Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Premise posted:

Year XXX.
The world lost one-third of its population in World War III. Those in power who feared the destruction of humankind are not armed forces. They tried to avoid war by discussion. But the foolish men couldn't end their conflicts. And the last year of the known era, the existing world ended by the hands of women.

H Era.
The armed war was eradicated. Under them, all conflict, small or military-scale was replaced by the use of a special device mesmerizing the psyches of the people. Its name is Hypnosis Microphone. The lyrics channelled through this microphone can affect human sympathetic nerves, parasympathetic nerves, etc. It became possible to alter one's state of mind.

H Era, 3 years ago.
The superiority or inferiority of a man is determined by rap. Outside of the Chuohku District, men live in the Ikebukuro, Yokohama, Shibuya and Shinjuku Divisions. Groups of MCs representing their division would fight over territories with the power of music, with the loser of a rap battle having to hand over a part of their territory to the winner.

In this world, where words, not weapons, became tools of power, the battles for territories holding men's pride and prestige begins.

Hypnosis Mic, commonly known as Hypmic, is a 2017 multimedia series about rapping boys with albums, live shows, manga, stage plays, and a mobage. The anime is titled Hypnosis Mic -Division Rap Battle- Rhyme Anima, and it's a wild ride full of explosions, terrorism, and lots and lots of swearing. It's centered around four main groups of three:

Buster Bros!!!, the heterochromia brothers from Ikebukuro.

Mad Trigger Crew, the yakuza/cop/navy vet from Yokohama.

Fling Posse, the Shibuya deadbeats.

Matenro, the doctor/host/office worker from Shinjuku.

MAL | Anilist
Episodes air Fridays, streaming on Funimation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
this thread was 100% an excuse to post this video again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WIMrH3_B98

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really don't think anyone considers this a shounen thing. It originated under Idea Factory's otome game label and the manga series all came more than a year later, with one running in a josei magazine.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/Cringeflavoured/status/1312438646503473152

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Very important news, I learned there’s a 46 year old dad in this: https://hypnosismic.com/character/osaka/mc_mastermind/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's clear to me now that everyone in this are either one of my two favorite types of characters: idiots and bullies