Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

That sure is a loving decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I'm a casual hockey fan and have only followed the league closely for a few years but maybe you should fire Bergeron?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

eXXon posted:

I am definitely on board with the Bruins firing Bergeron into the sun.

I meant America's Funniest Home Videos host Tom Bergeron but this is also acceptable.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

wow

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Maybe he just really wanted to live in Buffalo.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

It's a tragedy we'll never get to see 'The Kraken.'

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Pungry posted:

It's Luke Heimlich all over again.

Up here in Corvallis there are still people who think he didn't get a fair shake. Its absolutely terrifying.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

There's been talk about MLB and NBA expansion, but I think most of the official word ranges from "not yet" to "no."

The NBA of course has Seattle trying to get the Sonics back, and with the Kraken having solved the Seattle arena issue, they've got a place to play assuming it can be shared. I don't know if there's a second consensus city that would get them to 32, but Vegas gets mentioned a lot. Missouri doesn't have a team so KC or St Louis could be a good option.

Baseball has a group that includes Russell Wilson trying to get a team in Portland, and there's been a push to get a team back in Montreal. I've also heard Nashville and Charlotte bandied around as options, but I'm not sure how much support there is for either of those sites. There's also old broke-brains who want to bring a team back to Brooklyn but that's not happening.

I don't know if there's any team in the NBA currently pulling the relocation threat for stadium subsidies grift, but the MLB has Tampa and Oakland doing that. There has been a bit of chatter about expansion for both leagues this year because both leagues have lost a lot of revenue due to Covid, and a fat expansion fee probably looks a lot more tempting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Aw gently caress, Toronto's going to win a playoff series, aren't they?

No, and its going to be very funny.