Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

BigglesSWE posted:

I got the second to last post in the last one. Yay. Here it is again:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1311998568497065986?s=21

Jesus he's just full of Markov chains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Gatts posted:

What are the tragic odds declaring he has Covid is to distract and change the subject of his debate performance and his support of white supremecy?

Zero.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Anyone know if Leader McConnel has been to the Whitehouse recently?

He met with Barrett recently, idk if that also involved Lee.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Hollismason posted:

Trump has the best medical care in the world and their probably already proactively treating him. I doubt he's seriously ill its literally been like a few hours. The virus doesn't work that fast.

Per the timeline it doesn't potentially get bad until about a week in.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1312074358651748358?s=21

it’s one thing to endanger the republic and millions of Americans it’s another thing to endanger me

If they meet while down a few R senators, Democrats will be the majority.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

an AOL chatroom posted:

In any of the Jaws sequels, did the mayor wind up getting eaten by a shark?

Nope. Disappeared after 2 because the actor died.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I'm assuming Trump hasn't tweeted because they're having to constrain him from giving the commmand to nuke China.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

AhhYes posted:

Moderate is an interesting word choice. Why not say very mild?

Kudlow is a piss brain so it's impossible to know if it's a tell or just because he's an idiot.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Captain Snaps posted:

So, what happens to that 400 million in debt that Trump has if he croaks? Do we get to look forward to his kids having to crawl out from under it while in prison?

Well it's not student loan debt, so probably not.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Answers Me posted:

So assuming the worst/best, how long does it take for this thing to work its magic on an obese 74-year-old?

A couple weeks.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

KillHour posted:

Our reality tv style politics will never cease to confound me. Why are you two still together? Why are you constantly fighting on Twitter?

It's a grift for the whole family.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

STAC Goat posted:

Catholics haven't really cared about divorce in forever. Pope even said we should chill.

Francis reformed annullment but without the church nullifying a marriage, divorced people cannot take communion. That's a huge deal.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Josh Lyman posted:

Is that Kelly Loeffler in front of Melania? Why is she there? Just so Trump has someone to look at?

Because she's a vulnerable republican senator they want to boost before the election.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

"Getting Covid was my own personal 9-11"

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Mat Cauthon posted:

Sorry to interrupt the Trump death watch fun times but this seems fairly important, and ominous.

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1313111854701514754

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1313116976357797888

Seems weird for them to do this since it's gonna motivate dem voters.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Phoix posted:

Twitter deleted the "don't be afraid of covid" tweet so Trump is going to be breathing extra hard.

edit: wait they deleted a different tweet I can't even remember which one it was

Wow they straight up deleted it instead of flagging and locking. Is that a first?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

smoobles posted:

when do the nukes start hitting us? i want to make sure i'm drunk first

When the President was first diagnosed, a couple of our second strike flying command centers turned on their transponders for a minute to be like "Don't think about it."

Still, Trump has always been a threat to US national security, it's just wild he's found an exciting new way to do so.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

This is more suicidal than leaving Walter Reed, but this way he takes us with him.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Out of curiosity what is the purpose of the lame duck period and do other nations have similar things? Like why is it the president elect is not sworn in as soon as the results are confirmed? I can see maybe saying a week to get up to date on briefings and poo poo but a period of months seems absurd.

To give the incoming congress and president time to get their slave plantation affairs in order before they make the long and treacherous wagon ride to the poo poo swamp of the District of Columbia.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Specifically saying "gently caress the stimulus, get the fundie on the court."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313551796644831233?s=20

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Pelosi sucks and Trump is brain addled at all times, but this is an important question to publicly ask.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Are people still defending Claudia Conway claiming she isn't a grifter just because she's a teen?

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1313631799105343489?s=20

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Barr's October surprise is that he's investigating Hunter Biden for High Treason

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

God drat he’s got mania or something. Is this a side effect of whatever he’s on? I didn’t think I’d be able to tell the difference, but he’s not usually so quick to jump between species of bullshit.

Steroids and a few other things can cause clinical mania, yes.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

John Wick of Dogs posted:

They really have to think of a manly way to declare it happened that doesn't make him look weak. My guess: They weekend at Bernie's him over to Marine 1 on his way to the debate, and have him jump for joy, with him being so tall and such a good jumper he got himself caught in the helicopter blades. The man just didn't know his own strength.

He died personally wrestling a Ninja assassin, killing the assassin and saving the lives of countless secret service members.

If he dies, there's no way they're attributing it to covid.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

evilweasel posted:

This is the second "trump's hosed" statement Mitch has made today

https://twitter.com/JenniferShutt/status/1314267364549160961

"We've done enough."

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Deteriorata posted:

Back in the 70s the Boomers realized they would be a huge burden on subsequent generations and started taxing themselves at a higher rate to build up the SSTF, which could then help fund their own retirements and take some of the load off the future generations. The fund is supposed to run out eventually.

Boomers were in their teens and twenties in the 70s this is gibberish.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Quiet Enable posted:

I feel like this one might actually have been filmed outside in a quiet corner of the whitehouse:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313959702104023047

But this one is almost assuredly green screened, you can actually see the scene looping behind him:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1314175772563832833

First video is actually outside, but was filmed in the Rose Garden like 20 feet from the Oval Office where he probably already was, signing a bunch of blank paper.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

How did they arrive at $1200 as a good figure, anyway? A bunch of rich people wildly guessing at what a prole would think is a decent amount (but not too decent)?

It's a month of Federal minimum wage before tax. So basically yes.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Thom12255 posted:

Mitch is more scared of right-wing challengers than the Democrats, a lot of the Republican base does not want a stimulus to go out again.

Uh, no. Senate Republicans don't want another stimulus. The vast majority of republican voters do want another stimulus because they're starving without one. Republicans in the Senate are just evil and preemptively in Democratic president mode.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Thom12255 posted:

They don't want it because they're afraid of getting primaried by something more right of them which is how they've lost a lot of their members the past decade.

No one is getting primaried from the right on covid relief

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1315638828422631425?s=19

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

I don't know how she refrains from running across the stage to throttle him.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
"Should women be subservient to their husbands? If so why are you sitting here instead of him."

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

-Blackadder- posted:

Can someone expand/explain this to non-lawyer/scotus blog followers?

My lay understanding is that he thinks it's overly broad because it shields internet sites from being held accountable for suborning illegal activity by users, but also shields them from being held accountable by users for "discrimination" when removing user content.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Bicyclops posted:

Does anyone know what the actual question and answer was here? I don't doubt it, but I wonder how much of the direct wording there is ACB's.

Yeah I want video on her actual words not extrapolations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Youth Decay posted:

Was kanye2020.us already taken?

Yes. It's a Biden redirect.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, there is no clean check bill.

We need a new speaker of the house, but is there a better option available? Last time Pelosi was the least terrible choice.

Barbara Lee, easily.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Aineris posted:

I don't think you know what a census actually is. Think it through. Clue: Homeless shelters will give anyone that wants one a reliable address if they need it.

You have no idea how shelters work and what it's like to be homeless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

fool of sound posted:

Screaming "gently caress you" isn't pushback that's welcome in D&D, a forum where I hope people can learn and improve. If someone wants to make a an effort post and end it with "and that's why you're a dumb rear end in a top hat for thinking that", then that's fine. That's part of SA culture: you don't have to sugarcoat thing. White noise insults contribute nothing.

Things that are either bad faith trolls or are straight up Nazi ideas don't deserve cogent rebuttals.