Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Okay I already thought the company was monstrously evil for saying they'd be taking all the money for the wrestlers twitch/cameo stuff and giving a percentage back to the wrestlers..... but they're actually going to WITHHOLD money from wrestlers if they DON'T use stuff like twitch?

Well duh, if you don't do your contract-madated job you don't get paid. Simple as that silly billy.

Mike Johnson posted:

Once WWE’s new Twitch strategy manifests, talent appearances will be just another appearance by the company - no different from a match on a house show or an autograph signing in the pre-COVID days - and would not result in an extra payday. Instead, those Twitch appearances will morph into another requirement of the talents’ booking contracts as part of their downside guarantee. Instead of being the home they built for themselves, Twitch will instead be someone else’s property.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

J-Ro posted:

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1312761909339402241

*adds some chain-link fence to an otherwise unassuming sound-stage*

- PERFECT!

Triple H is the most boomer metal guy ever and the fact that it bleeds into everything in NXT is really funny.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

I just can't imagine what the thought process is there though? It's so hosed. I do get that they own "the name" but drat, it's just so crazy.

Let me crosspost from the Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinion thread where this very correct explanation was accidentally posted:

reddit user NotReady4Asuka posted:

Keeping your Twitch but only making money on there because you are famous should be nothing less than a negotiating piece. The Main Eventers can get it put in their contracts they get to keep theirs, just as Wrestling has always been, and needs to continue to be. Jobbers shouldn't be making money on this poo poo, the company should.

Long time coming. Had it with watching non Main Eventers make money like this just cause they are on the only show people actually watch. Force these assholes to have to actually work again, and a lot of the complacency will go away. Not everyone had everything handed to them like Hogan, so everyone else had to work, and that made it a better show. You want money, go loving earn it.

They only have fame to make that money because of the company they work for. They will still get a cut, which is all they deserve. The WWE created that money.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Benne posted:

We've talked before about how in WWE Black people can only wrestle each other, but this is getting into self-parody levels

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1313292317827227649

I'm not paying attention too much so maybe there's more examples of this but are you sure this isn't just the WWE thing of every feud is six months long and during that time the wrestlers can only interact with the people they started the feud with for the duration of that six months?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

For all the horror stories about working in WWE creative, the results of all that time and effort sure seems like the easiest poo poo to write. "I dunno, these two guys are mad at each other, they wrestle every show for the next six months. The End."

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Rarity posted:

You know what? I can't even bring myself to mock WWE's writing any more. It's just all so bad, a constant neverending treadmill of poo poo. There's not a single thing about this show that I want to see. It doesn't even deserve enough of my energy to laugh at it.

You complain now, but when we get the epic blow-off at the Rumble of Retribution vs The Hurt Business VII, you'll be glad you followed every heart-stopping twist and turn.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

NXT Results 10/7:
  • Ember Moon was advertised as opening the show, she didn't.

NXT really is a main brand now!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

You guys ready for some REAL SPORTS FEEL!?

Ryan Satin on FOX or something, I dunno posted:

EXCLUSIVE: 2020 WWE Draft Pool And Rules

FOX Sports has obtained the rules to this year’s WWE Draft, as well as the Superstar talent pools available for each night. Just like last year, WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon will preside over the WWE Draft to announce draft picks for Raw and SmackDown. Meanwhile, executives at FOX and USA Network have been working with WWE Management over the past few weeks in regard to their preferences for draft picks.

Here’s what we have been told are the rules this year:

• More than 60 Male Superstars, Female Superstars and Tag Teams have been placed into The 2020 WWE Draft

• Since Friday Night SmackDown is a two-hour show and Monday Night RAW is a three-hour show, for every two picks SmackDown has, RAW will get three picks

• Tag Teams still count as one pick unless FOX or USA Network (in conjunction with WWE Officials) wants to pick one Superstar from the team

• Any undrafted Superstars will immediately be declared free agents and be able to "sign" with the brand of their choosing

And here are the draft pools:

Night One

The draft pools show night one is STACKED with big names, including Universal Champion Roman Reigns, WWE Champion Drew McIntyre, Raw Women’s Champion Asuka, Seth Rollins, Sasha Banks and more.

Asuka
Sasha Banks
Bianca Belair
Dana Brooke
Humberto Carrillo
Elias
Angel Garza
Drew Gulak
Heavy Machinery (Otis & Tucker)
The Hurt Business (Lashley, Shelton Benjamin, Cedric Alexander and MVP)
Mickie James
Lucha House Party (Kalisto, Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado)
Drew McIntyre
Murphy
Rey & Dominik Mysterio
Naomi
The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods)
Roman Reigns
Ricochet
Seth Rollins
Mandy Rose
Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax
Shorty G
AJ Styles
Jey Uso

Night Two

RETRIBUTION with Mustafa Ali are included in the talent pool on night two and listed internally as having a sixth member named RETALIATION (which could be the name for Mercedes Martinez).

Other interesting Superstars in the pool include Dabba-Kato and Arturo Ruas from Raw Underground, Erik of The Viking Raiders (by himself) and Zelina Vega.

Monday Draft Pool

Andrade
Bayley
Aleister Black
Alexa Bliss
Daniel Bryan
Carmella
King Corbin
Apollo Crews
Nikki Cross
Dabba-Kato
Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode
Erik (of The Viking Raiders)
Lacey Evans
Charlotte Flair
Jeff Hardy
Billie Kay
Lana
Keith Lee
The Miz & John Morrison
Riddick Moss
Natalya
Titus O’Neil
Randy Orton
Kevin Owens
R-Truth
RETRIBUTION (Mustafa Ali, T-BAR, MACE, SLAPJACK, RECKONING & RETALIATION)
Matt Riddle
The Riott Squad (Ruby Riott & Liv Morgan)
Peyton Royce
Arturo Ruas
Sheamus
Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro
The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford)
Braun Strowman
Tamina
Akira Tozawa
Zelina Vega
Bray Wyatt
Sami Zayn

Now that the pools have been finalized, check back soon for our first FOX Sports Mock WWE Draft dropping prior to tomorrow night’s event.

And don’t forget to read "6 WWE Draft Moves That Need to Happen This Year" while waiting! Night one of the 2020 WWE Draft takes place tomorrow night on Friday Night Smack

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

He’s the worst promo I have ever seen. Watch his Smackdown commercial, he is incapable of even the bare minimum of line delivery.

His promo challenging Mysterio at Ultima Lucha 2 was legit very good so he has it in him somewhere to be good but lol at WWE being the company to coax it out of him.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Oct 9, 2020

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

https://streamable.com/v4zka2

The amount of loving camera cuts in a scene of three guys looking sad is beyond parody.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

All of these interesting ideas for stories with the draft rely on the idea that the wrestlers have more agency over their destiny than the company, in order to influence the draft picks and not just be buffeted by the winds of fate as nameless and faceless execs make the picks.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

WWE tag titles are less prestigious than First Wrestling's Pabst Blue Ribbon Championship.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lurks With Wolves posted:

You know what would be a really easy story to tell?

"We will give you AJ Styles* if you keep Retribution on your brand." Just something to show authority figures don't want to deal with them, instead of them being lame Demolition.

*Or "we won't draft Randy Orton", or something. The point is, they could do better and it wouldn't even be hard.

As I said before, all these stories you could do with the draft require the characters to have more agency over their fate than the faceless all-powerful Brand, which WWE cannot fathom or allow.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Ricochet should become a wacky shenanigans guy with more and more elaborate chair spots until he’s just doing Florida Brothers spots.

https://twitter.com/sirlariato/status/1275216628167454726

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

T-Bar's next viral tweet that's going to save the gimmick

https://twitter.com/dril/status/432616623225049088

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

ICR posted:

Oh look. ANOTHER I hate my fans message.

https://mobile.twitter.com/patmcafeeshow/status/1319266906961072140?s=21

The story just writes itself. I hate everybody and I bring nothing positive to the world messaging hooray! I’ll definitely tune in every Wednesday to watch people who hate me. :)

OMG, Pat Mcafee, WTF, thought he was dead LOL.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

I can't imagine anyone wishing they were 50 for any reason, but being mad about wrestling has got to be the worst reason to want it.

Imagining a 6 hour concept album using old WWF Entrance theme samples to demonstrate the slow decline of a WWE fan with dementia at the end of their life, "An Alexa Bliss Beyond this World"

If I were 50 I'd probably have money and a house and a political system catered entirely to my wants and needs.

Blaise330 posted:

Why is the brand vs brand thing after the draft? The appeal of the old brand war was the people were on the show so long it became part of their identity.

The brand is the star. You are excited that Raw and SmackDown are going Head to Head for the one and only time of the year. The component parts of Raw and SmackDown going Head to Head is irrelevant.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

Raw team will self destruct

I bet Nia Jax will put Lana through a table.