Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

He crossed a Stop and Shop picket line a few years ago.

The reason I even remember this is he also claimed he'd join the picket line once some mysterious health condition was dealt with which lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

The hell is body checking riskier than sitting on a bench next to a bunch of spitting, hard breathing dues for ~40 minutes a game?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
This is one of those stupid ideas that somehow gets traction but we all know is bullshit. Security theater if you will. Either play the games or don't. But yeah I'm not sure how checking is bad = covid

But three guys digging a puck out of the corner for 12 seconds is good.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Man I didn't really know anything about Tibbets, this guy is a tremendous rear end in a top hat lol

quote:

Tibbetts was arrested in August 2007 for leading police on a high-speed car chase, not long after having led police on a different high speed chase earlier in 2007.

In 2019 he served 58 days for violating his probation, then pleaded guilty to two counts of criminal harassment against the Scituate police chief and the chief's sister, and one count each of violating a harassment prevention order, intimidating a witness and driving with a suspended license. Shortly after being released, he was arrested on new drug charges.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Maybe it's a backdoor for them to pilot something they were already considering (to cut down on kids getting horrible concussions)

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah getting rid of checking in junior is fine but saying it’s because of COVID is stupid

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Make them skate six feet apart.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Good soup! posted:

Man I didn't really know anything about Tibbets, this guy is a tremendous rear end in a top hat lol

It’s amazing how any time he gets brought up, he is ALWAYS just going back to jail after getting out. And rather telling that that’s just his post-career legal trouble instead of everything during his playing days.

He also has an Instagram page where it’s just videos of him going on about everyone who’s wronged him, including him at his own arraignments. He needs some serious help.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

It was mandated by the ON government.
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/ohl-bodychecking-provincial-government-1.5754187

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
So they can check when they travel to Michigan?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Spelling Mitsake posted:

So they can check when they travel to Michigan?

The Michigan teams are probably moving to Canada for the year.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

clean ayers act posted:

The hell is body checking riskier than sitting on a bench next to a bunch of spitting, hard breathing dues for ~40 minutes a game?

I think the idea is that teams would be social bubbles, but yeah it's not a perfect solution.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Cartoon Man posted:

So the Winter Olympics then

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Bregor posted:

So the All-Star Game then

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Is Bobby Orr an American citizen? Did he have anchor babies or something? Gotta build that wall

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Literally turn them into the bubble hockey game.

Side note: rip your old avatar, I was always a fan (chrono trigger one, unless I’m mixing you up with a different poster).

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

No that was mine, wanted to give Jeff some cash.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

myron cope posted:

Is Bobby Orr an American citizen? Did he have anchor babies or something? Gotta build that wall

He's been friends with Don Cherry for a good while, imagine that had some influence, and I'd be surprised if Cherry weren't a Trump supporter

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

edit wrong thread

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

The Dirty Burger posted:

Ken Holland owes Nick Lidstrom his entire GM career imo

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He's been friends with Don Cherry for a good while, imagine that had some influence, and I'd be surprised if Cherry weren't a Trump supporter
He is and talked about it openly in some very uncomfortable HNIC segments.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Spring Break My Heart posted:

He is and talked about it openly in some very uncomfortable HNIC segments.

we need to bring these segments back, for a proper ending

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

we need to bring these segments back, for a proper ending

Nothing Don Cherry needs to be brought back. Not even for humorous mocking purposes.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Cartoon Man posted:

Nothing Don Cherry needs to be brought back. Not even for humorous mocking purposes.

He needs to be yelled at properly, for cathartic purposes

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He probably owes a bit to Håkan Andersson too.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
The American right wing machine already tried to trot out Don Cherry but he was too incoherent for them.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I'm really struggling to picture the potential Republican voter who would be persuaded by a Canadian hockey commentator. It'd have to be like ten dudes in the UP.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

grassy gnoll posted:

I'm really struggling to picture the potential Republican voter who would be persuaded by a Canadian hockey commentator. It'd have to be like ten dudes in the UP.

You have to be an absolute dumbass to get suckered in by a conservative businessman, after Alan Eagleson, who also was a conservative politician.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Canadian Conservatives are equivalent to US Dems.

(So are the Liberals.)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Aphrodite posted:

Canadian Conservatives are equivalent to US Dems.

(So are the Liberals.)

Does this make Cherry a Democrat?

Would Bernie be NDP?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

grassy gnoll posted:

Boomers from Boston suburbs?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bernie's stuff is all just things Canada already has and takes for granted, so him too.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

eXXon posted:

Boomers from Boston suburbs?

Bobby Orr is getting a Barstool podcast after this, absolutely

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Someone on Twitter posted a lineup of Sakic's moves since July 2017.

Brought onto the team

Burakovsky - Kadri - Saad
Namestnikov - Bowers - Wilson
Brassard - Kamenev - Foudy
Rolston - Aman - Steinburg

Girard - Toews
Graves - Byram
Orpik - Connauton
Gilbert

Grubauer
Annunen

Traded away team

Soderberg - Duchene - Kerfoot
(Draft picks)

Zadorov - Barrie
Lindholm - Rosen
Meloche - Bigras
Del Gaizo

no goalies traded

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Guess who’s the most dummy thicc...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He’s talking about Cherry dummies, Orr isn’t a commentator.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/rwesthead/status/1322705701429530625?s=19

So, letting children die is still on the table folks.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Just do a short winter season on outdoor bodies of water. Ottawa can skate on the canal, Peterborough can skate by the lift locks, Sudbury can skate on any flat surface.

drat, that would actually be kind of cool.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

He’s talking about Cherry dummies, Orr isn’t a commentator.

?? I was talking about Cherry - the only Americans I could imagine giving a poo poo about him are old farts who fondly remember his coaching career.

Anyway, if there's one silver lining to this year so far (there isn't), it's gotta be not having to hear from or about Don Cherry. 🍒!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/EishockeyN/status/1323037189672996881

Oilers get Kahun. Hell ya