Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh man I thought you were just joking, now I gotta sign up for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Please tell me Gacha Whale Grandma is a character in this

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh whoops I forgot to explicitly state that I recognised the extra mechanic, yes that makes it even better

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Great the whole scum team's here already

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

but trash anime wasn't enough to read the op, or the two reminder posts from OP... :D

Let's NK this guy first

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hm y'know technically all Taste said was we'd be writing some "response" to a prompt, the bad fanfic angle could just be us assuming too much and displaying our biases, we might actually be prompted to write scathing opinion pieces about anime being a mistake for all we know :sun:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The only mistake I see around here is people not signing up, lookit all these pervs who just wanna watch

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

##vote nat20

Before the thread is infected with custom gifs.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Wait what do we have to post this poo poo publicly I thought we were submitting entries to Taste so there's at least a delay before everyone gets to point and laugh at it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sandnavyguy posted:

Ah, gif mafia.

I’m technologically incapable, and therefore will lash out like the tsundere I am and ##vote nat20

##vote SNG for sucking up to Nat too much

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

Bif was our first date getting drunk with goons?

I feel like it was.

Well that or Shine V.

Do you think just retelling the story of Shine V is a good first date for the prize?

Chilling in a mason chat does sure meet the criteria for a low-cost date suited to socially anxious nerds! I'll just have to tell it better then hehehe

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

so you're new, then

by the way I'm scum

Whoah whoah whoah he didn't say he was scum with me so he must have another secret scum traitor doc!

##vote Solus

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Grandicap posted:

But neither of you are scum with me?! How many scum teams are there?

Trap sprung, you just confirmed us both as town, scumbo

##vote Grandi

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Scientastic posted:

This is the worst vote though

##Vote Bif

If you're gonna kill jokephase at least don't make it suffer

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Scientastic posted:

Cagey. Afraid to answer the question directly for fear of being voted for it.

Anyone else?

Lol if you think Nat was actually trying to be cagey instead of making a joke when he is the biggest known trash weeb

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I also wanna hear how this shockingly cagey behaviour, a sign of conscious forethought and evasion, still wasn't scummy enough to deserve a vote over my Grandi jokevote just puttin myself out there

And which was quite hilarious if I do say so myself

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

I will admit I have also joined the Rent-a-Girlfriend discord and am stealing emotes from there as well now.

But do you like anime, Nat, stop dodging the question!!!!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Scientastic posted:

My goodness, it's almost like accusing someone of being cagey and not answering the question when he had a loving anime image in his post was not entirely serious.

Oh don't you start acting like you appreciate humor now mister

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Grandicap posted:

Gifs (with a j sound)

Omfg don't drop this when I was just about to get serious and unvote you!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anyway, to get serious now for a minute,

Scientastic thought this post of his should just be clearly taken as a joke:

Scientastic posted:

Cagey. Afraid to answer the question directly for fear of being voted for it.

Anyone else?

It could be some decent sarcasm I'll admit, but his joke sounds way more like an actual argument than what he's actually voted on:

Scientastic posted:

This is the worst vote though

##Vote Bif

Which was ironically voting me for a post which was far more clearly telegraphed as a joke than his. I was building on a running setup, even.

Back when Sci first cast that vote, I thought it was serious, which didn't make it scummy. I vaguely remember "Sci reading all my posts bad and wrong" being consistent with his town meta. But is it really serious? I had to assume it was, since there was no joke there to be found. But he gave less reason for it than he did in his shade on Nat. He's just veering from "hard early gut calls that need no further explanation!" to "sounding like I'm making actual arguments now, but actually don't take what I'm saying seriously please"

Who's the one really being cagey here about their stances?

##vote Sci

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Scientastic posted:

No joke, voting Grandicap makes you a bad person

The dude just invoked "jif", clearly your moral reality is a frightening place

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jeez y'all have been way too quiet this morning. Ghiblichat is nice and all but cmon people, not even gonna comment on the tiny little scraps of cases we got going here? It's not like the thread is all bogged down with pages and pages of new posts to catch up on

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Thanks for the check-in Toal, wasn't actually thinking of you in that post since you hadn't bothered to show up to post about anime but not Mafia

All this quiet makes me wanna vote Sci a bit less though, cause even if he's being sketchy at least he posts poo poo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Scientastic posted:

This is very concerning: you are changing your play to benefit your scum game, not just to benefit the town.

Your town game should be open and honest, your scum game should be about imitating your town game as best you can. Overhauling your playstyle in the way you're saying is not pro-town.

Ehhhh this feels a bit too preachy pearl-clutchy for my tastes, not liking this vote

Would someone else besidesjust Scientastic show up to do something scummy though, sheesh

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Q_res posted:

sandnavyguy simply existing is pretty scummy imo

drat, for your second game ever you catch on quick lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Morning all, got a lot to catch up on now, nice!

Scientastic posted:

Yes, I agree, calling someone out for doing something scummy is preachy and pearl-clutching. What the gently caress

It's just the attitude of "oh my word, trying to change up your playstyle overall (even though you're a relatively new player who's got good reason to experiment and see what works for you) isn't totally optimal so it's anti-town!"

That is the definition of preachy and pearl clutching.

Scientastic posted:

I take it you don't agree that it's scummy to change your playstyle but only saying you are doing so after being challenged? Why is that?

You are correct. I don't agree. I think having to announce HEY EVERYBODY JUST SO YOU KNOW I'M GONNA PLAY DIFFERENT THIS TIME OK before you dare try anything is obnoxious and unnecessary.

Gumball Gumption posted:

This feels performative considering every Sci post inbetween this one and the Bifauxnen post before it looks like a joke to me.

Uhhh ok

Biaga posted:

Bif and sci are jumping at shadows pretty hard. It is like they are coordinating their actions to spread dissent and acuse others for their own benefit.

...... What. ok this is way more silly than anything else I've seen so far. You had me at "jumping at shadows", that sounded fair cause there was nothing else around for us to react to except each other, and Nat. But "coordinating our actions to spread dissent and accuse others?"

What others?

This is pretty fake

##vote Biaga

Now to read more than like the first three posts lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Biaga posted:

The last few posts between them seem driven by the same goal of pinbing focus and votes on a single person. Their posts and opinions are empty and hallow in focus and drive and are less about finding value and more driven by removing someone cuse "lunch d1!!!". The fact that they are jumping on my so quickly without defending themselves doesn't help justifying their actions.

The really funny thing about all this is until I woke up and saw Biaga's posts the only person I was focusing on was Sci

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Biaga posted:

Honestly, I didn't like the arguments for bif, I thought they were weak, and I challenged them.

Wait whaaaat I thought me AND Sci were the scums all coordinating

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah just look at those two quotes I posted next to each other. That change in justification makes no sense at all.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

If anything I think the most interesting part of the entire thing is that SNG and Sci have both got votes on Biaga now after their exchange moments earlier suggesting the other was scum. I think if there is scum to be found it's one of them leaping away from that exchange to an easier area to pressure.

Oooh I like this idea though

Still think Biaga is scum but if he turns out not to be I will definitely remember this

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

let's be fair I think you're scum this game

Lol same

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok finally caught up. Still think Biaga is scum, also got vague gutfeels about GG and Solus

Sci could still be an effort scum which is the type to always get me, but now that there are actually other posters around that's fading

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Biaga's stance made so little sense that when I was done I had to go back and make sure I hadn't totally hosed up my quotes, and that Biaga was actually still talking about me and Sci and not someone else by then.

He was! It still makes no sense!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I keep coming back to that first post that set things off: "coordinating our actions to spread dissent" is such a wild thing to come up with outta nowhere. There was no one around to even dissent with.

Nat,you seem to think this is too out there for a newbie scum to drop on a townie and stick their neck out that much but I disagree. I think it could be a newbie scum overstepping by accident since they aren't experienced in making more subtle fakecases.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Biaga posted:

I still think Sci is as scummy as it gets and is taking the convent tactic of removing himself during the last few hours of voting.

Sci is in UK timezone, as is Nat.

I'm ok on my Aussie time since deadlines around lunch for me, but for them it'll be like 4am

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hm, while I see what you're saying about Sci's level of engagement giving more info, I think a Biaga flip would still provide us a lot to look at too. Especially with how things progress from here, now that you've left them tied at - 2 and it's anyone's game!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If Biaga flips scum, wonder if all this "courtesy" from GG, and this misvote he hasn't fixed yet, is stalling and hoping to wait and see if the scales can be tipped slightly jn the meantime

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lol well good figures soon as I start typing that he gets it in

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

This is the final hour folks cmon the time is now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Retro Futurist posted:

Tbh between thanksgiving and the Pokémon game ending I haven’t paid much attention here. Will switch to avoid a no lynch idc

Ok you got twenty minutes to get around to it