.it.organic

Riddick, it’s not worth it.

To think, he probably feels he can’t leave to get it fixed because he’ll lose his spot. Yes, I’m being serious. Main Event and Underground.

Go get your ACL fixed bruh

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://itrwrestling.com/news/latest-on-planned-nxt-underground-show/

quote:

Latest On Planned NXT Underground Show

By Dante Richardson. Published 6th October 2020.
SHARE:

A second NXT show called NXT Underground was pitched last year, according to Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful on the Monday Night Live podcast, and it may yet still see the light of day.

Although it shares the same name as WWE’s MMA-inspired RAW Underground concept, the idea of the show was actually rather different.

The plan was that NXT Underground would be a vehicle to promote new stars – a developmental for the former “developmental” territory, if you will, since NXT ceased being a developmental brand in its own right since it started on the USA Network last September.

The pitch, which was a Ryan Katz (Fabian Kaelin on MTV’s Wrestling Society X back in 2006) project, would see upcoming talent, new additions to the roster and unused NXT wrestlers competing while their NXT peers were watching in the crowd – which is one element that would have been similar to RAW Underground.

A pilot for the show was actually filmed back in July but it never got off the ground at that time. However, Sapp reports that the idea has been brought up again recently and plans were tentatively put in place to launch the second show, with several of the new EVOLVE signings planned to be involved.

Sapp notes there was talk of the show launching in the coming months, but that appears to be on the backburner, for now at least, likely due to the Covid outbreaks at the Performance Center and the changes to the facility to morph it into the Capitol Wrestling Center.

While it could be argued the last thing WWE needs is more hours of programming, as a concept it sounds like an interesting idea. It would certainly be a far less high-pressure way to debut and try out new talent than on a prime time cable show

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I need WWE to counter every wrestling show. Do MLW, Impact, all the AEW shows, and maybe even counter their own shows too.

If the wrestling is on TV, I need a WWE program to slot in against it.

And then counter the counter.

And the counter the counter OF the counter!

It’s seamless.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You bust your rear end on the indies so you can finally reach the holy land of Chick-fil-A nuggets with Polynesian sauce catered to the back room, which is where you’ll be for 90% of your tenure due to busting your rear end on the indies.

Godspeed young Padawan*. Godspeed.

*young Padawan can be any wrestler between the ages of 20-50 who earned their contract.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

loving LOL

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Raw Ratings for 10/5/2020: 6th/7th/8th - .56/.52/.49 - 1,791/1,666/1,601 million viewers

Hour 1 down 165,000 compared to last week.
Hour 2 down 158,000 compared to last week.
Hour 3 down 86,000 compared to last week.

Talk about getting absolutely loving slaughtered.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Orange Carlisle posted:

Time to bring back Shane

Or has Shane never left I honestly can't keep track nowadays

True it is time to bring back SLAPJACK

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

If NXT got rid of it's men's division it'd improve the show a lot.

I’ll also add:

If NXT forgot about AEW for once AND moved to Tuesday, they’d probably be able to make a better show and gain a fan base.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah...and WWE continues promoting and giving power to guys like this. How does this guy still work here and get to be a “superstar” pushed on screen to kids and families?

I ask the same of literally all the others who bring negative, disgusting energy to WWE. Dream, Devlin, Theory, and we can go on with over 20 more names alone this year.

I need to make a hard commitment that WWE doesn’t exist. I didn’t even read the draft results and I’m proud of that. Baby steps to never following this stain on humanity ever again.

STOP GIVING A PLATFORM FOR THESE TYPES OF PEOPLE, WWE.

And put the title on Del Rio, I know you want to WWE. It fits your culture.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ricochet is all that is wrong with the WWE and I’ll go ahead and dig my grave and die on that hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Akileese posted:

That's a very good and very valid rant. I really do think it's at simple as being all Vince though. WWE is a totalitarian state. Everything that they do is either made for or by Vince. The only exception was when he was facing extinction and WWE hasn't been in any financial trouble for over 20 years.

Vince has a natural disdain for his own existence as a carny so naturally he detests anyone who enjoys his product while simultaneously making GBS threads on anyone who doesn't like it.

He's one is the shittiest human beings alive so it's only natural that a company run by someone as vile as him rewards and attracts some of the worst people in the industry.

Great post.

And EMF, yours was too. It sucks to have something that you grew up on, were built on, just ripped out of you. I know I had a hard time letting go. Glad I did, but I know it isn’t easy and hope is real. Always hope maybe things will change.