Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jinh

Doctor Dogballs posted:

how do we show something thats not on youtube. what if someone just plays a movie and streams their screen in discord or sumthin "NICE N' LEGALLY"

yeah think so. i asked some friends who have movie nights all the time, dude who runs it says "I just stream stuff on Discord. use whatever service and just share my screen
The quality isn't amazing, but All of those shared services never have many options, so discord is the best way I've found to do it"

twitch might also be a good option, im also pretty unfamiliar with it. i hear you're not supposed to use it to stream movies, there was a big hullabaloo about being able to stream amazon prime movies and shows but you can only do it a certain way and theres a ton of baggage associated.

thanks so much cda <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

1920's The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari is indeed available, would people like that, or perhaps a contemporary (that I found a very high quality copy of): 1922's Nosferatu, a Symphony of Horror!

Or, maybe even both, if we feel like it?

Sig by Heather Papps

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

1920's The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari is indeed available, would people like that, or perhaps a contemporary (that I found a very high quality copy of): 1922's Nosferatu, a Symphony of Horror!

my vote is both if possible

Manifisto

both good imo

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Wait, what day/times it on?

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Goons Are Gifts

Dr. Caligari is extremely good and extremely my poo poo

Manifisto

we're starting to get towards the end of the month (and halloween! :thunkin:) but maybe an idea for another movie (after caligari and/or nosferatu) would be one of the Romero films? night of the living dead seems to be on YT, I don't know if it meets all the criteria tho?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

we're starting to get towards the end of the month (and halloween! :thunkin:) but maybe an idea for another movie (after caligari and/or nosferatu) would be one of the Romero films? night of the living dead seems to be on YT, I don't know if it meets all the criteria tho?

:agreed: it's a classic and has the exact social commentary that bfm is talking about

BoldFrankensteinMir

We can do Night of the Living Dead, but not for Halloween itself, let's do it earlier in the week.

For Halloween night I have big plans already, if I can pull it off we're gonna watch Black Whip, broken up with other 1-reelers for a solid like 6 hour block of media, and I'm going to do host segments in costume.

Tomorrow's movies will start at Midnight BST like last week. If we do Romero on say Wednesday of next week what would be a good time? Later I imagine?

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Join us tonight at Midnight BST in http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBween for a classic horror double feature!!!

First up it's the all-time great set-dresser's wet nightmare, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari:

And then, just because we can, the original vampire movie: Nosferatu, A Symphony of Horror!

See you there, friends!!!

Sig by Heather Papps

Manifisto

man those posters are good

as a public service:

(sorry if I missed your time zone)

BoldFrankensteinMir

Starts in 10 minutes! http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBween

Sig by Heather Papps

Manifisto

[starts clapping and stomping on floor, chanting MO-VIE, MO-VIE, MO-VIE]

ty nesamdoom!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Another fun night of classic horrors! Thanks everyone for coming, and watch this space for another movie this week!

Sig by Heather Papps

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Another fun night of classic horrors! Thanks everyone for coming, and watch this space for another movie this week!

that was really fun BFM, thanks you for doing this :love:

Manifisto

yeah it was a good one, thanks!

BoldFrankensteinMir

BYOB movie nights now have their own banner ad, woo!

Edit- and it really works too!!!

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 26, 2020

Sig by Heather Papps

Jinh

Rad as hell

Prof. Crocodile

this is perfect!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Since it'll run for a month I GUESS I'm gonna HAVE TO keep doing movie night as a regular thing. Oh darn.

Sig by Heather Papps

Manifisto

Since it'll run for a month I GUESS I'm gonna HAVE TO keep doing movie night as a regular thing. Oh darn.

that is a crying shame

great banner!

ty nesamdoom!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Speaking of fun graphics this new kittyjail replacer by Chubby deserves more attention:

Sig by Heather Papps

Goons Are Gifts

Absolutely amazing

BoldFrankensteinMir

They're coming to get you, BYOB!

Wednesday, October 28 at midnight BST, join us again at http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBween for another spooky October movie!

This time it's the 1968 classic "Night of the Living Dead"!

And yes there will still be another movie on Saturday, we're just doubling up this week because we can, mwahahahaha!

See you there, friends!

Sig by Heather Papps

Manifisto

:suspense:

BoldFrankensteinMir

Tonight's show starts in aprox 6 hours! I hope folks can make it despite it being a weekday. We'll see!

As for this weekend I wanted to ask, especially the Aussies who attend, what would be a good time for you to start Halloween night festivities? It'd be some point in what is my Friday, I think? I have about 5 hours of material to share and am willing to do two showings if that would be valuable, but my broke dyscalculic brain has a real hard time figuring out when the optimal time to do such things would be.

Sig by Heather Papps

Chewbecca

Uhhh

You're GMT right? Umm.. Stoner is an hour earlier so carry the 1 gently caress I lost count err

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Manifisto

this is how they line up:

Chewbecca

Global goons

Roth

I am ready to become a zombie

Manifisto

for some reason the movie is already playing?

ty nesamdoom!

BoldFrankensteinMir

My bad! leftover test link. Movie actually starts in 3 minutes!

Sig by Heather Papps

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
at work for a few more hours but i'll be watching in spirit

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

at work for a few more hours but i'll be watching in spirit

still at work? geez

ty nesamdoom!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Thanks for another great movie night everyone! Details on Saturday's Halloween spooktacular soon!

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Howdy pardners! Ahem, I mean, hey friendos! Halloween is almost here!!!!!! And since it's a Saturday (in the US at least, grrrr time magicks) that means Halloween movie night! *lightning strikes* Ah ah ah!

I have something super special planned for us. We're gonna watch about 5 hours (so far!) of video total, a grand collection of shorts, shows and other holiday treats, plus all 12 parts of the serial smash that made BYOB's cinematic summer, Black Whip!

All the feature films we've watched this month have been great, but for the holiday itself lets all chill together with shorts, media we can hop in and out of as we see fit in a casual party setting. I've got a great mix of favorites old and new (but I'm always open to more suggestions!), and there are even a few special surprises I can't wait to share with y'all!

The festivities will begin same time as usual, Midnight BST (which will be banished back to Hell soon, we'll be back to slightly less confusing GMT! Hooray!!!!), and will go until we run out of videos or viewers, whichever comes first. I truly look forward to spending this, my favorite holiday, with my BYOB friends this year. We're gonna have a blast!

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

4 hours to showtime! Join us at http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBween for special Halloween fun!

Sig by Heather Papps

Prof. Crocodile

i will not be able to join the movie festivities, but please know that I have spoopy love for all you spoopy yobbers.

BoldFrankensteinMir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSsa43l_8pQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0QjoOCClSY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUlRIxNSW-8

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 1, 2020

Sig by Heather Papps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

movies great, BFM great poster and hoster with the moster!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!