Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Cobalt-60 posted:

Batteries ran out on my Game Boy, now I gotta get another $2 for more.

I have to plug my Game Gear in & sit next to the wall because otherwise it'll drain my brand new batteries in eight minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Having to wait until your computer says "it's safe to turn off your computer" to turn off your computer

Animal-Mother posted:

needing to degauss a monitor

I miss Disk Defragmenter. :smith:

Yvershek posted:

Having to pay out of state phone charges since my metro area has three area codes. What crock.

As someone who's from NYC, I wonder if we had to pay long distance charges to call 516 numbers. Also,

Having to buy calling cards to call people in different states

Having to dial "1" before the rest of a number outside of your area code

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Cobalt-60 posted:

(What DID happen to all the pay phones?)

They got raptured and went to Payphone Heaven. :angel:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Icochet posted:

Seriously what the gently caress happens in a pocket with headphones in it? Instant wire-fuckery. How? Who? WHY?

That's why you have to wrap the headphones around your Walkman/Discman/Creative Zen M/phone before you put them away.

edit:

Earwicker posted:

ive had coworkers and bosses who insisted on starting or continuing work conversations at urinals i hate it

I'm so glad I never have to experience this nightmare.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Walkmans never playing songs at the right speed.