Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Tonight, at midnight GMT, join us at http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies for another Christmas classic: 1945's The Cheaters!

I've never heard of this one before but it's got a very interesting history: for any of you 'yobbers who were with me for the Summer of Serials, this is a Republic Pictures film! A Christmas screwball comedy feature from the people who made Black Whip, Spy Smasher and Captain Marvel. It's a really weird outlier, and from what I'm reading it was a staple of late-night local TV for decades, and has been released as Mr. M and the Pigeons, The Amazing Mr. M, The Magnificent Mr. M, The Magnificent Rogue, and The Castaway. Huh.

Plus cartoons and camaraderie! See you in five hours, friends!

I LOVE THIS ONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'll be there asap. Just finishing up a pot of sauce.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'LL BE THERE SHORTLY WITH BELLS ON

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

This is art

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

gently caress yessss let's be film nerds together

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Glutes Are Great posted:

i'd say we watch it in german because theres a dick joke but

It's really really good in German!!!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Oh gosh. Oh jeez. GaG I can't believe you've done this.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Tomorrow, Saturday January 2 at Midnight GMT (that's 4pm Pacific, 7pm Eastern in the US), join me for the start of Janimation Anuary!, a whole month of animated films for BYOB movie night online!

Our first feature is Sita Sings the Blues, by my hero and personal choice for best living animation director, Nina Paley!

It's a brilliantly animated uber-indy film about Hindu cosmology and feminism. Mz. Paley is a STAUNCH opponent to copyright laws so her work is free to watch, and if you haven't seen any of it already you owe yourself, she's incredible.

See you in http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies tomorrow friends, and Happy New Years Day to you!

NINA IS A GOOD HUMAN BEING

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Nina is tres awesome to the extreme. A couple years ago I wrote to her to see if she'd work on a project (total hail-mary move but I haaated the animator I was stuck with) and although she was not interested she was really professional and cool about it, had a list of recommendations for other animators she knew, and kept up on the project with us. Absolute treasure of a film-maker, and her TED talk on copyright needs to be taught in every media theory class.

Oh gosh yes. I actually use that as a reference when I'm talking to people who are wanting to do more I'm the industry.

She's done some really excellent work with younger people cracking until animation as well. Just a wonderful human being.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

BYOB Movie Night and Coupons & Deals movie night

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

blaise rascal posted:

Also, maybe notorious for good movie night sometime? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4gEpBOj0dg

Seconding. It's my third favorite Hitchcock.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I will do my best but I'm working on an immediate need project that I'm PM you about. :love:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

That was fantastic. I wish I had magic boots that made the FBI incompetent around me. Those would be useful.

Haha yeah they would

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Buy the puppets accounts

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It's me I'm the Goblin

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also the princess

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Basically what I'm saying is this movie is about me as I am also dull and uninteresting

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

gently caress GEORGE

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I bet George isn't even a little boy he's just a small gobbo with bad habits!!!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

biosterous posted:

BORN TO THREAD
GEORGE IS A gently caress
Wash Em All 1947
I am trash goblin
410,757,864,530 DEAD GRANDMAS

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I would rather not watch anime, ngl. It... Does not speak to me, largely, outside of a very few select productions (yes I'm talking about poo poo like Grave of the Fireflies and anything to do with Miyazaki and his studios. There's a reason they're celebrated stories.)

I want something with meat and potatoes, you know? Not just, ooh mecha titty anime catgirl. And not loving Fruits Basket, gently caress sake.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

blaise rascal posted:

it's anime, and it's extremely NOT a happy movie, but grave of the fireflies is on youtube

personally, i'd enjoy watching an Indian-made movie about Hindu cosmology! i don't think it would overlap too much with sita sings the blues. SSTB is pretty obviously made from the viewpoint of a western director, so an Indian-made film might be a neat contrast

I'd also be fine taking a break from animated movies for a week, if we want to pursue good options in other genres

GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

What if we--hear me out--watch some terrible D*sn*y shorts from the early days? I have a line on some...

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Will be looking at all these suggestions tomorrow morning, thank you all again!

What do you think of these banner ads?

Ooh I like em!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

it neither features cats nor is it from the 80s, but I suddenly had the thought that we should watch cool world

not available for free on yt though, darn

I have a throwaway Google account and a vpn and a clean copy of Cool World

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

neat! what a mess of a movie, it would be fun to rip on it

It's so bad and yet so good at the same time

I've got a clean copy of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure that I'm holding onto too, because I have dreams of one day holding a regular movie night of my own again. Someday.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

How Wonderful! posted:

I deeply miss in-person movie nights. Hooting and hollaring with old friends and new friends, becoming famous for various dips and treats... what more could being alive ever mean...

I will never again know the joy of eating a soft pretzel among friends, absolutely roasting every member of the cast of Empire Records

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Heather Papps posted:

we need to talk about bill and ted face the music

Okay but I have a lot of opinions about it and they're a mixed bag.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Really looking forward to seeing for a refund for these free terrible movies!!!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Heathcliff is a bad man

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I was really disappointed in Heathcliff's politically incorrect racial stereotype cats aplenty. I'm right behind you in line for that refund.

We are going to prosecute head writer of Heathcliff Alan Swayze in a court of law for making a cartoon cat be bad when he was supposed to be for children.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Here is Alan Swayze's IMDB:

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0842020/

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Even I, an anime hater, enjoys Unico. Sorry I couldn't be there, there's stuff IRL happening that had to get taken care of first.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Just FYI the chat is probably fine, there's long term chat 24 hope channels that have been up and running and in constant use for all least 4 years to my knowledge.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I can't believe Dom Deluise needed a paycheck that bad.

I CAN believe that the bear movie has 40 minutes of sexually suggestive scenes somewhere on a cutting room floor.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Hello I am Freak Teddy

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

YES YES YES you remain my posting hero Teddy Thunders

I'm rough, I'm tough and and I don't take no posts off nobody

*flashdance montage*

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bbring you are own bmovies

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

George you absolute dingus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Gang Bullets was unironically good and I'm a new poster from Coupons and Deals, my name is Anderson