Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
and he's gone https://www.vulture.com/2020/10/snl-morgan-wallen-musical-guest-covid-canceled.html

When was the last time there was a late musical guest substitution? Could they even do one with these protocols? They probably can't have Alec Baldwin fill in for the musical guest. Think they'll just stitch in a Zoom call with Coldplay or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivart13
May 18, 2003

i say swears online posted:

I always read the avclub review because I hate myself and they loved burr lol
I do a lot of dumb stuff on the internet but reading the AV Club SNL reviews I think qualifies as self-harm

Sivart13
May 18, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

we'll probably see 2-3 new hires, particularly someone who can do a Biden because I assume that the Jim Carrey thing isn't gonna last
A lot of reasonable analysis but I don't know about this part because after 4+ years of Baldwin Trump we now know a mediocre celebrity impression can continue indefinitely

Sivart13
May 18, 2003

pwn posted:

Truthfully, I'm not optimistic that Trump will be removed from office. But today we can rejoice.
That's a particularly pessimistic take! He's definitely gonna keep having a hissy fit but there isn't really a legal path back from this, even with the supreme court on his side.

I struggle to imagine him actually staying in the white house after January without the country going full molotov. Elected conservatives will be content to hold on to their do-nothing split senate and jettison the Trump liability.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003

General Dog posted:

Baldwin's Trump playing "Macho Man" on the piano was pretty funny.
Seeing Baldwin make a bona-fide joke (I also liked 'widdle bit left') followed by him showing up in a skit sans makeup gave me the (likely premature) impression that some kinda genie's curse had been lifted and Baldwin can return to doing whatever he would otherwise be doing (which is probably hosting SNL).