Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
The only seats available are in the Smoking section.

There's a great song I heard on the radio, but I don't know the artist or title.

Waiting in line at the bank every Friday to deposit your paycheck.

Winter is so cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Just boring vacation films.

At least granddad had the good sense to transfer the 8mm film to VHS so I don't have to overpay some professional rear end in a top hat to digitize that poo poo that way. But on this last tape I did, it appears exactly that burn problem may have happened to him a couple of times, lol.

That’s the absolute best case scenario I can imagine (for the films content).

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cobalt-60 posted:

Winter is so cold.
I remember when late January through February would be this slog through single digits. By the time my 20s hit we'd be lucky to have 2 full weeks that low. poo poo's loving scary.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Statutory Ape posted:

drat i came here to post a floppy disk one too :(

I was going to do a Zip disk one. Ah well...

Mom's using the phone so I have to wait to use the internet anyway. :shrug:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Bodyholes posted:

I was going to do a Zip disk one. Ah well...

Mom's using the phone so I have to wait to use the internet anyway. :shrug:

Hey, at least they are picking up all your long distance charges.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Not really wanting to vote for Joe Biden but ugh I guess I have to in order to keep the Supreme Cou

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Cobalt-60 posted:

The only seats available are in the Smoking section.

I remember in the mid 90's there was a smoking room in my mall, which was just a big hazy glass room with a dozen people in it, puffing away. I have no idea why they just didn't send them outside, but it was Canada, so maybe it was too cold?

What I did know is there was always at least someone in there. I don't even think you needed a cigarette at peak periods. Just walk in and breath the second-hand fumes. :barf:

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

Can't decide which affordable nice home in a nice neighborhood to purchase.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Deciding which Kings of Leon album to put on my Zune

Just the first two, and mayyyyybe a couple of tracks off the third. If you hit Sex On Fire you've gone too far hth

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

My humours are all hosed up and I've gotta slaughter all these Gauls

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The weed is full of seeds and tastes like cat piss

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

poverty goat posted:

The weed is full of seeds and tastes like cat piss

I live in the UK and all my weed is like this

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

pablo gbscobar posted:

I live in the UK and all my weed is like this

i know its not your fault its a supply and demand and government thing but one time i was on tour here in America with a British guy and when we went thru LA he went out and hooked up some weed and it was the seediest, piss smellingist weed i had seen out of california in a decade (this was like two years before full legalization). i dont know where the gently caress he managed to find it

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I went to the mall about bought the VHS of The Hunt for Red October for $90. Now I can... like... watch that poo poo whenever I want.

But I didn't have a quarter left for the payphone bank so I had to call Mom collect so she could come pick me up.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
I'm glad I count as in-state; this Penn State tuition is up to $6000/year. It'll be worth it, though; over their lifetime,a college-educated person will earn over a MILLION dollars more than someone without a degree!Especially if you get hired at one of those new dot-com places. they're hiring anyone with the computer skills out of college, paying them a lot, AND you get stock! I'm gonna be rich like those Microsoft guys!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
loving hard core criminals, this page :colbert: lock ‘em up

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Rolled over the Zip disk I keep my midi collection on with my computer chair

Bodyholes posted:

I was going to do a Zip disk one. Ah well.

Piss

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Cobalt-60 posted:

I'm glad I count as in-state; this Penn State tuition is up to $6000/year. It'll be worth it, though; over their lifetime,a college-educated person will earn over a MILLION dollars more than someone without a degree!Especially if you get hired at one of those new dot-com places. they're hiring anyone with the computer skills out of college, paying them a lot, AND you get stock! I'm gonna be rich like those Microsoft guys!
Just recently I suddenly remembered transferring out of my computer science major as the dot-com crash had recently happened and the conventional wisdom was that computer jobs were basically dead again. Oops! Back out of my memories you go forever, deep shame

Ooh, a problem nobody has anymore: being ashamed of openly acknowledging their own stupidity

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Sex Robot posted:

Rolled over the Zip disk I keep my midi collection on with my computer chair

When I was in college it literally was a requirement for CS majors to own a Zip drive and carry all of your code and other projects around with you on Zip disks.

I am an old. :sigh:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Movie theaters, restaurants, and planes are too crowded.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

planes are too crowded.

the last time i took a flight, in the middle of march when people were really starting to panic, the plane was half full... but since most of the seats in coach were reserved for "economy plus" or "extra legroom" poo poo you had to pay extra for, they still crammed everybody together instead of letting people spread out

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The weekly Top Ten is coming up in five minutes and the only cassette I have has the tabs removed AND I'M OUT OF SCOTCH TAPE!!! Aaaahhhhhhhhh

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I remember in 2004 they tried to get us to use Zip disks in college, but I had a fancy 512 MB flash drive I could use instead.

I also remember Win XP Service Pack 2 causing a lot of controversy.

...! posted:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Earwicker posted:

the last time i took a flight, in the middle of march when people were really starting to panic, the plane was half full... but since most of the seats in coach were reserved for "economy plus" or "extra legroom" poo poo you had to pay extra for, they still crammed everybody together instead of letting people spread out

lmao virus bad but not bad enough for the execs to stop scraping for that last dollar :capitalism:

shame that's a problem we can't seem to get rid of

Scott Lame
Jan 8, 2014
Commuting to work. Mine wasn't even that bad but I won't miss having to go out and scrape my windshield on a frosty morning, or worry about busting my rear end on a frozen parking lot.

For that matter, getting up in the dark to take a shower, knowing the water's going to be ice cold either right away or before you're done. WFH ("for the foreseeable future") means I can roll out of bed at 8:55 and take a shower when I feel like it.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

lmao virus bad but not bad enough for the execs to stop scraping for that last dollar :capitalism:

shame that's a problem we can't seem to get rid of

To be sort of fair in a case like that if anyone bothered to ask and could readily reach the execs they would far rather just do w/e and have no one bother them if it meant losing chump change from one flight. Decisions to be a hardass over company policy are often more power tripping middle management than people in charge, at least on a case by case basis.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
loving crabs. who the gently caress gave me crabs god this itches so much loving shampoo isnt doing poo poo.

Cobalt-60 posted:

Waiting in line at the bank every Friday to deposit your paycheck.

Winter is so cold.

i still have these problems. small buisness poo poo boss wont do direct deposit for my brother and also he works mon-fri 9-5 and banks arent open on sat so i gotta deposit it for him because did i mention his poo poo boss wont let him off 30min early to bank.

also i hate being cold like it causes my hands to have a burning sensation just to reach into a fridge and i actually have freezer mittens to get stuff out of my freezer because it really hurts to reach in. the burning sensation happens with the mittens still.

snergle fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 13, 2020

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

What does a computer having a hard drive mean? I don't know if I trust this concept.

I am also an old.

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh
All 3 TV channels have closed for the night & I'm still awake :argh:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

...! posted:

When I was in college it literally was a requirement for CS majors to own a Zip drive and carry all of your code and other projects around with you on Zip disks.

High school we were still using 5.25" floppies, dawg. Get off MY lawn.

Frazzbo posted:

I am also conditioned to expect TV static after the National Anthem.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Xenocides posted:

What does a computer having a hard drive mean? I don't know if I trust this concept.

I am also an old.

I may be mis-remembering things slightly, but I remember my dad bringing home our first hard drive and I think it was quite a bit larger than a 3.5" drive and was only 64mb or something and was $500-ish. That was for our Tandy 1000 in 86-87. We never had one, but I remember really wanting the hard drive for our TI-99/4A. It was big and looked like a powered subwoofer with a brushed stainless exterior. I wanted one hoping I'd never have to load Tunnels of Doom from cassette again.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Frazzbo posted:

God, I still remember waiting at 6 am as a kid for Saturday morning cartoons to start. Just staring at that test pattern until the station opened for the day. Waiting for Saturday morning cartoons is another problem no one has anymore.

And those were the days before it was decided that Looney Tunes are too violent for children and literally every channel decided to stop airing them on the off-chance that some kid somewhere happened upon one of them and decided to go on a murder spree.

So "Looney Tunes airing all the drat time" is yet another problem nobody has anymore.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And yet they let us all watch Dragon Ball Z.

Which in retrospect was like half sitcom, especially the filler. Remember the turtle's birthday?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
4 hour blocks of "Paid Programming" between 2 and 6 AM (which could mean clothed, swimsuited boobs depending on the channel :pervert:)

e:
does this even exist anymore?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayf1sYiNLhQ

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Quiet! The news radio School Closings report is almost to our school's number! I hope it's another snow day; last time I made a whole $30 shoveling. Bought a Bugle Boy and 2 NO FEAR T-shirts. Maybe this time, I'll make enough to buy another Game Boy game.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Not enough virus in air

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Feeling shame at the idea Bill Cosby is probably a scumbag.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
sea peoples

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Going to weddings and baby showers all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I remember in 2004 they tried to get us to use Zip disks in college, but I had a fancy 512 MB flash drive I could use instead.

I also remember Win XP Service Pack 2 causing a lot of controversy.

I showed up with my code on a burned CD thinking I was the poo poo for having a cd burner to find out my professor's laptop didn't have a cd drive! How would you install anything?!?!