Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
A former Trump campaign employee got fired from the Hurricanes after the NHL found out that the Hurricanes hired a guy from the Trump campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

eXXon posted:

Even if you completely ignore the Dallas Stars, 1.3% of players testing positive during a one-week training camp prior to a season with a much more porous bubble than last year actually seems really loving bad.

Like I said before I assume a lot of these are guys loving around during the holidays before camp started but who knows

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Hand Knit posted:

The season starts tomorrow. Someone prepare a thread.

No, please wait for the Stars

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/todd-bertuzzi-records-personalized-messages-3254278

Hated former Canucks player Todd Bertuzzi will record you a personalized video for $75

He's so irrelevant now that I can't think of anything funny for him to say.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2090488

quote:

"Keith Yandle has fallen out of favor with the Florida Panthers. They've let it be known to him that he does not factor into their plans for this season," Seravalli said.

He added: "The plan at this point is to make Keith Yandle a healthy scratch at some point."

he's got 3 years left, 6.35m per, and a no movement clause. this past season was not especially kind to him - he got protected with 57% o-zone starts, and was still Florida's second worst defenseman at shot control (RIP Anton Stralman). at 5v5 last season, he spent 423 minutes with Brown, 314 with Ekblad, and it looks like maybe 400 minutes total with other assorted partners, and almost nobody saw their shot numbers get better in their ice time with Yandle vs. their time. it's really just Aaron Ekblad, who dragged Yandle up into the heavens with him like Panther great Brian Campbell before him.

Ekblad and Yandle together:
61.55 CF/60, 52.78 CA/60 = 53.83% corsi for

Yandle without Ekblad: (numbers are krangled, built on powerful napkin math since I've lost my grip on the fancy stat community and couldn't anywhere to get the /60 numbers for a Yandle without Ekblad dataset)
53.3~ CF/60, 64.1~ CA/60 = 45.7% corsi for

that's uh. that's horrific shot bleedin', folks

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

How many more players do the Stars have left under contract and not on IR or covid-quarantine before they can't ice a team?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Shinjobi posted:

I will probably close this thread in the mid afternoon. Somebody please make a new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Oh, Fine!