Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Sbisa was still 'decent' compared to Gudbranson.
Probably the two worst Canucks defensemen in the past 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
It’s the funniest thing in world. I think about it every time I hear his name.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Everyone’s badmouthing the Myers contract, but I’d like to see you take that many undisciplined penalties in the playoffs.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

"Hey Stan, I'll offer you Brandon Saad in exchange for the final 10 years of your life."

"My son will always be remembered as a risk-taker."

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
The Vancouvington Capnuckitals vs The Calcouver Flucks is going to be a heated division rivalry this season.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
San Jose wanted Marleau but not Thornton?

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
One of my most disliked players in the league is Robert Thomas because he so blatantly has two first names. Hate hearing it.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

goldrush posted:

I once knew a guy named Paul James Alfred Todd (I can't remember if that was the exact order), you guys should meet
Sure, I'd love to meet those 4 people.

Wippersnapper posted:

How do you feel about Dave Thomas?
Gets a pass because frostys.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Martin Hanzal just retired. Kind of surprising.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Why is this thread trying to convince me that Bo Horvat is thicker than Jamie Benn

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Flyinglemur posted:

Toxx update

In order to get a number I also need a name. Biden and Gritty are off the table but I'm considering LOLTRUMP

Actually Gritty might be ok - its not like I'm going to wear this to a game

Anyway, open to ideas. Except Aphrodite's idea which is probably for me to just shut the gently caress up already.
ONE TERM

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Spelling Mitsake posted:

I don't want the habs to wear a blue sweater. :mad:

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Minnesota should make that their normal jersey, it owns.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Holtby was a decent signing. Money was less than expected, he's a solid 1A/1B option, and now we don't have to worry about losing someone else to Seattle.

Ferland got a concussion and then went out onto the ice and started a fight to prove ??? and then got another concussion.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

ThinkTank posted:

It's a travesty that we're yet to see a father/son fight in the history of the NHL.
gently caress that'd be cool. Gordie and Mark was probably our best bet. Or the Tkachuks if Keith had stayed around.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

hate to break it, but Keith was the good kind of Hockey Dad.

(i refereed Matthew and Brady a lot as they progressed thru the ranks in St Louis. he was easily recognizable because he really DID become Big Walt in his retirement, bought a conversion van because he wanted to be there for the boys every weekend, and never really got heated unlike certain other former pros. i've got great stories if you want to hear them.)
Keith sounds like a good guy, but that family is also competitive as gently caress. I won't be shocked if Brady and Matthew fight.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

ThinkTank posted:

Ah yes, once again due to a startling coincidence an older player suffers a career ending injury the moment their effectiveness drops and the team is in dire need of cap space.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

When Aquilini does something legitimately great and you know you have to give him props

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
The Vancouver Canucks are easily the best team in the Canadian division, but unfortunately half of them will be playing for the Calgary Flames.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The league has plenty of skilled players already
but they do not have a player named Elmer, and he needs to make it on that basis alone

Commentators prepping for "Elmer is really the glue that holds this top line together" like

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Chad Sexington posted:

He'll be in good shape after a month. Only thing that is going to torpedo his ability to play even casually is he's going to need to be on blood thinners if he gets a mechanical valve put in. I'd hate to imagine the bruises you'd get being a goalie on blood thinners.
Vesa Toskola was on blood thinners for years and he never had a bruise on him.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
https://twitter.com/NHLdotcom/status/1349164121871196160?s=20