Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
you traded in some of your xbox 360 games for an extra $6.99 in credit. now you have a brand new brown microsoft zune

what is the first thing you do, now, to maximize the ownage and butthurt you can cause to crapple ibad sheeple?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

gently caress i dunno maybe post about it on ars openforum or some nerd poo poo

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

is the correct answer to have sex with it?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
in 2007 I was buying ipods nano

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'd buy some white earpod things, and when someone was like "cool u got a ipod dude", I'd whip out my brown zune, and let them know, that I indeed did NOT own an ipod.

is there a name for feeling both smug and lonely at the same time

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

linux

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

yospos

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

I've got some more but I have to go let my dog out, stay tuned for more of this gold

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
when I bought the first ipod nano, my friends made fun of me for buying a dmp I could shove up my rear end

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

when I bought the first ipod nano, my friends made fun of me for buying a dmp I could shove up my rear end

you can shove any music player up your rear end if you believe in yourself

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Toms Hardware what's the biggest hard drive I can put into Zune my new ZUNE

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis posted:

I'd buy some white earpod things, and when someone was like "cool u got a ipod dude", I'd whip out my brown zune, and let them know, that I indeed did NOT own an ipod.

pretty good!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

put a cool background on it, some of the included ones were pretty good

maybe listen to the radio with the built in tuner, idk if it was both am and fm or just fm

thats about it, maybe try to find someone to do the wireless share with

The first generation and later Zune devices included a number of social features, including the ability to share songs with other Zune users wirelessly. Songs that had been transferred over wi-fi could then be played three times over three days.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
[squirts music to friends]

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
rip all of my CDs to WMA

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Silver Alicorn posted:

in 2007 I was making ipods nano

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

pram posted:

what is the first thing you do, now, to maximize the ownage and butthurt you can cause to crapple ibad sheeple?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

im hot boxing my friends foxbody mustang and listening to coheed and cambria, unaware that i will never be this happy again

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

popping it open to scan the pcbs for my heroes at rockbox

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

I’ve bought all my albums from Microsoft PlaysForSure so I’ve got songs for days for my Zune

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

my bitter bi rival posted:

im hot boxing my friends foxbody mustang and listening to coheed and cambria, unaware that i will never be this happy again

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

did gamestop seriously sell zunes? lol

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

turd brick

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

i rest comfortably in the knowledge of never having to buy another media player in the foreseeable future

pram
Jun 10, 2001

my bitter bi rival posted:

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

SO DEMANDING posted:

did gamestop seriously sell zunes? lol

yes, yes they did lol

https://www.thestreet.com/technology/gamestop-to-stop-zune-sales-10418052

"We have decided to exit the Zune category because it just did not have the appeal we had anticipated," said a GameStop spokesperson.

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

Boiled Water posted:

i rest comfortably in the knowledge of never having to buy another media player in the foreseeable future

a couple of years ago i walked past someones desk at work and they had a brown zune sitting there. i did a double take and stopped to check i wasn't imaging things. it had headphones connected so i guess it was still chugging along rather than just being a curio. they weren't there to ask.

PCjr sidecar posted:

Microsoft PlaysForSure

:ironicat:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
*fires up 56k modem and opens firefox to brag about my killer new gadget on aim*

Best Bi Geek Squid fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 8, 2020

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

*also buys a wii to flip to cover the cost of the zune*

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
i'd spend money on a media player with any sort of tactile control that I operate basic functionality while not looking. clicky wheel ipods were the best.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

i'd spend money on a media player with any sort of tactile control that I operate basic functionality while not looking. clicky wheel ipods were the best.

likewise with phones

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Buy a bunch of Apple stock, then short a bunch of mortgage funds, then idk buy a ticket to China and start poaching bats

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I’m buying shares in a doomed market from the comfort of my toilet. I couldn’t do that on my 2007 zune.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Penguissimo posted:

I've got some more but I have to go let my dog out, stay tuned for more of this gold

:peanut:

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

heard this guy got the zune tat touched up/removed but ngl that tat would be some real street cred in 2020

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I don't yet know that it's all downhill from here

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

George posted:

heard this guy got the zune tat touched up/removed but ngl that tat would be some real street cred in 2020

being the zune tatto guy is baller. if you got a new job and one of the devs was the loving zune tatto guy you'd instantly know he was top dog

pram
Jun 10, 2001
WEL
COME TO
THE SOC
IAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I just bought some music on iTunes. literally just now