Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

JT Smiley posted:

Their relationship lives rent free in Vince's head.
It’s really quite something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

Fan? Sounds like a third party!
Those aren’t your fans, they’re WWE fans. We’ll make sure you get a cut of their pop though

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

There’s a lot to like about Naomi but my favourite by far is that she’s maybe the best example of someone whose real name is a million times more memorable than their wrestling name

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Vince literally just turning into darth vader

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

WWE is just pushing people out the door to join AEW or the independents right now. Holy poo poo they're so stupid.
Paige will walk, which is of zero consequence to WWE, and everyone else will grit their teeth and take it like they always do

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sounds like a great opportunity for AEW to run a huge PPV the night before Mania in a different city and encourage all the indies to set up shop for the week

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Davros1 posted:

They've redesigned the Performance Center for Takeover

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1312763655948296192?s=20
Looks like something my car left on a bird

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

there are no ridges in holland what a dumb rear end name

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kyle O Reilly is the god drat best

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

WWE and everyone else should have absolutely nothing to do with Rance but it kinda sounds like you think anyone trained by him should be blackballed out of the industry which is a really bad take

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Ridge Holland is an English sports star called Luke Menzies, and they hired him because they wanted to capitalize on his status as an English sports star... by rebranding him with a dumb name they made up.

He played in the second tier league of the eighth most popular sport in the UK

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

WWE really going for the key demo of working class old men from Lancashire & Yorkshire
Warrington is the second-most-southerly team in the Super League. I will admit I was quite surprised to see what the most southerly one was.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

Wait, Luke Menzies didn't even play rugby union? Lol no one in the UK gives a poo poo about rugby league
thatcheresque attitude to the north, you hate to see it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Is it still Catalan Dragons? That was the only think I remember about the Super League, that a French team played in it
francoesque attitude to catalunya, you hate to see it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't see how anyone can say Lana is being buried when she's never been presented as anything but a heel who can't wrestle. She's getting memorable spots every week and probably isn't capable of having good matches so what is a better use for her?
Being a heel manager, y’know the thing that got her hugely over in the first place?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Narrator voice: it wouldn’t

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Hurt Business is kind of a cool stable of cool guys if only they were allowed to move on from their one feud

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yeah one is at kind of a funny angle but not like something you couldn’t do yourself, and that’s not even the leg he’s holding :confused:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It looks like he’s intentionally pivoting his bottom foot to hold the top foot off the ground

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

It's purely coincidence that WWE superstars get injured at a much higher rate than any other wrestling company in the world.
:actually: I think you’ll find they’re the safe company to work for

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

prozd is one of those guys ill be real sad if he gets milkshake ducked

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lid posted:

AJ Styles too except WWE did things like "just put him in matches" and he waa so loving good despite being small they strapped their colours to him too. And he cant talk either. Just let the man loving work.

This is your reminder that Vince saw nothing in AJ Styles.
AJ weirdly turned into a pretty decent promo in WWE which defies expectations in multiple directions

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cults need to cycle between pretending that they care and acting nice, and doing everything they can to grind their members down and remind them they're worthless. When AEW first started WWE was throwing huge (compared to previous) contracts around and trying to look like the good guy. No prizes for spotting which part of the cycle WWE is in now, though.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bret Hart got worse after leaving the World Wrestling Federation

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Has Austin been on Twitch this weekend and has there been any commentary on the draft?
I thought you meant Stone Cold and honestly I would watch the poo poo out of that

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

It's been so long since the season finale I hope I don't get lost and forget the major plotlines!
please don’t copy and paste from Vince’s diary

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

But then again, they also screwed up the Nexus after an excellent start, to the point that people assumed The Shield would similarly have their potential squandered, and instead they went for a LOOOOOONG time at a high level. The WWE version of NWO, Nexus, Corre, now Retribution etc... it seems like The Shield was the exception that proved the rule when it comes to WWE's ability to actually book a stable of outsiders.
The Shield was saved by having Roman who they were 100% behind as their new ace, and by the three of them using collective bargaining not to get chumped out or split up

Retribution is made up entirely of nobodies so even if they organised for better treatment it would go nowhere

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Remember when they had one of those and it ended with both members of one team as the legal men, one pinned the other and they were declared the winners

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

somebody stop the drat match

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pylons posted:

I wonder if Punk would've been an AEW success story like Mox if he'd decided to take the offer he was given.
no way

The amount of work Mox has put into being better in the ring since leading WWE is crazy. The amount of thought and passion that goes into his promos and character shows how much he loves where he’s at right now.

Punk clearly hasn’t got his heart in wrestling anymore - and I can’t blame him for that at all, but he definitely wouldn’t have put the effort in that Mox has, and it would have shown bigtime

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

someone post the thing where he makes the noises

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

I was in the music business in a ton of different roles for over a decade before COVID killed my dream jobs. I've seen and heard it all across 20 different countries. This Elias album is one of the worst piece of poo poo albums ever made. I expected some kind of bit, or something ironically funny like Macho Man's classic diss album "Be A Man".

This record Elias did is complete dogshit, embarrassing, poorly made and recorded, poorly written. It may be worse than Jeff Hardy's albums.
Was it basically this onion article?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bayley is really really good, even her mom haircut is amazing heel work

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

having a very normal one

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Was Lawlor on this week
I think he’s working with New Japan USA