Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

InsertPotPun posted:

i thought of it as more of a satirical joke based around the long american tradition of dumping on minorities by both the citizens and government that directly benefit from them
but your word was more hurtful so we'll go with that.
https://twitter.com/MarshaBlackburn/status/1364664530681405451
huh. well the math adds up.

None of these seem bad, in fact I would argue these are all good things to spend money on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

After "Going Catwoman," "raining snow," and "Cracking the baby," Senator Kennedy is on a roll with using phrases that sound both old-timey and never spoken before.

https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1364661486203854856

I truly hate Kennedy, he's too loving senile and stupid to come up with anything but "WACK JOB" and "SPACE ALIEN" poo poo so he just says the same stuff over and over but the media loves him because they're so loving vanilla and boring they think he's some wild man. This is like the loving fourth time he's called someone in the Biden admin 'left of lenin'!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

No it's for sure the KHive people.

It's the weirdest group of centrist ghouls I swear. I don't know how people get so hyped up on Kamala Harris, and yet still be so racist.

Because she's one of the good ones. KHive is pretty much literally everything they claim Bernie Bros are.

Epic High Five posted:

they don't limit themselves to race ime, their latest worrying "huge trend among insane psychos with obvious and historical approval of the party" is TERFs cozying up to them by pitching themselves as defenders of Kamala and how the rude leftists are teaming up with the chuds and Qanoners to attack her on trans issues.

They're basically Sally Albright's botnet accounts given human form

There's absolutely a project to export British TERFism by exploiting middle-class white centrist grievance.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

It's not rhetoric, it's a simple statement of fact.

e: are you alarmed because she didn't add "...and we sure hope they choose to go with $15/hr, that's our position!" ?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

After "Going Catwoman," "raining snow," and "Cracking the baby," Senator Kennedy is on a roll with using phrases that sound both old-timey and never spoken before.

https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1364661486203854856

Her comments on drilling make me think she isn't this good, but one can dream.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/540305-haaland-on-drilling-lease-moratorium-its-not-going-to-be-a

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
This woman is disturbed and reprehensible.

https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1364757148496969730?s=20

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

That isn't even a coherent morally reprehensible own.

"There are only two genders: Male and Female" doesn't preclude the existence of transpeople. By definition, transpeople accept that gender is a real thing or they couldn't be transgender.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
honestly, who thought there could ever be a scenario where that particular person is hanging a sign that includes the phrase "Trust The Science"

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

That isn't even a coherent morally reprehensible own.

"There are only two genders: Male and Female" doesn't preclude the existence of transpeople. By definition, transpeople accept that gender is a real thing or they couldn't be transgender.

"Trans rights activists get mad when people say this, so I'm going to hang it outside the office of someone whose child is trangsender." It's not to own anybody. It's to be cruel. Not even for a reason, just pure performative cruelty.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

gently caress this nazi and every nazi who voted for her.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Donnie Jr., Papa, Eric Trump, Kimberly Guilfoyle, and Steve Bannon are all releasing very long rants - some in video and some in text - about Mitt Romney for some reason today.

Seems weirdly coordinated, but I don't think Mitt has actually done anything today.

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1364380849349808137
Why does Trump Jr. look like he's been crying just recently? Every single drat photo is either puffy eyes or coked out ey--ooooohhhhh. I get it.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Episode 1: Climate Alarmism
Episode 2: The Female Orgasm.
Episode 3: "Rap" is Music.

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1364655081849688066

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

The fact that Ben Shapiro is wealthy and successful would cause me a lot of angst if we didn't know for a fact he was insecure about his height and totally unable to please his wife.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I feel like Greene and her whole wing of the party are going to force things to a breaking point sooner or later, just from a sheer workplace harassment perspective. Other GOP reps are lovely people but they're at least too busy working on (lovely) legislation to engage in full-time schoolyard bullying. But Greene and her ilk don't know anything about legislating and don't care to learn, the cruelty is literally it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Spiritus Nox posted:

I feel like Greene and her whole wing of the party are going to force things to a breaking point sooner or later, just from a sheer workplace harassment perspective.

Step 1: Removed from all House committees
Step 2: Restraining order that prevents her from attending House sessions
Step 3: ???

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1364798877245845504

joe biden set to confirm the blatantly obvious shortly

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

How are u posted:

It's not rhetoric, it's a simple statement of fact.

e: are you alarmed because she didn't add "...and we sure hope they choose to go with $15/hr, that's our position!" ?

choosing to frame it as such is absolutely a shift in rhetoric.

compare the rhetoric to the insistence that neera has a path to 50 vs the fait accompli attitude of the min wage in the senate as "it is what it is"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Craig K posted:

Apparently, it is also going to confirm the obvious: That Kushner was involved in helping cover it up, but they have almost no records because he did it all through WhatsApp.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

The fact that Ben Shapiro is wealthy and successful would cause me a lot of angst if we didn't know for a fact he was insecure about his height and totally unable to please his wife.

I’m sure this will surprise you immensely but Ben Shapiro grew up in a wealthy household. I’m sure this is a coincidence and he boostrapped his way to success.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

A big flaming stink posted:

choosing to frame it as such is absolutely a shift in rhetoric.

compare the rhetoric to the insistence that neera has a path to 50 vs the fait accompli attitude of the min wage in the senate as "it is what it is"

What rhetoric are you talking about? Because the most recent White House moves on the OMB nom are to line up someone else and say, "We hope she is able to convince some Senators. She has been on the phones speaking to people." like they have no power over it and it is all up to her.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Craig K posted:

Better than the previous administration's stance of actively covering it up.

Invalid Validation posted:

I’m sure this will surprise you immensely but Ben Shapiro grew up in a wealthy household. I’m sure this is a coincidence and he boostrapped his way to success.

Also remember his dad kept writing positive reviews on his site for him because Ben is literally incapable of making it on his own.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Spiritus Nox posted:

I feel like Greene and her whole wing of the party are going to force things to a breaking point sooner or later, just from a sheer workplace harassment perspective. Other GOP reps are lovely people but they're at least too busy working on (lovely) legislation to engage in full-time schoolyard bullying. But Greene and her ilk don't know anything about legislating and don't care to learn, the cruelty is literally it.

Countdown to Marje just beating a Democrat on the floor of the House with a cane for being in favor of Gay Rights, take it all the way back to the 1850s.

Invalid Validation posted:

I mean, yeah, but he's still rich and successful in his chosen field of Right Wing Media Blowhard Grifter, so until he gets some Lung Cancer the cosmic scales are still tipping his way. Other than his hilarious disaster of a personal life for me to extract joy from of course!

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 25, 2021

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

haveblue posted:

Step 1: Removed from all House committees
Step 2: Restraining order that prevents her from attending House sessions
Step 3: ???

You'd also need to do something about the meaningless acts of cruelty she directs at any Democrat (or, hell, insufficiently Trumpy Republican) with the misfortune of having an office too close to hers.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Republicans can line up to unanimously oppose legislation that 61% of Republican voters support and it doesn't make a difference in their support.

The Republican party is basically a coalition of single-issue voters who have taken a suicide pact and are propped up by anti-democratic institutions.

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1364786503772229632

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Craig K posted:

That is a hell of a move on Biden's part, though.:stare: I wonder what strategy towards the KSA this is part of...

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Spiritus Nox posted:

You'd also need to do something about the fact the meaningless acts of cruelty she directs at any Democrat (or, hell, insufficiently Trumpy Republican) with the misfortune of having an office too close to hers.

Move her office to a disused storage closet in the basement.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Almost like it was never a priority at all, especially when contrasted with the language used in support of Neera’s nomination.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Majorian posted:

That is a hell of a move on Biden's part, though.:stare: I wonder what strategy towards the KSA this is part of...

Maybe they're actually trying to leverage the fact that they're incredibly dependent on us to get their asses in line and/or keep the detente push with Iran going.

If only we could do that with Isreal to stop, you know, the apartheid.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

Also all of Ben's wealth and success comes from his father being already wealthy, successful, and well-connected and puppeteering his son through life like an actual-size Meat Pinnochio. Virtually no accomplishment of his is 100% his own and his father's inevitable death is going to hit him like a freight train.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Spiritus Nox posted:

You'd also need to do something about the meaningless acts of cruelty she directs at any Democrat (or, hell, insufficiently Trumpy Republican) with the misfortune of having an office too close to hers.

Can’t use that office, restraining order

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Sanguinia posted:

Countdown to Marje just beating a Democrat on the floor of the House with a cane for being in favor of Gay Rights, take it all the way back to the 1850s.

Pretty sure there's no way this doesn't end with her getting the poo poo beaten out of her. The whole reason the right is scared shitless of antifa is because they can't comprehend the idea of leftists who fight back, and they get their asses kicked every single time they don't have the cops to bail them out.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Apparently, it is also going to confirm the obvious: That Kushner was involved in helping cover it up, but they have almost no records because he did it all through WhatsApp.

didnt WhatsApp get bought by Zuck years ago?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sanguinia posted:

Ah, I see I wasn't the only one watching Drunk History the other night.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Loving the fact that the GOP's deadliest weapon is a pillow man who mistook a pillow for his crackpipe, and Don jr who mistook his crackpipe for his fathers love.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

the_steve posted:

Ah, I see I wasn't the only one watching Drunk History the other night.

Show'd my students Oversimplified Civil War so I could get through the actual battle stuff in just two classes, actually. Although the incident was actually mentioned in the textbook too, which was a bit of a surprise.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Spiritus Nox posted:

she is gonna say or do the wrong thing to some other congress person and than get punched in in the side of the head by some lady congress person and it will all be on film because Greene will be in their face scream about how their kid should kill themselves or some twister poo poo.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Loving the fact that the GOP's deadliest weapon is a pillow man who mistook a pillow for his crackpipe, and Don jr who mistook his crackpipe for his fathers love.

there is a universe somewhere in the line up where Don jr realizes early on that his dad will never love him and that chasing that dragon is a bad road and then ends up being like Ronald Reagan jr or that grand daughter/niece of disney who arn't evil sacks of poo poo.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

5,800 unaccompanied minors crossing the border each month is an absolutely insanely high number, wow. That's almost 200 a day

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Dapper_Swindler posted:

she is gonna say or do the wrong thing to some other congress person and than get punched in in the side of the head by some lady congress person and it will all be on film because Greene will be in their face scream about how their kid should kill themselves or some twister poo poo.

there is a universe somewhere in the line up where Don jr realizes early on that his dad will never love him and ends up being like JEB BUSH or that grand daughter/niece of disney.

FTFY.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

now i am picturing the universe where JEB! loving head butts trump after trump insults his wife and its breaks trumps nose on live tv.

my point was he didnt end up being not giant chud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

None of these seem bad, in fact I would argue these are all good things to spend money on.

Pretty sure we could find less money to spend on the Arts than is currently tied up in retail GME stock.