Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
So far this my favorite season since S1. S2 and S3 took a loooong time to grow on me. They were more "burn after reading" incompetence instead of Fargo earnestness. This one brings back the earnest nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

PerilPastry posted:

Oh, I think the part is perfectly well written. I just feel that Rock - for all his charisma in other settings - was cast in a role that doesn't play to his strengths and that his performance comes across as rigid and self-serious. Especially compared to the guy portraying Doctor Senator.

I'm enjoying him being a straight-man. He's a bit of a highlight of the season for me. Part of it, I think, is that Chris Rock still shines through so it creates the illusion of depth beyond what is just presented. It's like that thing you'd do in elementary school where you put together two drawings to create an image that looks 3D.