Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

After a hiatus of over three years, the fourth season of FARGO is airing on FX now!

quote:

The fourth season is set in 1950 in Kansas City and the story follows two crime syndicates as they vie for control. The cast is led by Chris Rock, who plays Loy Cannon, the head of a crime syndicate made up of black migrants fleeing the Jim Crow South who have a contentious relationship with the Kansas City mafia.

As well as Rock, we also have Jason Schwartzman as Josto Fadda, one of the heads of the Kansas City Mafia, Jessie Buckley as bizarro nurse Oraetta Mayflower, E'myri Crutchfield as Ethelrida Pearl Smutney, daughter of mixed race parents and Oraetta’s neighbour, Glynn Turman as Loy’s rigjt-hand man Doctor Senator, Ben Whishaw as Rabbi Milligan, an Irishman “traded” to the Italians as a child, Timothy Olyphant as Mormon marshal Dick “Deafy” Wickware, and a great many more (seriously, so many more, there’s so many goddamn characters this season).

Currently three episodes have aired out of a planned 11, and personally I am enjoying it! It’s definitely shaping up to be one of the lesser seasons but it still has the same fun dialogue/style, some excellent intriguing characters, and a good amount of the magic that made seasons 1 and 2 especially so great. Buckley especially is just fantastic.

Ok other people make posts now!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

I think it's probably weaker than the other seasons, at least form what I've seen so far, but the handjob scene is probably the funniest the series has ever been so it's a wash.

One of the reasons I hadn’t made this thread already is because I couldn’t think of a good thread title. Soon as that scene happened I knew I had one.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
ep 4 is definitely the best so far imo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I will say that Jessie Buckley, who I was previously unfamiliar with before S4, is my new celebrity crush (:allears:)

You should watch i’m thinking of ending things on Netflix

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The final scene of season 3 is one of the best single scenes in the whole show

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This season had great performances, visuals, and individual scenes, but absolutely no structure or consistent overarching themes whatsoever. It literally is just “a bunch of things that happened”. It’s hard to call it actively bad when so many individual little things worked, but it didn’t cohere into a satisfactory whole at all. Definitely the weakest season so far

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Watch i’m thinking of ending things for more Jesse Buckley greatness (and also greatness in general it’s the best movie of the year probably)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Put in a request for a thread title change. In the meantime, here’s some posters!

Will watch the first two episodes tonight :)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wow this season is a huge step up already. The air horn was funny as hell

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lmfao that episode was all over the place in a really fun way

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s true that not a lot happened in this episode, but the execution of that not a lot was still loving awesome

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
loving HELL that opening scene :stare: so loving tense and well-paced and shot

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Definitely agree that Foley not even bothering to call JJL was dumb. Otherwise a great episode!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
what the gently caress that ending was so lovely oh my god

great season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
mad max that’s bait dot gif