Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Cody Ceci loving sucks shitloads at hockey in that paying him to not play for your team is a net benefit. loving gently caress you GM JR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

goldrush posted:

Thank god Rutherford took Ceci off the market before Jimbo could get him

:emptyquote:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

looks like a good fit for pittsburgh imo

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Motherfucker

Fire this stupid old bastard

We could've signed stecher

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1317520236900474887

:lol::lol::lol:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Kilza posted:

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1317511394288435201

The Pittsburgh Penguins bought out Jack Johnson and signed Cody Ceci.

https://twitter.com/RinkRatReport/status/1311379713617809411

Hirez posted:

I remember when Bryan Murray offered Ceci $4mil x 8 year extension or something and he turned it down in like 2016-17 - I think he ended up getting like 4.3/1 year in arb instead lol

JMFJ was also offered an extension by Columbus and turned it down in 2017 only to not get another offer and be signed by Pittsburgh.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Hooray for getting rid of Jack Johnson only to replace him with someone just as bad jfc.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

You guys will all be laughing when Cody Ceci wins the Conn Smythe

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Couldn’t have happened to a better team IMO

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/RinkRatReport/status/1311379713617809411

JMFJ was also offered an extension by Columbus and turned it down in 2017 only to not get another offer and be signed by Pittsburgh.

Ceci scored twice as a Leaf and both were against Columbus, so I'd be more worried about him being in your division now!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Dr Zaius posted:

Ceci scored twice as a Leaf and both were against Columbus, so I'd be more worried about him being in your division now!

He's going to have to wrestle the the title of designated Jacket killer away from Guentzel and that'll be a tough ask.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

At least it's only 1 year?

Still, gently caress

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Sure it's nice being only a year but that can easily become more years depending.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The nicest thing I can say about Cody Ceci is that if he plays low minutes in a sheltered role you probably won’t notice him that much.

The Leafs played him as a consistent top 4 defender, of course.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1317560067462434816

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Koopa Kid posted:

The nicest thing I can say about Cody Ceci is that if he plays low minutes in a sheltered role you probably won’t notice him that much.

The Leafs played him as a consistent top 4 defender, of course.

Before last season, I said the one year of Ceci wouldn’t be so bad as long as he’s used a 6/7. I was so naive.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Kilza posted:

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1317511394288435201

The Pittsburgh Penguins bought out Jack Johnson and signed Cody Ceci.

What in the actual gently caress

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

People vastly underestimate how many goals Cody Ceci could give up even with like 8 minutes of ice time.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
This is a great signing and I look forward to many highlights of Ceci in a Penguins jersey while the other team scores

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

People vastly underestimate how many goals Cody Ceci could give up even with like 8 minutes of ice time.

Exactly. Everyone says “oh it’s only 1 year and it’s a cheap contract” but they ignore how little time a truly terrible defenseman needs to gently caress everything over. Saw the same poo poo when NYR signed Jack Johnson.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

You could have had Brent Seabrook instead Pens. Way to go.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Furnaceface posted:

You could have had Brent Seabrook instead Pens. Way to go.

Good news! Seabrook is apparently going to be ready for opening day. Isn't that great?!

Alizee
Mar 2, 2006

"Heaven"

Dr Zaius posted:

Best thing about that is IIRC, for one of the goals, the only reason he scored is because he missed the net by like 8 feet and it went off a player to the side of the net and in.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Anyone can shoot the puck wide. Takes a special talent to do this:

https://twitter.com/SensProspects/status/938796923468705792

e: even better:

https://twitter.com/ShackTS/status/1145138370030387200

He's a real gem in transition.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

The Bruins are really overpaying their made up name players...

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

bub spank posted:

Anyone can shoot the puck wide. Takes a special talent to do this:

https://twitter.com/SensProspects/status/938796923468705792

e: even better:

https://twitter.com/ShackTS/status/1145138370030387200

He's a real gem in transition.

Best one is the Detroit goal where he angrily smashes his stick after coughing it up two the opposing player.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2020/10/17/braden-holtby-washington-dc-is-always-going-to-hold-that-special-place-in-my-familys-heart/

Huge Holtby interview with Vancouver media. He’s such a quality guy, still sucks he’s gone.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Can Cody Ceci make anything resembling a break out pass?

Edit: No joke I massively would have preferred Alzner. If the choice was between the two.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Can Cody Ceci make anything resembling a break out pass?

If it’s to the other team, does that count?

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
The things with Cody Ceci is that he *can* do the things an NHL defenseman needs to do, he just frequently looks like someone fumbled the controller in a video game.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Every once in a while Ceci makes a play with stunning competence that makes you go “huh” in one of those reminders that even bad NHLers are athletically gifted with years of training and experience.

The rest of the time you hope he goes glass and out so at least the puck gets turned over as far away from him as possible.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Every once in a while Ceci makes a play with stunning competence that makes you go “huh” in one of those reminders that even bad NHLers are athletically gifted with years of training and experience.

The rest of the time you hope he goes glass and out so at least the puck gets turned over as far away from him as possible.

Erik Gudbranson did a lot of this so I'm super excited for the Cody Ceci experience.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
I remember that being a cool part of the John Scott story, where he was like "I've busted my rear end to play in the NHL for 10 years and I'm proud of it. I'm going to the All Star game."

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
*sees a bunch of new posts*
*Opens thread*
*Throws phone in toilet*

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Flyinglemur posted:

*sees a bunch of new posts*
*Opens thread*
*Throws phone in toilet*

*Is now shitposting*

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

If the Pens even have an analytics department they must spend a lot of time screaming into pillows. Or dosed out on valium.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Cody Ceci and Jack Johnson have both led the league in on-ice goals against in the last decade. What other seven players have led the league, since the 2010-11 season? Two did it twice, one was part of a two-way tie with his teammate.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Lebda has to be on there.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

*Is now shitposting*

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

*Is now shitposting*

Ha ha jokes on you mister, I've been poo poo posting for well over a decade.