Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

kalensc posted:

Those Emrick anecdotes are awesome. Also I want to see a list of the 100+ terms for a pass/shot.

Here's a primer in the form of a song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbsgtf986qQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

Pillbug
Just spent half an hour trying to find it and am beginning to wonder if I just imagined it but Once in a Lifetime by talking heads came on the other day and I remembered someone here (I think zodijacky? Maybe wamsutta or rotten cookies?) wrote up a bunch of lyrics for it. I can't remember it all and am probably getting it wrong but they were like:

This is not my long island house
This is not my long island wife
Etc

Don't let the fourth line hold me down
Sent to the Q again
After the money's gone

Did this happen? Or am I having a breakdown

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

fits posted:

it was rotten cookies

Magic

You are a gentleman and a scholar

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
That blues jersey is cool as hell

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

ThinkTank posted:

There better not be more than two preseason games this year.

Two preseason games is about 178 more minutes of hockey than is required for Ferland to reconcuss himself into another timeline by trying to send a message to the boys that he's got their back out there

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
I once shared the ice with Zenon Konopka!

And by that I mean I played a 10am shinny on the same surface that hosted the USA* VERSUS CANADA* exhibition match later that evening.

* not actually either national team, duh

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Dach is gonna need a cadaver wrist or something to keep his NHL career. That looks supremely hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Zemgus Girgensens broke during scrimmage today

https://twitter.com/sabresplays/status/1346171871704862722?s=21

lol if they let go other, better players to overpay Zemgus only to have him get a season-ending injury before the season even began.

The hell even happened there? Zoomed that far out it looks like a really minor bump, must have torn the gently caress out of his groin/hammy or something?