Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please

forums poster

i would take a halloween av if anyone has an idea

i would also take the pumpkin pals tag

gag edit: saving

forums poster

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Oct 8, 2020

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

Diorama posted:

drat. my problem with GIMP is that 95% of the tutorials online are for previous versions, and they have often changed the workflows enough that you get to step 8 in the tutorial and have to use a tool that no longer exists, or works differently now

i use gimp as well. the tutorials are hard to come by and the interface is inefficient and frustrating. on the bright side, i feel like an old-world craftsman as i painstakingly assemble each layer of each frame of each sig.

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
first forums halloween so i'd love a spooky av or a spooky sig if my av is too spooky already (it is pretty spooky i will admit)

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Oct 8, 2020

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

nut

a lot of "settling" ITT, I refuse concessions and will make everyone of u an av if i have to

wearing a lampshade

magic cactus posted:

first forums halloween so i'd love a spooky av or a spooky sig if my av is too spooky already (it is pretty spooky i will admit)

i got stung by a hive of cacti when i was younger, have to agree its very spooky

take the moon

by sebmojo

nut posted:

a lot of "settling" ITT, I refuse concessions and will make everyone of u an av if i have to

im contemplating asking for the namechange stake the moon with a stake thru the moon and maybe lil vampire fangs and xed eyes on it butttttt

idk. maybe not that strong a concept & i feel its the def of greed since ive no av or sig making talent whatever & i have another av coming

but u seem insistent & i do want to get into the spirit of the spookiest holiday

& post

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ChubbyChecker

Diorama posted:

hey guys I posted this in the sigs thread too, but what software do you guys use to make animated avs?

it's been about 10ish years since i did photoshop and 3dsmax and stuff so i'm a bit out of the art loop

lets add this here too:

MSPaint and Gimp for cropping and simple drawing stuff.

https://ezgif.com/ for adding text, optimizing and cropping gifs.

https://www.photopea.com/ for adding gifs on backgrounds. Here's a tutorial: https://www.photopea.com/tuts/add-gif-into-a-still-image/

There are many different Youtube cutters, eg.: https://youtube-cutter.org/

For your sig I just downloaded a part of a Youtube clip, uploaded it to Ezgif, resized it, slapped some text on, and then put on max optimization.

e: And for this: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941807&pagenumber=6#post508609038 I followed this tutorial: https://knowyourmeme.com/editorials/guides/how-to-make-baka-mitai-memes-and-other-facemorphs

I had made a background in Gimp, picking the color from a screenshot from Byob. The donut was made by some heroic Byober who I unfortunately don't recall. I cropped the donut pic in Gimp and slapped it on the background.

nut

im working on an av for owlhawk that's gonna be real bad but also hopefully lol

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
Arriving a little late to the party, because I was unsure if I wanted a halloween av, because I find my current av kinda spooky anyway.

However I have come to the conclusion that a halloween av sounds fun. I would be happy with my current Av modified in a halloweenish way whether it be silly or scary. Or should someone be so inclined, they could mess with my original avatar that some nice goon made for me over a decade ago.

Or hell, you could make an entirely unrelated Av for me and who knows maybe it will shape my online persona for decades to come. Good luck.

Jinh

hi i threw this together can i have it + a pumpkin pals gangtag? thankies!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 8, 2020

thanks so much cda <3

nut

Jinh posted:

omg

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

nut posted:

im working on an av for owlhawk that's gonna be real bad but also hopefully lol

hype

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Evil Bob

Jinh posted:

:love:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

what should i b for halloween friends

ChubbyChecker

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

icecream holding a ghost

owlhawk911

there seems to be a vampire crew of sorts forming, you could get in on that w/ some fangs+a cape+maybe dracula style widow's peak on your ghost

Jinh

what's your fav candy?
e:nvm had a better idea

Jinh fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 6, 2020

thanks so much cda <3

nut

Joey McChrist

quick n dirty spooky sig

e; i'll take a pumpkin pals tag if possible thx <3

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Deep fried Snickers. :yosnice:

Jinh

you could be this:

thanks so much cda <3

Jinh

lmaoo just noticed the candy bars :five:

thanks so much cda <3

Joey McChrist

it just had to be full bars :negative:

ChubbyChecker

Jinh posted:

lmaoo just noticed the candy bars :five:

owlhawk911

come THRILL with me, in byob

ok i think i'm ready. all centered ofc, and if you know how to make THRILL red that'd be dope

gag edit: Did I save you before? I think I have, but here it's again just in case:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Oct 8, 2020

nut

take the moon posted:

im contemplating asking for the namechange stake the moon with a stake thru the moon and maybe lil vampire fangs and xed eyes on it butttttt

idk. maybe not that strong a concept & i feel its the def of greed since ive no av or sig making talent whatever & i have another av coming

but u seem insistent & i do want to get into the spirit of the spookiest holiday

& post

I had a nightmare trying to make the moon a vampire, but maybe this is ok...

more falafel please

forums poster

lol

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
nut bringing the goods yet again :hellyeah:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

nut

rear end-penny posted:

A special Halloween av could be real fun.

I want to participate in a larger way but I'm a talentless hack :negative:

disclaimer: this is way bigger than the 150 kb limit for av uploads but i heard whispers that it may be able to get by :twisted:. If not, I'll struggle wildly to get it small

Jinh

nut posted:

disclaimer: this is way bigger than the 150 kb limit for av uploads but i heard whispers that it may be able to get by :twisted:. If not, I'll struggle wildly to get it small

yoooo this is amazing

thanks so much cda <3

take the moon

by sebmojo

nut posted:

holy poo poo

----------------

Evil Bob

nut posted:

:five:

take the moon

by sebmojo

nut posted:

I had a nightmare trying to make the moon a vampire, but maybe this is ok...

its spooky af ty. i <3 it

take the moon fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 7, 2020

----------------

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
so are we all doing sexy vampire and sexy werewolf avatars who fight over a teenage girl again?

Evil Bob

May I request a bone buds tag, and removal of my space buds tag.

Many thanks in advance

pseudorandom

I would like to break my sig virginity if anyone has any spooky ideas. An av could be cool, but I think a sig is my main desire.

gag edit: saving just in case

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Oct 8, 2020

City of Glompton

which old one should i use? i'm thinking the last one with teh cool pumpkin, and no gangtags

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Ass-penny

nut posted:

:popeye:

This is amazing! If it needs a shave somewhere I'm sure we can ditch some normal frames.

Goons Are Gifts

Sorry for being so slow, I'm going to update everyone on tags and also throw together a current update collection of everyone's desired avs so far, so you can double check!

Joey McChrist posted:

quick n dirty spooky sig

e; i'll take a pumpkin pals tag if possible thx <3

Hell yeah that sig rules, havoc crew for all the vampires and werewolves??

nut posted:

While I'd love to see this masterpiece happen and while it is true that we can get it uploaded without any issue, if it doesn't fit the avatar format the panel won't accept it as valid entry when I queue it, so it couldn't show up properly and just break. Or something else breaks. Probably the entire website to be honest, not even Jeffrey knows how this website is staying afloat at this point. Every code endeavor is a risk for complete failure.
Either way, I sadly cannot submit it as av, it wouldn't work, so it has to shrink down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker

City of Glompton posted:

which old one should i use? i'm thinking the last one with teh cool pumpkin, and no gangtags

the last one imo