Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
It's amazing how Neil seems to be relevant across all of these years.

I remember running into his work way back in 2002 when Animutations were all the rage.

Then he made Ultimate Showdown

Then he made Potter Puppet Pals

Now he's tearing it up with his mashup work.

A genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

TV says donuts are high in fat kazoo

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
Spotify decided to play me a Lemon Demon song and I thought it was pretty decent.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

He probably doesn’t like us anymore since we were all really mean to him 10 years ago

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
The Starting Line was funny. Haven't seen anything else from the guy

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

didnt this guy get helldumped way back when or am i misremembering that

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
No thread gas thread ban op

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Chillgamesh posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the only reason I recognize his name.

Re: Flareon, two things:

1) How the gently caress do you even figure something like that out?

2) Why can ANY fire-types learn Solarbeam? It's a grass-type move, and it only really makes sense for grass-type Pokemon (maybe bugs too, I don't know) to be able to learn it.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

drat i was just thinking we needed this thread

Yeah its kinda amazing all the stuff this guy has touched that became internet gold. The latest Mashup bangs

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Chillgamesh posted:

Didn't yo mama get CUMDUMPED

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the only reason I recognize his name.

Re: Flareon, two things:

1) How the gently caress do you even figure something like that out?

2) Why can ANY fire-types learn Solarbeam? It's a grass-type move, and it only really makes sense for grass-type Pokemon (maybe bugs too, I don't know) to be able to learn it.

I looked it up on Bulbapedia and was instantly reminded that while the basic concept of Pokemon is fun, it gets really deep in the weeds with very specific rules and knowledge that you have no way of knowing without outside information. Like the contests in the game are just doing specific moves in the right order with no real indication as to what they're supposed be. Not to mention bullshit hidden stats like EVs.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

YeahTubaMike posted:

Why wouldn't a fire-type be able to shoot out heat rays?

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Who What Now posted:

Because in this case its powered by the sun (with photosynthesis i guess?), and that's plant business that regular fire critters aint got no business dabblin' in

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I thought it turned out Neil Cicierega was some sort of super weight sex pest. His sister is infinitely cooler.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

I looked it up on Bulbapedia and was instantly reminded that while the basic concept of Pokemon is fun, it gets really deep in the weeds with very specific rules and knowledge that you have no way of knowing without outside information. Like the contests in the game are just doing specific moves in the right order with no real indication as to what they're supposed be. Not to mention bullshit hidden stats like EVs.

God, gently caress EVs and IVs. A friend of mine was 100% sure he would beat me in a Pokemon battle, and I played him with my crew & absolutely crushed him. Then he played me with his EV/IV-trained team and pretty much one-hit KOed my entire crew. To be honest, I would rather get curbstomped in battle than spend a whole shitload of time finding Pokemon with the right EVs/IVs and killing Rattatas all day or whatever the hell they do.

Who What Now posted:

They can, with Flamethrower and Fire Blast. How many other heat rays do the fire-types need?

Plus, if Solarbeam counts as a "heat ray", then fire-types shouldn't need an extra turn to absorb the sun's power. :colbert:

edit:

RepeatingMeme posted:

Because in this case its powered by the sun (with photosynthesis i guess?), and that's plant business that regular fire critters aint got no business dabblin' in

There it is. :hfive:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

I said come in! posted:

I thought it turned out Neil Cicierega was some sort of super weight sex pest. His sister is infinitely cooler.

oh no wat? agreed on his sister

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
His new album is pretty good

Rascallion
Feb 10, 2014
All I am seeing is that people were creeping on his sister and girlfriend. Why was he banned?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

YeahTubaMike posted:

God, gently caress EVs and IVs. A friend of mine was 100% sure he would beat me in a Pokemon battle, and I played him with my crew & absolutely crushed him. Then he played me with his EV/IV-trained team and pretty much one-hit KOed my entire crew. To be honest, I would rather get curbstomped in battle than spend a whole shitload of time finding Pokemon with the right EVs/IVs and killing Rattatas all day or whatever the hell they do.

They can, with Flamethrower and Fire Blast. How many other heat rays do the fire-types need?

Plus, if Solarbeam counts as a "heat ray", then fire-types shouldn't need an extra turn to absorb the sun's power. :colbert:

edit:

There it is. :hfive:

You don't train competitive pokemon any more, you just hack them into the game.

Also, flamethrower isn't a ray.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
The entire Mouth album series is amazing, so many gems in there. If I try to list my top favorite tracks I just end up listing pretty much every other track

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Neil is hella cool and what Goons did to him and his sister was disgusting.

He made the right choice to leave.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Wtf happened?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

every time i scroll by this thread i get I've Got Some Falling To Do stuck in my head

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

His sister made an account, shared some art, posted in the selfie thread and was perfectly nice.

Goons swarmed on her, were extremely gross.

Neil defended her, called out Goons for being gross and they helldumped him.

He stayed in the fight for too long and Goons kept making it worse.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

wtf why

quote:

In my dealings with internet bullies I have learned one important thing and that is never to ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

never to fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. Fffffffffffffffff Sorry something is wrong with my keybofffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

In my dealings with internet bullies I have learned one important thing and that is never to give up.
It really is a fight that I cannot lose. That is why I will continue to insult, attack, and someday rape you.
As my good friend Tay Zonday of Chocolate Rain fame once said: As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world - that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves.

I was just an eleven year old boy when I killed that kid. We were at recess. He was insulting me (Helldumping me really) saying things like you'll never be famous, you'll never have your own page on Wikipedia.
I made a snap judgment that would stay with me for the rest of my life: I wrote my first song.
It was angry, beautiful, and over in a second. I composed a melody of screams as I pushed the bully over, and permanently connected his head to the pavement.

A baby born will die before the sin.

Years later I am still that eleven year old. And my playground bully didn't truly die. He lives on in all of you.
And you will keep pushing me and pushing me until I snap. And I will relive that terrible moment for all of eternity, writing a new song every time we go 'round.
And no matter how old I am or how many GEDs I get, I will always be homeschooled, always be paying for my song.

This is why you hate my art. You're the audienfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:staredog:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygI-2F8ApUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UivcJ2VdhfA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHoJSgq6mqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DIQKUZIqHo

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Legin Noslen posted:

Didn't yo mama get CUMDUMPED

Obviously or I wouldn’t be posting:confused:

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Pasketti posted:

The entire Mouth album series is amazing, so many gems in there. If I try to list my top favorite tracks I just end up listing pretty much every other track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEfr1eMCaPE

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Jfc, this forum creeps on every famous woman who ends up coming near, god dammit you guys. Never forget Kate Beaton :mad:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Who What Now posted:

Also, flamethrower isn't a ray.

Maybe it's not a ray, but it's a beam, which is definitely in the ray family. :colbert:

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Jfc, this forum creeps on every famous woman who ends up coming near, god dammit you guys. Never forget Kate Beaton :mad:

That pissed me off so much, because she was so cool.

Tarkus V2.0
May 30, 2008
This place has a problem with famous people in general. What about space nerd Wil Wheaton or CliffyB. They were chased off here too by creepy weirdos.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tarkus V2.0 posted:

This place has a problem with famous people in general. What about space nerd Wil Wheaton or CliffyB. They were chased off here too by creepy weirdos.

CliffyB is a creepy weirdo himself, so that was okay. I didn't know Wil Wheaton was a goon though.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The latter half of Mouth Dreams is better than the first half, at least for "good as a song" quality than "funny joke"

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I said come in! posted:

CliffyB is a creepy weirdo himself, so that was okay. I didn't know Wil Wheaton was a goon though.

I'd say nothing of value was lost in running out Wheaton though

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

YeahTubaMike posted:

Maybe it's not a ray, but it's a beam, which is definitely in the ray family. :colbert:

That pissed me off so much, because she was so cool.

I always love ambushing people with the knowledge of James Joice's love letters. She's totally cool in my book for bringing that to the internet's attention.

Tarkus V2.0
May 30, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, well so was everyone else here at the time. I wouldn't have wanted to be a woman on these forums back in the day, god drat did goons hate women in their own special way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

StrangersInTheNight posted:

From what I understand, she later said she stopped posting here because SA wasn't really her kind of place and she had other things to do, and while there were creepy goons, that wasn't the primary reason she left. Also the ongoing goon apologies and handwringing weirded her out more than what she experienced while she was actually here.

That's not to say that goons haven't driven people from the boards before, cause I'm sure we have, just, maybe stop worrying about Kate Beaton.

E: of course that's all like third or fourth hand info and if y'all know better, by all means speak up.

Phy fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 7, 2020