Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

White seems appropriate :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I've got your discord right here, punk :colbert:

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

this is my first time playing, how do i go in the vents like red did

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I don't like what you seem to be insinuating here.

##vote PMush

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

If it's brown, lie down.

If it's black, fight back.

If it's white... good night!

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Am I talking about crewmates, bears, or people? :thunk:

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Can we make fake day actions legal for the rest of D1?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I dunno if Squiggly's scum, but he is pretty drat annoying.

##vote Squiggly

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Uh... shouldn't we wait until the night actions are resolved?

Retro?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I'm kind of surprised Amoeba got NK'ed, his argument with Squiggly on the last page was the start of the momentum against him and I was mentally preparing a case on him. Hmm.

The other thing arousing my suspicions is the Biaga/Obama tandem. They voted within 2 minutes of each other and made a bunch of posts in quick succession painting a target on his back. Those were votes 3 and 4, others including me piled on the bandwagon, and that was that. Biaga in particular was coming on a little strong there.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Admittedly voting someone in spite of an alignment call is sketchy imo. ##vote Ceyton

Biaga also voted Squiggly purely because he was annoying.

PMush rushed the hammer because D1 was dragging on too long.

How is my vote any more suspicious than theirs?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Hey, I'm just a rookie who had no idea people would react so badly to a glib post. But if you really think I'm the best option for introducing to the airlock, go ahead, because I'm not going to be able to convince you otherwise.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Dick Bastardly posted:

I disagree with Sqiggly's sus on amoeba for the reason of amoeba "not wanting to tie a vote down" in jest or otherwise, and find it odd that Squiggly didn't put down a serious vote on amoeba (assuming Sqiggly is serious about the sus as alluded to by the statement about killing joke phase). I think ##vote Squiggly is valid as much as a light case could argue on such a slow D1.

Italics mine. You were vote #5 on Squiggs, just before me.

Dick Bastardly posted:

SNG's is clearly a joke vote. Obama me toos a vote but claims to believe that Squiggs is actually scum which is slightly better than Ceyton's vote.

Ceyton posted:

I dunno if Squiggly's scum, but he is pretty drat annoying.

##vote Squiggly

Admittedly voting someone in spite of an alignment call is sketchy imo. ##vote Ceyton

:thunk:

##vote Dick

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

JOHN CENA posted:

what is this

Thanks for pointing this out btw

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Dick Bastardly posted:

The difference is I thought squiggly could be scum for making contradictory statements (their reason for sus on amoeba being incongruent with their own play, specifically not voting someone they just sussed in a serious way.)

You literally said Squiggly could be town but who cares because they are annoying. That is empirically anti-town behavior.

I don't think what you said and what I said are all that different. They're both effectively "I publicly acknowledge it's a weak case, but I'm hopping on this bandwagon anyway LOL".

Besides you also doing the thing you're accusing me of, it's specious reasoning anyway. It's impossible to have a firm logical case against anybody on D1. Whether it's said out loud or not, every D1 vote carries an assumption of "yeah it's flimsy justification, and balance of probabilities is that I'm railroading an innocent townie, buuuuut..."

The difference between you and me is that you came blazing out of the gate after me on D2, using this as your primary argument.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Sandwolf posted:

Ceyton and Obama appear to be on the same team though.

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Or you and DB are on the same team... seriously what amoeba said was barely anything.

I think you're both right :yum:

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Sandwolf posted:

Ceyton why don't you explain why you think I'm scum. Bonus points if you don't use DB's name once.

Separating you from DB is going to be hard to do. You two seem to be joined at the hip.

You've been attacking me all day, yet you've never made your own case against me - you piggybacked on DB's, just quoted his post without adding anything.

You've attacked other posters for pointing out that I might be town:

Sandwolf posted:

I agree with Zyzzx’s post about Biaga’s statement but I can’t help but feel like it’s trying to divert attention to Biaga specifically from Ceyton.

If Ceyton flips scum probably gonna be UP zzyzx’s rear end

Sandwolf posted:

Really going out of your way not to say the name ‘Ceyton’ here

Sandwolf posted:

What the gently caress kind of scumteam have you been on where someone else on the team rushes into discord to alleviate the newbie scum’s concern that the one vote isn’t that bad?

This is an impressive level of hoop-jumping to make Ceyton not scum.

You've tried to shut down the discussion:

Sandwolf posted:

This is needlessly argumentative and I don’t know why.

Let’s vote Ceyton or Obama.

You've also made more than 1 post coming to DB's defence when others started questioning him.

Sandwolf posted:

this isn't even taking into account all the snipey, shadey comments they're throwing my way now

That's rich, coming from you. You have by far the most posts ITT and a lot of them are snippy one-liners.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Sandwolf posted:

that's a pretty good post Ceyton!!!

:tipshat:

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Dick Bastardly posted:

I am weary of possible scum warming up to me because I tend to be susceptible to that sometimes. I'm not counting out the possibility that Sandwolf could be courting my favor by generally agreeing (or seeming to) with my perspective of the game so far, but it's a null read for me because I can't tell in this case if Sandwolf is inherently scummy for it. So I do feel a little better about Ceyton after that however ##unvote

And my case was based on you coming after me for D1 behavior that I could equally well accuse you of. Soooooo ##unvote for now

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Earlier I mentioned that Sandwolf had lept to DB's defense on multiple occasions. Here are the posts:

Sandwolf posted:

But zzyzx tell me why DB is scum for that?

And while I am always glad to have you on the team SNG I am also a little suspicious when you +1 my cases

Sandwolf posted:

Mmm, yeah, but couldn’t also DB just be talking about a color

Sandwolf posted:

don't like the vote on dick or any of the votes on dick sooOooo

Sandwolf posted:

I have personally been on at least four scum teams recently where we made at LEAST one (1) NK decision based on who was saying bad things we didn’t like during the day. I don’t know why amoeba was killed but DB looking into amoebas suspicions is as townie as it gets.

Ceyton and Obama appear to be on the same team though.

Sandwolf posted:

seems desperate to paint DB in a negative light, but I don't think DB has done anything scummy, and it FEELS a lot like they thought DB would be an easy lunch after yesterday and they're trying to hammer home how DB is scummy here and wow obviously everyone should vote there

it's scummy as hell

this isn't even taking into account all the snipey, shadey comments they're throwing my way now

(along with Ceyton:)

Ceyton why don't you explain why you think I'm scum. Bonus points if you don't use DB's name once.

That's in addition to piggybacking DB's case against me, and pushing it harder and with more aggressive tactics than DB ever did.

It appears to be a very one-sided relationship though. DB hardly ever mentions Sandwolf in his posts.

Why hitch your wagon so strongly to DB, Wolfie? You afraid of expressing any thoughts of your own? Maybe your plan was to sic the mob on me, then on D3 you could say "Hey don't blame me guys, DB persuaded me. LET'S GET HIM, FELLAS!"

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I only ever had a case against Dick because he was (hypocritically) attacking me for my D1 vote. Since he unvoted me, I figured I'd return the détente.

Hal Incandenza posted:

It’s definitely some weird logic to unvote DB and then continue to push Sandwolf for supposedly defending his scum buddy DB

Yesterday I thought Dick and Sandwolf were scum buddies... but after re-reading Dick's posts, his case against me was never very strong and he never pushed it very hard. Sandwolf did.

The theory I'm working with now is that scum's plan for D2 was to get either me or Dick launched, and set up the other to be the patsy on D3. But Sandwolf botched it by coming on too strong.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

To be clear, I'm still entertaining theories that Dick is scum, but I think Sandwolf is much more likely scum.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Fair, but I am not totally clear on the Sandwolf case. Is it just that he hopped onto DBs case against you and was defending DB? I feel like Sandwolf thus far has been poking around and seeing what is up in a fairly townie way

He literally just emptyquoted Dick's case and started laying into me. He didn't give his own thoughts as to why he believed it was worth pursuing over the other D1 bandwagon voters, nor did he seem to notice or care about Dick's hypocrisy in going after me. IMO this is a responsibility-dodging tactic and is inherently scummy.

He's also been casting suspicions on several different posters for defending me, or for questioning Dick. I don't think town benefits from chilling effects.

As for the defending - it's a matter of degrees, and he's been doing it a lot. Why would a townie be so invested in taking up the mantle for another poster? If Sandwolf is town, he can't know whether Dick is town (unless he's another cop or they're masons, etc., but that's very unlikely). Why not just let Dick defend himself?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I'm open to the possibility of being wrong about Sandwolf, that's why I didn't vote him yet. No one else is supporting my case, so it must not be very good.

Biaga posted:

I think your actions have been a lot more suspect than him.

How so?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

sandnavyguy posted:

Look, here is my input on the matter, and it hasn’t changed.

They Day 1 mislunched was likely a scum rush, a great opportunity to get rid of a townie early in a very low engagement game.

Doesn't a launch on D1 usually favor town in the long run, though? And by extension, scum would want a no-launch?

quote:

Of the votes, the last, second to last, and third to last should be highly scrutinized if it was in fact a scum rush, as these are the best points tactically to enforce a hammer. Most attention on the second to last, as the last vote could very well be a swayed townie.

Why can't N-1 (or -2 or -3) be swayed townies, as well? Especially when it's 7 to hammer, the bandwagon is in full effect by then.

quote:

The last vote was Pmush, and I don’t think it was scummy, just a mistake: I base this on the relative low engagement and the fact that if you didn’t look closely there were several votes in succession that could have hid the fact it was -1.

The second to last is Ceyton, and a solid pick on those grounds alone, further by the hoops others have gone to such as zz to shift blame. this is my pick based purely on the strategy of a scum rush, and barring some actual conversation into another gambit that could have feasibly been played, is where my vote will firmly stay.

Third to last was DB, who has been the target of scrutiny, sure, followed by a slew of invites? Is this bussing? Is this town just confused? I don’t know but maybe we’ll find out. They are my pick tomorrow, barring anything of note happening N2 or the rest of today.

Sorry for the lack of posting, It’s been very hectic IRL rn. Hopefully that should be done now though.

You don't think DB immediately casing me on D2 makes him more suspicious than me?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

sandnavyguy posted:

Oh no, it’s a possibility everyone lunching could have been a townie, I’m not arguing it has to be my way, it’s just I think if scum is playing well then it’s unlikely.

I’m saying it’s far more likely, on a day with low engagement and no night bingo, for scum to decide to make a play to rush someone early, throwing things into disarray when there is a lowered chance of discussion catching it because the temperature of the thread is more lurky.

Bandwagon effect is much more effective near DL, not for an early lunch. Unless you have some fair evidence, people won’t want to just hammer so early, much as everyone is doing today by inviting because fear of leading to another rush.

Yeah, I guess you're right. D1 launch would favor scum if they could keep a lid on the amount of information coming out of it. Thanks~

I still disagree with your choice of me over DB though. He called me "empirically anti-town" and my vote "at least an order of magnitude worse" than his, when we did both did exactly the same drat thing.

What "actions others took either against you or on your behalf to shift the conversation" are you referring to, specifically?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Oh yeah, that reminds me. We're back on, Dick.

##vote DB

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Looks like it's gonna be NL though.

Votes are 4-2-1-1, Dick needs 2 more. The only votes left are Cena and... DB.

Only guy who I think might change his mind is Hal.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Eh... we'll probably take that disagreement to our graves.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I was the first to vote against you, remember? I did a détente out of politeness, and I really did dislike how Sandwolf was behaving, but now I think it's time for you to go.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Don't text and drive SNG :ohdear:

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

BAH GAWD, CENA'S GOT HIM IN THE STF :bahgawd:

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

:toot:

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I'm pretty sure Zzyzx and Obama are town, they both correctly read DB's play, suspected him early on, and stuck to their guns.

Quite a few people hedged their bets between me and DB, and I get that. But given DB's flip I think anyone who strongly suspected me while downplaying DB (lookin' at you Sandwolf and Biaga) is suspicious.

I've got mixed feelings on PMush, need to think about it some more. Definitely not my #1 suspect right now though.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I was thinking of Hal as a sort of "Biaga Lite", but you're making some good points zzyz

I'm neutral on Cena, he was definitely going to lengths to not commit to DB, but he was also casting suspicions on DB's push while it still had momentum. He seems to feel much stronger about PMush, and I'm not sure what to make of that yet.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Today's a little tougher now that no one is pushing an obvious bullshit case against me.

My Sandwolf case got no serious takers on D2, and even after DB flipped it's only getting lukewarm support from a couple of people on D3... I'd think stanning scum that hard would be a bit suspicious, but none of the vets seem to think so. Think I'll drop this one.

I'm pretty confused by the Cena/PMush situation. I'm getting a mix of town and scum pings off both of them, and on balance I don't have any strong feelings. That D1 hammer is bothering me a bit though. The decision that it was an innocent mistake was so quick and unanimous that I think it was anticipatable. Does anyone else think so, or am I just being :tinfoil: here?

Gonna put Hal and Biaga under a magnifying glass.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

JOHN CENA posted:

eh reads:
ceyton
zzyzx (does anyone else feel like these two are married in the game?)
obamaakbar.

It is an open polyamorous relationship :colbert:

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

vote ##PMush

Try formatting it properly next time :sweatdrop:

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Ceyton posted:

Gonna put Hal and Biaga under a magnifying glass.

As town, I think they're both doing a pretty bad job by not posting much at all, and posting even less in the way of useful content.

Biaga at least had an argument with Obama over whose D1 vote was scummier, and made a few posts justifying why he suspected me. He did change his vote to DB in the end though, and something I noticed is that his vote confirmed that there would be a hammer (at that point SNG had voted/unvoted and announced he would hammer, Cena was an unknown factor, and who knows WTF Hal was doing). Without his vote there was still the possibility of an NL.

Hal clearly favored voting me over DB, but then suddenly swerved and threw down a completely pointless and unjustified vote for SNG. I'm having trouble coming up with an angle on that, other than deliberately trying to be as unhelpful as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Well now. :munch: